PDA

View Full Version : Critique my ride plans please...

Pureevents
04-19-2005, 08:46 PM
Here's my Ride plans for my upcoming trip!
A note should be made that anytime you see “get fast pass for…(ride)” that mean’s I run off to get a fast pass while my girlfriend waits in line at the next ride.

Monday May 2nd
Indiana
Splash (hope it’s up)
Get fast pass for Winnie the pooh
Pirates
Haunted mansion
It’s a small world
Rid Winnie the pooh using FP

May 3rd
USE EARLY ENTRY
Buzz
Matterhorn
Get fast pass for big thunder
Alice
Mad tea party
Mr toad
Get fast pass for roger rabbit
Ride Mark twain
Tom Sawyers island
Tarzan’s treehouse
Ride Roger Rabbit
Ride Big Thunder Mountain

May 4th at DCA
Soaring
California dreaming
Get Fast pass for tower and grizzly
Muholland Madness
Zephyr
Orange Stinger
Sunwheel
Ride Grizzly
Ride Tower

May 5th!
Peter Pan
Snow White
Jungle Cruise
Pinocchio
Tiki Room
Storyland boats.

This ride attack plan was made with heavy influence from the Unofficial Bob Shelinger(sp) guide to disneyland and the excellent suggestions from this site.
I’d welcome any suggestions on fine tuning my ride schedules.

Samson: AKA Disney Commando #00517342

SoCalDude
04-19-2005, 08:56 PM
Monday May 2nd
Indiana
Splash (hope it’s up)
Get fast pass for Winnie the pooh
Pirates
Haunted mansion
It’s a small world
Rid Winnie the pooh using FP

This is what I would do (and have done):

Take the train to NOS (this is the closest stop to that area of the park)
Splash
Pooh
Get fastpasses for Indy (or just ride it since you are there or do both lol)
Pirates
Haunted Mansion
Indy
Small World

Really the Splash and Indy part are interchangable, but Splash does get longer lines and does run out of fastpasses quicker than Indy does.

bassett1976
04-19-2005, 09:18 PM
I don't think Pooh has a FP anymore. Besides, you don't want to waist a FP on it anyways. The line is usually really small. If it has more than 10 people waiting in line, find something else.

I would recommend getting a FP for either Buzz or Splash or Indy.

Also, any day that you enter DL early, go on all the Fantasyland rides you like. The fifth of May might be a little hectic so this may go out the window. My wife and I have gone in at park opening and gotten on Peter first (since it's the longest line later in the day). Then go for Alice, Casey and even Storybook. Then you can go back for Toad, Snow White and Pinochio. If you are lucky, you could possibly do all of these within the first hour of park opening. Then have the rest of the day to explore the rest of the park and use FP.

Pureevents
04-19-2005, 09:43 PM
"This is what I would do (and have done):

Take the train to NOS (this is the closest stop to that area of the park)
Splash
Pooh
Get fastpasses for Indy (or just ride it since you are there or do both lol)
Pirates
Haunted Mansion
Indy
Small World"

The only reason I made splash second was that I didn't want to get soaked first thing in the morning. Now second thing, that's a different story :)
Why take the train to NOS do you think this is quicker than walking? I'm a quick walker.
Also I kept meaning to tell you that you've got the coolest picture . Is that little girl yours? She is adorable!

SoCalDude
04-19-2005, 10:13 PM
The only reason I made splash second was that I didn't want to get soaked first thing in the morning. Now second thing, that's a different story :)
Why take the train to NOS do you think this is quicker than walking? I'm a quick walker.
Also I kept meaning to tell you that you've got the coolest picture . Is that little girl yours? She is adorable!

If not splash first thing I would get the fastpasses for it first. Then head over to Indy and work your way back to Splash and Pooh (Indy, Pirates then HM then Pooh/Splash). The fastpasses for Splash run out rather quick even on slow days - keep that in mind. The line for Pooh really does not get that long so I do not think you have anything to worry about there.

The reason we take the train over is really because of our kids (yes that is my daughter in my avatar, thanks for the compliment :D ). It SEEMS quicker for us, maybe that is because we have kids in tow. But I also like not having to weave my way in and out of the crowds (again maybe this is because of the kids). But it is just a quick little trip from Main St to NOS.

And on the 5th from what I understand they are having the unveiling of the Castle first thing in the AM, so keep an eye out for that. And if that goes n I am sure the rides jsut behind the Castle will be PACKED - and all the rides (well not the JC) you listed on the 5th falls into what I would geuss would be the most impacted most.

Pureevents
04-20-2005, 06:10 PM
If not splash first thing I would get the fastpasses for it first. Then head over to Indy and work your way back to Splash and Pooh (Indy, Pirates then HM then Pooh/Splash). The fastpasses for Splash run out rather quick even on slow days - keep that in mind. The line for Pooh really does not get that long so I do not think you have anything to worry about there.

