PDA

View Full Version : DTD Build a Bear?

disneychelle
04-20-2005, 11:15 AM
Does anyone know if the BAB at DTD still do the dolls and can you give me any info on it their website says nothing. My DD7 would really appreciate it as that was something she intended to spend her disneymoney on. Thanks so much!

bradk
04-20-2005, 11:35 AM
dolls? i guess the DTD store could be different, but i'm pretty familiar with BABW and I'm not sure what you mean by dolls per se.

slydini
04-20-2005, 12:03 PM
I believe that you can make the dolls there.

ksejr1
04-20-2005, 12:28 PM
i was there last month, and I dont remember seeing any dolls there at all

Jillybean110
04-20-2005, 01:08 PM
Does anyone know if the BAB at DTD still do the dolls and can you give me any info on it their website says nothing. My DD7 would really appreciate it as that was something she intended to spend her disneymoney on. Thanks so much!

Yes they do have the dolls. My 3 DD's all built bears & dolls, when we were there over spring break. So your DD can rest assured that they are available to build.

bradk
04-20-2005, 01:22 PM
can someone clarify what the doll is for the sake of my sanity?

Jillybean110
04-20-2005, 01:27 PM

Basically they are a rag doll. Little girls or boys. Kind of like the ones Ty Beanie Baby Company sold.

Jewels
04-20-2005, 01:28 PM

http://www.friends2bmade.com/shop/browsecategory.aspx?Category=girls

bradk
04-20-2005, 01:35 PM
wow.. totally new to me.. thanks

mandi2728
04-20-2005, 01:40 PM
does any one know if they have anything ie clothing for the bears, critters and, dolls with disney logos on them to signify that they got them from dtd

Jewels
04-20-2005, 01:51 PM
does any one know if they have anything ie clothing for the bears, critters and, dolls with disney logos on them to signify that they got them from dtd

When we were there in may I saw a bear with mouse ears and a mickey sweat shirt in the store.

mandi2728
04-20-2005, 01:59 PM
ok thank you so they at least have some things. we were there just after it opened and they didnt have anything available yet.

bradk
04-20-2005, 03:22 PM
oops.. thought i had responded to this

there's the exclusive mickey mouse outfit mentioned above, but there's also a DTD shirt as well as various outfits as seen here: http://www.buildabear.com/shop/browsecategory.aspx?CallingPage=BrowseCategory&Category=Disney

mystycalchyk
04-20-2005, 03:31 PM
query. Since I've never done the build a bear thing...I was just wondering. I have a desire to make a floppy bunny. He must be floppy and super duper soft though.....can you limit the amount of stuffing they shove in there to make them uber floppy? Or do they hafta pack em full? Do they have any bunnies? Do they have any that are of the super soft you-cant-stop-touching-me fabric?

bradk
04-20-2005, 03:36 PM
they have a few bunnies (http://www.buildabear.com/shop/browsecategory.aspx?Category=All+Furry+Friends&SiteCode=BABW_US). not sure if any of them are that super soft thing though. i don't think so, but i could be wrong. i know the pink poodle is and nikki ii is and possibly a couple of others.

as far as stuffing goes, they're not incredibly soft just from the fur/skin (unless you consider those ultra soft ones), but as far as the amount of stuffing goes, that's entirely up to you. the only limiting factor might be if you're using a soundbox as they might have to stuff it more to keep the box in place.