PDA

View Full Version : Waiting for what comes next...

Pages : [1] 2

wonderful
01-13-2002, 10:08 PM
Disneyland's 50th, TOT, BugLand, etc....
What do we hope for? Well, here's my two bits...
The 50th... All the "rumors" about rehabs seem to be founded in at least some truth, I STRONGLY agree with Jungle Cruise and Small World, but I don't think the others need it... I'd say Tiki (dear God, please FIX IT!), Star Tours, and re-introduce Subs with a new theme. AND, howz about a new parade??? NOT the Electrical Parade, but something along the same lines...
Tower... I think the best news is that it IS coming... I'd hope for the best... every once in a while you don't get disappointed.
Bugland... I refuse to call it the "fair" until I have to... I think we'll all be rather surprised by the theming and I'm glad it too IS coming to DCA.
Critter Country... okay, we're getting Pooh (a very unenthusiastic "yippee"), but changing the whole land COULD be great... I was mentioning that some theming incorporating characters from Robin Hood and Sleepy Hollow could be fun and make sure Pooh doesn't get his own (undeserved) land.
And what about Mulholland and Limo?... Mullholand isn't down long enough for the "burning" I was hoping for, but maybe some very "Disney" theming could find it's way to that sad ride.... and Limo, supposedly, is BACK to "TBD" instead of 03/22 opening, so I can only hope that some MAJOR stuff is going on there... and has anyone noticed Millionaire got lame and boring real quick? Wonder what will be next.
Well, can't wait to read what all of you have to say.

Cadaverous Pallor
01-14-2002, 03:52 PM
Have you ridden Mulholland? It's scary as all hell! I'm a coaster aficionado, raised on Magic Mountain's monsters, and I scream like a child on Mulholland! It's a lot of fun, and I think the park would lose something if it disappeared entirely. I wouldn't mind a theming redo.

Ace
01-14-2002, 04:35 PM
All I'm waiting for is my driver's licesnse. and the 50th, that'll be a woopdinger of a good time.

merlinjones
01-14-2002, 05:33 PM
How about enclosing Mulholland in a Funhouse and turning the same track into a dark ride with fully animated Monsters Inc characters... that way they'd be halfway there already in terms of $$$. The ride is a bore without theming, but it might be fun as a dark ride... and it would be more "deluxe" than any original dark ride which would likely just be track & cart.

JoeCanadian
01-14-2002, 05:42 PM
What are the chances of Alien Encounter ever making it to the West coast? It's a pretty unique ride really...course I'm sure I know the kind of response it would receive.

mad4mky
01-14-2002, 06:49 PM
Originally posted by JoeCanadian
What are the chances of Alien Encounter ever making it to the West coast? It's a pretty unique ride really...course I'm sure I know the kind of response it would receive.

Arn't any of you guys tired of getting Orlando seconds?

Before Bug, Muppets, Pooh(almost here) and Honey came here...I had already seen them at WDWI love TOT...but if they keep bringing the stuff out here, I will have no reason to spend my vacations dollars in Orlando. And I spend twice as much there.

I hope they get innovative and give us something, great new...and all ours!:)

cemeinke
01-14-2002, 06:52 PM
Originally posted by Cadaverous Pallor
Have you ridden Mulholland? It's scary as all hell! I'm a coaster aficionado, raised on Magic Mountain's monsters, and I scream like a child on Mulholland! It's a lot of fun, and I think the park would lose something if it disappeared entirely. I wouldn't mind a theming redo.

Something must be wrong or we're missing something. Not Afraid and I finally rode Mulholland for the first time right before it went into refurbishment. When the ride ended, we stared speechless at each other with looks of wonder, as in "that was it?"

Maybe we'll have to try it again when it comes back, but my first thought was that the only way to make it scary would be to have it operated by one-armed carnies. :confused:

Nigel2
01-14-2002, 10:15 PM
Originally posted by wonderful
AND, howz about a new parade??? NOT the Electrical Parade, but something along the same lines...

Ok, good at least someone is on the same thought path as me with not wanting DEP back. But if they gut SSL I call Jackie Chan.:D

Also on MM, odds are if you had to wait too long for it the ride seems like a ripoff, but when its walk on it is rather fun.:D

Gemini Cricket
01-14-2002, 10:28 PM
MousePlanet did an excellent three part article on "Alien Encounter" and about how it possibly will never come to DL. I scoured the archives and couldn't find it. Maybe an administrator could help and post a link?
:)

Nigel2
01-14-2002, 10:40 PM
Did it have anything to do with the fact that it would stick out like a sore thumb in our Tland? (well it is starting to in MK as well) since it is almost like a trade show area in front at the MK.

