PDA

View Full Version : DLH Wine Bar

mkcbunny
04-19-2005, 07:18 PM
I have tried searching for threads covering the wine bar at the DLH, but most of the info that comes up is related to the restaurant [we already have rezzies at Napa Rose, so dining isn't the issue at hand], and the search words are too common to really find out anything specific about the bar. So I have a few questions, and I apologize if this is the millionth thread on the subject.

1) It is the DLH that has the wine bar, correct?
2) Is it worth the trek down there from the other end of DD? We will be down at the HoJo's and have little other reason to head way down to the opposite end of the strip without a specific destination.
3) Is it fancy? Do we have to change out of our park clothes to go down there if we are only going to the wine bar and not dinner?
4) I'd love other recommendations for places where an adult couple can have a peaceful glass of wine or cocktail without leaving DLR. We do know about the lounge at the GC/Napa Rose area and the DCA winery. Looking for things outside the park borders but within the resort area [or HoJo's walking distance].

Thanks, as always. And cheers to you all. :D

Deogge's Mom
04-19-2005, 08:43 PM
I think you're thinking about The Wine Cellar. I never actually been there but it looks very quiet and nice. Darkbeer and I usually wind up at The Lost Bar, which is right outside of The Wine Cellar. Right over The Wine Cellar is an excellent restaurant, Hook's Pointe. A little expensive, but very good food.

It is worth walking to the DLH just for that area. Also over there is Goofy's Kitchen and Granville's Steakhouse. There is also a small bar, The Top Brass, in between Goofy's and Granville's.

No need to change out of the park clothes if your going to The Lost Bar or The Wine Cellar. I would change into something a little nicer for Hooke's Pointe or Granville's.

CoasterChickie
04-19-2005, 08:46 PM
Do you mean the wine cellar? If so, it is right underneath Hook's Pointe. You can get all knds of wine there but no other types of alcoholic beverages. You can also order appetiaers from their menu , but you can also order from Hook's Pointe or bring in snacks from the Crocodile Bits place. The atmosphere is nice and fairly quiet (at least it was the night I stepped inside to check it out) I don't think you have to dress up to go there unless you want to!! :)

PS Oh how funny..Deogge'smom and I must have been typing at the same time and posted almost the exact same things!!! Brilliant minds!!! :D

mkcbunny
04-19-2005, 08:59 PM
Thanks to you both! Yes, that is the location I meant.

It's good to know you can order appetizers at the Wine Cellar. May need food, too. Sometime we will probably try HP, but we can only do one expensive meal per trip. [Unless we win the lottery tomorrow, in which case, a lot of details will change!]

So what's the Lost Bar like?

CoasterChickie
04-19-2005, 09:13 PM
Darkbeer or Deogge'smom really and truly should be the ones to answer that question!! :D

mkcbunny
04-19-2005, 10:41 PM
Darkbeer or Deogge'smom really and truly should be the ones to answer that question!! :D

That is true of so many things, it seems. What would we do without them?!