PDA

View Full Version : How busy has the park been so far...

atalmi
04-20-2005, 07:41 AM
this week? We'll be getting there tonight and will be at the park Thu and Fri... just want to prepare myself for the worse :cool:

ksejr1
04-20-2005, 12:37 PM
I was there last saturday, and it wasnt bad at all.

jennia
04-20-2005, 01:00 PM
We arrived at DLR last Friday at 6PM and styed until midnight. The crowds were much lighter than we expected (we had visited quite a bit over Spring Break.) We were in some of the shortest lines we have **ever** seen. We've had APs for over 2 years so that's saying something!! I wonder if people planning trips didn't plan for this period of time because they wanted to wait until the official anniversary celebration started? I know that we had such a great little visit that as soon as my son is done with his standardized testing we'll be planning more of these little trips.... as many as we can squeeze in until the 05/05/05 celebration kicks off!

DangerMouse
04-20-2005, 01:15 PM
We arrived at DLR last Friday at 6PM and styed until midnight. The crowds were much lighter than we expected (we had visited quite a bit over Spring Break.) We were in some of the shortest lines we have **ever** seen. We've had APs for over 2 years so that's saying something!! I wonder if people planning trips didn't plan for this period of time because they wanted to wait until the official anniversary celebration started? I know that we had such a great little visit that as soon as my son is done with his standardized testing we'll be planning more of these little trips.... as many as we can squeeze in until the 05/05/05 celebration kicks off!

Oh man, I am praying this holds true for this weekend and next week! I will be there Sun-Wed and really am hoping for smaller crowds. However, I have a feeling all the two-fers are gonna come out and finish up their play time!

jennia
04-20-2005, 01:24 PM
The 2-fers will be there I'm sure!!! Friday we made it on and off of TOT, Indy, POTC and BTRR all with about 10 minutes in each line. DS was *really* impressed at how much we got to do this last mini-visit!!

Another thing that might impact you is the standardized testing. We are way out in the desert but DS's school has standardized testing this week and next. Missing school during standardized testing is a HUGE no-no. I'm sure other local districts who are testing during this time and if so, you won't get the locals who have kids being tested there on a weekday. I squeezed in our visit in on Friday before testing started because I didn't want DS to be too tired Monday to do well on the tests. :D :D

I hope that you end up with two good days at the park.