wonderful
01-14-2002, 10:47 PM
Alien Encounter... I have heard that it's great, but I am also tired of getting WDW "old" stuff... I say, if they're gonna spend the money, make it something NEW!
DEP... maybe it's just me, but I like it at DCA and I'm in no rush to see it go... although I like Eureka! much more (just my taste, folks... don't burn me at the stake!) Parade of the Stars is horrible and Hong Kong can have it! I'd like to see something BIG like Lion King again (note: NOT lion King again!)
SSL... I'd have to claim Cher cause she'd sell for a lot on ebay!
Mullholand... I think with some good theming (REALLY like the "enclose it in a fun house" idea) it would be an attraction of "dark ride calliber" but it will never be the e-ticket that some DCA verbage might have you believe it is. Personally, I'd still burn it =)
No one mentioned Millionaire... I really do think it's seen its day, am I the only one?

Nigel2
01-15-2002, 12:27 AM
I will help you remove cher if you help me with JC.:D

Iceman
01-15-2002, 06:54 AM
I like SSL as it is, but since we're all claiming characters, I'll take Cindy Crawford. :D

01-15-2002, 08:26 AM
Originally posted by wonderful
re-introduce Subs with a new theme.

Yeah, baby!

Nigel2
01-16-2002, 09:29 PM
Originally posted by Iceman
I like SSL as it is, but since we're all claiming characters, I'll take Cindy Crawford. :D

Hmmmm, wasn't there a comment that she looks like a whore on SSL?:D
Still I do like it, but I still want the Jackie Chan Anamatronic (mabey I can get it to knock that evil Regis Philben one off its poles.:D)

jslivinski
01-25-2002, 11:56 AM
Originally posted by DisneyLad MousePlanet did an excellent three part article on "Alien Encounter" and about how it possibly will never come to DL. I scoured the archives and couldn't find it. Maybe an administrator could help and post a link?:) That article was by Jim Hill, I tracked down the link below.

The ExtraTERRORestrial Files (http://www.laughingplace.com/News-ID115090.asp)

stan4d_steph
01-25-2002, 05:15 PM
Originally posted by Nigel2

Still I do like it, but I still want the Jackie Chan Anamatronic (mabey I can get it to knock that evil Regis Philben one off its poles.:D)

Absolutely right! She looks like a street walker! I call dibs on the bondage pigs. :)

As far as Mullholland, I found it to be painful. I had bruises on my arms from all the slamming against the sides.

I'll weigh in on Alien Encounter too: I found it to be way too loud. I don't mind loud noises in general, but it just seemed to be a bit over the top. Neat the first time, but it wouldn't be my choice to go on again.

I agree with Mad4Mky. We need some DLR originals, otherwise what is the incentive to visit the other park?

tinkfreak
01-25-2002, 05:26 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by cemeinke

Maybe we'll have to try it again when it comes back, but my first thought was that the only way to make it scary would be to have it operated by one-armed carnies. :confused: [/QUOTE

That can be arranged! We have those kind of CM's at cast costuming!

Morrigoon
01-25-2002, 05:31 PM
Okay, after seeing the Blizzard Beach article today... I would not mind so much if they wanted to put that in the strawberry field. I'd rather have Westcot or disneysea, but failing that, I'd welcome a blizzard beach, it looks pretty good (but they need one of those tubing rides where you choose which way to go along the way like raging waters has)

Nigel2
01-25-2002, 09:46 PM
Yeah alien encounter is a little loud, but it is supposed to add to the realizm (what are the odds that Skippy would be able to breath in our earth's atmosphere, unless he loves nitrogen).

mrfantasmic
01-25-2002, 10:36 PM
We've been on the subs thing for a half a year now and I don't think I've heard anything about it from an unofficial OR official source.

Nigel2
01-25-2002, 11:23 PM
I would say that I am surprised that they didn't board up the walls arround the lagoon and drain the thing but then the people on the monorail would see it.

Iceman
01-26-2002, 09:46 AM

Indeed there was, and if all "ladies of the night" looked like Cindy in that patent leather micro-skirt, then I might be inclined to partake! ;)

tinkfreak
01-26-2002, 12:45 PM
I would say that I am surprised that they didn't board up the walls arround the lagoon and drain the thing but then the people on the monorail would see it.

Yeah, and the Matterhorn is sinking and the pressure from the sub lagoon is holdng it up. (Reliable sources)

mrfantasmic
01-26-2002, 01:05 PM
Originally posted by tinkfreak

Yeah, and the Matterhorn is sinking and the pressure from the sub lagoon is holdng it up. (Reliable sources)

What the heck are you talking about?

Okay, I'm done. But be a little bit clearer.
What do you mean?