And on the 5th from what I understand they are having the unveiling of the Castle first thing in the AM, so keep an eye out for that. And if that goes n I am sure the rides jsut behind the Castle will be PACKED - and all the rides (well not the JC) you listed on the 5th falls into what I would geuss would be the most impacted most.

You know I never thought about the proximity to the castle in the rides schedule, I think I may have to make a few changes. I think I'll take your suggestions on the grabbing a fast pass for splash instead of pooh as well, thanks

Disneynerd
04-20-2005, 07:39 PM
I have to be honest, I'm not happy with your plans - eek! Sorry! Pooh has no FP. I love your idea of doing Indy first. I don't like your idea of choosing to stand in line for Splash. And I HOPE you are not considering catching up with your GF in line after grabbing a FP and cutting in front of others. Also, if you're up for the long haul, you can squeeze much more into your days! Also, as a general rule never wait in line unless you have a FP for something else. Here's my humble opinions.......

Monday May 2nd
Get FP for Splash
Winnie the Pooh
Haunted mansion
Pirates
(sit and eat a churro or ride Mark Twain)
Use FP for Splash
Get FP for Indiana
Small World
Matterhorn
Ride Indy
Get FP for BTMRR
Ride all those silly Fantasy Land rides with short lines
Peter Pan
Alice
Use FP for BTMRR
Get FP for Roger Rabbit
Tea cups
Ride fantasy land rides you missed
Tiki Room
Roger Rabbit

May 3rd
Get FP for Buzz and have a "no-schedule" stroll around the park and ride whatever pops out at you!

May 4th at DCA
Get FP for Soarin
California Screaming
Sun Wheel
Ride Soarin
Get Fast pass for tower
Muholland Madness
Zephyr
Orange Stinger
Ride Tower
Get FP for Grizzly
ride screamin' again or have some wine and watch the people go by
Ride Grizzly

May 5th
FREE DAY! No plans, ride what you may have missed the first day, tool around TS island

The old man
04-20-2005, 07:46 PM
Monday May 2nd
Get FP for Splash
Winnie the Pooh
Haunted mansion
Pirates
Use FP for Splash
Get FP for Indiana
Small World
Matterhorn
Ride Indy
Get FP for BTMRR
Peter Pan
Alice
Use FP for BTMRR
Get FP for Roger Rabbit
Tea cups
Tiki Room
Roger Rabbit

Note on day one after you ride POTC get another FP for Indy to ride later. I like to keep getting FP's as the window opens up for rides that I will want to ride again.
David

DefyingGravity
04-20-2005, 08:48 PM
Just so you know, Roger Rabbit is a disconnected fastpass- meaning you get a Roger fastpass and still be holding another one at the same time. You might want to use this to your advantage.

Disney Vault
04-20-2005, 08:58 PM
Is this how most of you go to the parks? I just go and do whatever I want instead of having an agenda. But I guess this will help you be more effective and go on more rides. I just don't like things so scheduled because it takes some of the fun away from everything.

HorizonsA
04-20-2005, 09:05 PM
When you get there, I highly recommend that you immediately go to Splash Mountain. Trust me, the longer you wait to go on Splash Mountain, the longer the line will get and the more you will not want to go on it. If you arrive late, get a FastPass for Splash Mountain. Again, the more you wait, the later the FastPass times will get and before you know it, you won't be able to ride the attraction until late that night. I suggest that on the way to Splash Mountain, you stop and get a FastPass for Indiana Jones Adventure, the go to SM. If you get there early enough, Splash Mountain's wait time will be short compared to later in the day. After SM, you may hit Winnie the Pooh. It's usually a 5-10 minute wait, no worries and it won't be a waste of time. Keep in mind that you don't have to go to Indiana Jones during that one hour window. For some reason, they don't enforce that. So, with that note, you can easily hit The Haunted Mansion and Pirates of the Caribbean, with little wait times. Then, if you should choose, ride Indiana Jones. Since you're there, why not swing by The Enchanted Tiki Room, you can sit down and relax and plus it's a classic attraction. Then, I suggest going to Frontierland and riding Big Thunder Mountain Railroad. Since you're there for a few days, take your time. Take a cruise on the Mark Twain and/or Sailing Ship Columbia. Then you can mosy on over to Fantasyland and ride those little rides. They may be "kiddie" rides, (I disagree) but you's enjoy them. After those, take a ride on the Fantasyland side of the Matterhorn. "It's a Small World" should be next. I have no idea if you plan on doing ToonTown, but if you do, you shoukd do that after SW. Then, you head back towards the Matterhorn and ride the Tomorrowland side. By then you can go to Tomorrowland. Since it'll be later in the day, I suggest you get a FastPass for Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters, then go to Autopia while you wait for you appointment. You can also see Honey, I Shrunk the Audience and ride Star Tours. After Buzz, do whatever you want.

Pureevents
04-20-2005, 09:42 PM
I have to be honest, I'm not happy with your plans - eek! Sorry! Pooh has no FP. I love your idea of doing Indy first. I don't like your idea of choosing to stand in line for Splash. And I HOPE you are not considering catching up with your GF in line after grabbing a FP and cutting in front of others. Also, if you're up for the long haul, you can squeeze much more into your days! Also, as a general rule never wait in line unless you have a FP for something else. Here's my humble opinions.......

