PDA

View Full Version : Question about AP

Tinkerbelle923
04-20-2005, 03:59 PM
I am sorry if this has been posted before (I did a search but did not find the answer I need)

I am considering getting a Deluxe AP this summer (the one with 320 days available)

however the 320 days are rather important for me to know in advance and my computer can not access the link on the DL site. (it's unreadable on my comp)

could someone please let me know which 45 days are blacked out?
I am assuming most Saturdays, (esp. in summer) Christmas break and spring break...but I need specific dates not generalizations.

If you have this info available (without linking me back to the DL site please...it wont work for me) It would be greatly apreciated.

TIA
-Tink

sdfilmcritic
04-20-2005, 04:00 PM
For the deluxe passport it's mainly Saturdays, holiday weekends, or holiday weeks like Thanksgiving/Christmas/Spring Break

sunfun94
04-20-2005, 04:12 PM
I have a Deluxe Pass....

According to DL's website:

Every Saturday through Sept 3rd...
Sundays: May 29th , July 3 and 17th, Sept 4th, Dec 25th

blacked out the entire 4th of July weekend ( Sat - Mon )

July 17th :crying: (DL's birthday)

Thanksgiving weekend (Thurs-Sat)

The week of Christmas through New years (12/24-12/31)

It really thins out as far as black out days after the new year... one weekend in January and February

Hope this helps!

Darkbeer
04-20-2005, 04:34 PM
Check out this link...

http://www.mousesavers.com/dltickets.html#annual

Let alone can you find all the blockout dates for each AP... you can also see the full list of discounts, something Disneyland.com doesn't do (unless you already have an AP).

Tinkerbelle923
04-20-2005, 05:17 PM
Wow thanks everyone

Darkbeer, thanks for the link, I have to do some calulating but it looks like the meal sicounts alone would make it worth doing a PAP....

Earkid
04-20-2005, 05:29 PM
Remeber that the PAP also comes with parking.

Darkbeer
04-20-2005, 05:31 PM
A lot of folks get one Premium AP for the family, and the rest of the family get Deluxes or SoCals...

The difference is currently $120, so the first question is.. Do you need parking? If you do, it is $49 with any other AP, but free with the Premium....

While other AP's get some discounts, the Premium gets the most discounts, including a Premium only 10% discount on merchandise...

So, the basic rule, if you need parking, will you spend over $700 on food and merchandise to recover the difference between a Deluxe and Premium. If not, than you are looking at about $1200 in food and merchandise that you would not get if you bought a Deluxe...

Tinkerbelle923
04-20-2005, 06:21 PM
so far the way I am looking at it
my family is going in July 5 days
5 day P/H $169 per adult (I need 3) and $139 for a child = $646

but I can upgrand my ticket to a DAP for $40 more
-or-
upgrade my ticket to a PAP for $160 more

thats a significant difference but if I will save enough in Meals and Merch. It would make it well worth it.

We plan on eatting at
the Plaza Inn (10%)
Blue Bayou (15%) w/PAP
Ariels (15%) w/PAP
Goofy's (10%) w/PAP
Storytellers (10%) w/PAP
and thats not counting all the other places we will prob. eat at that are 10% and all the stuff that the kids (ok and I) will be buying.

suddenly $160 doesn't seem such a big difference but again I have to do some rough estimates....

BTW only I will be getting AP because I am planning on going to Mouse adventures this year. (if I upgraded all of their tickets to DAP it would be $150 more)

One more question- since we are only getting one AP how oftain does Disney offer the reduced tickets prices for AP's to purchase for friends
(basicly if I decide to take my kids on a spur-of-the-moment trip, how much would their tickets cost)?

Thanks
-Tink

EDIT: so I just figured it up for $310 added to my July trip (before taking into concideration discounts) I can get 1 PAP and 3 DAP and take a birthday trip in Sept ( we have 3 birthdays in sept/oct) a winter trip in Dec (before x-mas break) and a summer trip in 2006
I think I'm sold :D ....now to convince my husband.

Earkid
04-20-2005, 07:08 PM
Plus you can get some cool Passholder exclusive pins too!! :D

sunfun94
04-21-2005, 08:32 AM
Plus you can get some cool Passholder exclusive pins too!! :D

Lol... good point

jennia
04-21-2005, 11:42 AM
Can someone take pity on me and tell me what Mouse Adventures is? I've searched the forum and the webs and still have no idea what it is.

Darkbeer
04-21-2005, 11:49 AM
Here is a link to the official page...

http://www.mouseplanet.com/mouseadventure/

jennia
04-21-2005, 12:31 PM
Thank you!!!!!!