PDA

View Full Version : Goofy Kitchen -- Dinner

celinas mommy
04-20-2005, 06:54 AM
I have done the Character Breakfast @ Goofy's I was wondering if anyone could tell me how the dinner is or if there is better Character Dinner at another location.

Does Storytellers have a Character Dinner. Thanks for any info...

stan4d_steph
04-20-2005, 07:06 AM
Storyteller's does not have a character dinner. The restaurant serves a regular dinner menu and usually has a buffet choice as well.

Here are some previous reviews of character meal dinners:
http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?t=39995
http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?t=40081
http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?p=567804
http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?t=39184

You should also check out the MousePlanet Review Database (http://www.mouseplanet.com/cgi/reviews/do/find.cgi?product-category=Disneyland%20Resort%20%2F%20Restaurants).

stitchlvr
04-20-2005, 07:09 AM
I have done the Character Breakfast @ Goofy's I was wondering if anyone could tell me how the dinner is or if there is better Character Dinner at another location.

Does Storytellers have a Character Dinner. Thanks for any info...

I can tell you I enjoyed the character dinner at Ariel's Grotto more than at Goofy's (and I love breakfast at Goofy's). Other people on this board who have been there more recently really like Goofy's for dinner though so it may have improved since I've been there (a number of years ago). It wasn't awful, character interaction was good, food was only fair, price was high. Ariel's was a better deal in my opinion. The food was great, the price reasonable and the character interaction great.

I don't know about Storytellers.

Hakuna Makarla
04-20-2005, 07:23 AM
we also loved Ariels grotto for dinner, we went three weeks ago.( me, coaster chickie, tiffany, Mukta, and crazy train. It was good, and the interaction was awsome!

kohl
04-20-2005, 08:27 AM
We love Goofy's Kitchen for dinner. If it wasn't so much money, we would eat there every night we are there. I think the buffet at Storyteller's is the same price, but not sure. Storyteller's does not have characters for dinner, but the buffet is still good. I know that Ariel's is not a buffet if that is what you are looking for, but we thought Ariel's was fun also.

MsYumiBr
04-20-2005, 08:52 AM
We are planning to try Storytellers next time. We had a late PS at Goofy's on a Monday and it was sooo crowded. The character interaction was not so good at our corner of the room even though we were sitting in the birthday zone. My husband complained so we got more characters to stop by. Goofy hurt his foot during an overenthusiastic breakdance. I got yelled at by a CM (well, not exactly directly yelled at) to go back to my seat. She was just looking at me when she said it but directed it to the whole crowd. Peter Pan was outside the restaurant in the lobby and when Hook and Smeed ran out of the lobby my kids cornered them for photos and autographs which made Peter mad. We didn't know there was a crowd of people in the lobby! Too late. My husband took the opportunity that ran to *us*. I was just minding my own business then got offended by Peter and was in a bad mood anyway. Next time we go to Goofy's Friday a.m. Ariel's was great. We went for lunch on a Saturday.

Dream Again
04-20-2005, 09:41 AM
We are planning to try Storytellers next time. We had a late PS at Goofy's on a Monday and it was sooo crowded. The character interaction was not so good at our corner of the room even though we were sitting in the birthday zone. My husband complained so we got more characters to stop by. Goofy hurt his foot during an overenthusiastic breakdance. I got yelled at by a CM (well, not exactly directly yelled at) to go back to my seat. She was just looking at me when she said it but directed it to the whole crowd. Peter Pan was outside the restaurant in the lobby and when Hook and Smeed ran out of the lobby my kids cornered them for photos and autographs which made Peter mad. We didn't know there was a crowd of people in the lobby! Too late. My husband took the opportunity that ran to *us*. I was just minding my own business then got offended by Peter and was in a bad mood anyway. Next time we go to Goofy's Friday a.m. Ariel's was great. We went for lunch on a Saturday.

Ick, what a terrible experience :(

MsYumiBr
04-20-2005, 10:08 AM
It might have been a terrible experience, but as you can see, we do plan on going again. I just think it was crowded, I was grumpy because we were going home and took everything personally. The food was great and ate so much we didn't have to eat anything all day until the Fantasmic! dessert buffet. :D

tod
04-20-2005, 10:30 AM
Keep away from that round room we call "The Rotunda."

Character interation in there is okay, but there is no air circulation in the room and the Macarena area is right on the path between you and the food.

--t

celinas mommy
04-21-2005, 05:23 AM
Thanks for the info... Is there a better day to Breakfast then another day?

I was thinking that Fri/Sat are out the question do to the crowds. We will be there May 19-May26?

Any thoughts?