Monday May 2nd
Get FP for Splash
Winnie the Pooh
Haunted mansion
Pirates
Use FP for Splash
Get FP for Indiana
Small World
Matterhorn
Ride Indy
Get FP for BTMRR
Peter Pan
Alice
Use FP for BTMRR
Get FP for Roger Rabbit
Tea cups
Tiki Room
Roger Rabbit

WoW! When I asked for a critique from the community I never realized how many great answers I'd get. I can’t believe I put down that there was a pooh fast pass. What was I thinking? Thanks for the tip on not waiting in line unless I have another Fastpass counting down….I hadn’t really thought about that part.
Taking that into consideration here’s my new plans

May 2nd
Get Fast Pass Splash
Winnie the pooh
Haunted Mansion
Pirates
Get FP for Indy
Ride Splash
It’s a small world
Pinocchio
Ride Indy

May 3rd
USE EARLY ENTRY
Get fast pass for Buzz
Matterhorn
Snow White
Pinnochio
Get Fast pass for Big thunder
Alice
Mad tea party
Get fast pass for roger rabbit
Mr toad
Peter Pan
Ride Buzz
Ride Mark twain
Tom Sawyers island
Tarzan’s treehouse
Ride Roger Rabbit
Ride Big Thunder Mountain

May 5th!
Jungle Cruise
Storyland boats
Tiki Room

I didn't squeeze all the rides into the first day because I wanted to use May 4th as my early entry and hit it with more rides. Also May 5th I have to go on those specific rides because they're Refurb'd till then.
Thanks again for all the great suggestions....

Samson Disney Commando #00517342

evrythngwmn
04-21-2005, 12:00 AM
Disney's California Adventure does not have early entry and early entry is on Mon, Tues, Thurs and Sat.

Pureevents
04-21-2005, 10:15 AM
oops I meant use my early entry May 3rd at Disney, thanks for noticing.

SoCalDude
04-21-2005, 01:55 PM
-snip-
I can’t believe I put down that there was a pooh fast pass. What was I thinking?

-snip-

May 2nd
Get Fast Pass Splash
Winnie the pooh
Haunted Mansion
Pirates
Get FP for Indy
Ride Splash
It’s a small world
Pinocchio
Ride Indy

May 3rd
USE EARLY ENTRY
Get fast pass for Buzz
Matterhorn

-snip-

lol, Pooh had a FP do not feel that bed for putting it in ;)

And on the 3rd - you may want to move the get FP for indy up to after Pooh then go back to HM (it really is nott hat far, like maybe a 2 or 3 minute walk). I have seen Indy run out of FPs on a not-so-busy day.

And on the 3rd - get the Buzz FP and if the line is still short hop on! This will let you ride it again later with the FP. Then run on over to the Matterhorn and have FUN!

The old man
04-21-2005, 02:53 PM
Is this how most of you go to the parks? I just go and do whatever I want instead of having an agenda. But I guess this will help you be more effective and go on more rides. I just don't like things so scheduled because it takes some of the fun away from everything.
Please see my trip report entitle DLR Trip Report and look at Day 2 at DL. I can only go once a year for only one day at DL. I cannot afford the cost in time and money to just wander around and hope for the best. For example, SM did not have FP that day, if I had strolled over there around noon I would have had a 90+ minute wait (by afternoon it was a two hour wait). As we all know if you aren't in Fantasyland early the wait time for a one minute ride (Peter Pan, Mr Toad, etc.) can easily exceed one hour for each. The wait, without FP, for Indy was an hour plus all day.

So planning "takes some of the fun away from everything"? My fun ain't standing in lines. It's not only the lines but instead of riding 22 rides and experiencing Fantasmic the wander techinque would have easily cut that number in half.

Also note we had time for a 90 minute break back at the hotel, lunch & dinner at the park and shopping time.

David

maryxmas
04-21-2005, 04:06 PM

I don't have a preplanned agenda either. You really can't plan it that way because you can't forsee where the crowds will actually be. You can plan to ride Indy third but when you get there find there's no wait at Jungle Cruise, so you just gotta jump on board the boat first! You see, it's like cheerleaders preplanning the order of their cheers for a football game. You can't predict them because cheers are specific to each play.

You can have a loose plan of knowing the best times to ride something, like this... usually you can walk onto Pirates right before Fantasmic, come out and watch Fantasmic, then walk right onto the Mansion as soon as Fantasmics over. Boom! Three things done in 45 min. You just gotta do it right.

bradk
04-21-2005, 04:12 PM
eh.. you would think that, it's a good argument for free will, but if free will truly existed, there'd be no such thing as the bell curve.

statistically, it's very possible to determine where lines will be and when. things really don't change all that much.

common sense combined with some knowledge does give you an edge, but that doesn't mean a carefully (or automatically) planned agenda can't give you an edge either.