PDA

View Full Version : Tortilla Girl at DCA

justagrrl
01-14-2002, 07:42 AM
Yesterday, we made our way into the Tortilla "attraction" for the first time at DCA. Now, I'd heard a lot of less then positive things about DCA, including the Tortilla "attraction", so I wasn't expecting a whole lot. (And I should add that DCA has really grown on me because my family really loves going to the boardwalk.) Anyway, as I was saying, we went to see the tortillas for the first time.

It was an *odd* experience, mostly due to the CM giving the tortilla speil. She told us 3 or 4 times that she knew we didn't want to hear her speech (?) (this occured both at the beginning of the "tour" and during it.) She also told us, with much exasperation (and did I detect a whine) that she'd been there "alllllll daaaaay" She seemed to not know her speech very well, as she repeated several parts of it a few times.

It was a really wierd experience.

She seemed to be a nice, intelligent young lady - but the impression I got was that she didn't know her speech and was really bored by the parts she did know. Not a real positive experience.

But the tortilla was good.

I should also add that the other CM's did not come off this way at all. The person next to the machine told us many interesting things about it and seemed genuinely interested in answering questions.

HeeHeeHeeHoHoHo
01-14-2002, 11:08 PM
The general feeling I get it is this attraction has been changed to minimize the quick grabbing of a tortilla as a free snack.

This free snack is something Disney probably doesn't want to provide to you anymore and as 'punishment' you are forced to listen to an un-trained CM talk about a mural that at best is plain, and watch everyone's puzzled look as to what's going on.

Every CM that has taken a tour group through this exhibit that I recall has stumbled over their spiel. A proper 'tour' of anything should be polished and professional. The CMs at this exhibit are neither - likely because their prior job description involved clicking a little silver thing 90% of the time.

Mouse
01-15-2002, 05:32 PM
They sell those mission tortillas back stage for $0.90 a bag of... I don't know...20. They make great snacks and you can make some quick friends for cheep if you bring a bag into the breakroom.

I'm now torn between my desire for tortillas and my desire for a churro (thanks to the what is a churro thread).

And all I have to eat is dorm food!:crying:

DisneyDenise28
01-15-2002, 08:55 PM
hey hey hey, I am a mission show hostess, but not the one in this thread. but I must stand up for her because the tour is really bad. In fact they are supposed to be putting up screens similar to the bakery tour because they know the tour is really cheesy. The tour was actually made to bore you all to death so you won't continue to repeat for tortillas, because then the company mission loses too much money. Plus we are supposed to explain those murals that don't mean anything to "teach" you about tortillas, but they bite, so the girl probably wasn't tripping up on her spiel, it's just that there isn't really a true spiel for the tour, just some dumb facts to sell a mission product.

HeeHeeHeeHoHoHo
01-15-2002, 09:15 PM
It's interesting you say they 'could lose money'. Isn't' that machine pumping out tortillas all day? Do they EVER shut it off? You're right about the mural though - there's absolutely nothing to say about it