PDA

View Full Version : Best hotel within walking distance?

poohlover
04-19-2005, 06:25 PM
We are looking at Carousel, BW Park Place, Tropicana right across the street (apparently) or Candy Cane (a little bit further). It will be my husband and I plus our two teenage daughters. Doesn't have to be huge or fancy, but CLEAN and comfortable. Carousel definitely has the best price.

We are going Oct 11-16...weather will be GREAT, right? Not terribly hot but still very nice?? Not desparately crowded (this is Wed-Sun).

Thanks for your input!

:~D

goodbunny
04-19-2005, 06:51 PM
Out of the hotels you've listed, I can only speak to the Candy Cane Inn... it definitely fits the criteria you listed. It is clean, within easy walking distance of the parks, and the accomodations have a bit more charm than many of the other hotels I've stayed at in Anaheim. Two perks that I appreciate: a decent continental breakfast (with cereal, bagels, fruit, muffins, and a good selection of beverages) and a dedicated hotel shuttle (unlike most of the hotels, which share the ART).

Jeremiah
04-19-2005, 07:45 PM
Go with the resort hotels....they are doing specials during the summer so check out the prices on those first. But if not I always like the BW.

J

GrumpyUTboi
04-19-2005, 08:22 PM
Tropicana in 2003, 2004, 2005 and to infinity and beyond. Nice pool, nice rooms, noce continental breakfast. We almost decided to stay at GCH but then we would have to buy breakfast instead of getting it with the price of the hotel. :fez:

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
04-19-2005, 09:55 PM
We like HoJos, stayed there our 3rd time in March. Within walking distance, I believe they say an 8 minute walk.

Darkbeer
04-19-2005, 10:19 PM
The HoJo's is about the same distance away as the Candy Cane Inn from the Main Entry Plaza... which happens to be the same distance as the PPH is from the Main Entry Plaza.

Dream Again
04-20-2005, 09:52 AM
Stayed at all but Tropicana.

Favorites:
1. Candy Cane- Rooms aren't huge, but they are cute and clean. Pretty landscaping.

2. Carousel- My first DL hotel trip :). Clean and comfortable, nuttin special.

3. BWPP- Didn't like it much. It was confusing getting out of the room (but I am rather...er...spacy, so that was to be expected.) The rooms are pretty dark and the parking lot is wierd to get in and out of.

Pirate Princess
04-20-2005, 07:56 PM
If your main priority is saving $$$ go with Carousel!
Great prices. Nice clean rooms. Lite breakfast is included. SHORT walk to maingate. Plus save money by utilizing the in-room microwave, refrig, and coffee maker. The staff is ultra-friendly too!

Emma
04-20-2005, 08:18 PM
Be advised that the pool at the Carousel really sucks. It is tiny and it has no hot tub.

The rooms themselves are clean and comfortable though.

--Emma

sjcivilady
04-21-2005, 11:30 AM
If your main priority is saving $$$ go with Carousel!
Great prices. Nice clean rooms. Lite breakfast is included. SHORT walk to maingate. Plus save money by utilizing the in-room microwave, refrig, and coffee maker. The staff is ultra-friendly too!
I second this - stayed there 1st of March and were very pleased. Don't have to worry about catching a shuttle--the walk is very short. Enjoyed the breakfast room - it has big windows that let you overlook the park while enjoying breakfast (although go the first hour, tables get crowded). I would definitely stay at the Carousel again.

hefferdude
04-21-2005, 11:45 AM
If you don't mind a ten minute walk - go with what we know - go Hojo !

Another very good one ( and with its own shuttle ) CANDY CANE !! :)

After thought - check the reviews, they're pretty good. :cool:

Dream Again
04-21-2005, 01:37 PM
Be advised that the pool at the Carousel really sucks. It is tiny and it has no hot tub.

The rooms themselves are clean and comfortable though.

--Emma

It's also on the roof, so if you're afraid of heights but love pools, perhaps you should skip this.

tod
04-21-2005, 02:18 PM
Can't beat the Park Place for convenience. It is right there, baby, directly across Harbor Boulevard from the pedestrian entrance.

--t

stitchlvr
04-21-2005, 03:57 PM
Can't beat the Park Place for convenience. It is right there, baby, directly across Harbor Boulevard from the pedestrian entrance.

--t
So true! We stayed there in February and had a good experience there. This hasn't been true of all the motels we've tried along that strip. I would definitely stay at BWPPI again.

pisces
04-21-2005, 06:03 PM
I suspected the Park Place was the closest.

It's absolutely right there.

I've got Park Place on my mind, just in case I run out of money, and need a cheaper alternative to GC, next trip. Perish the thought.

It would be quite a comedown, should I go bankrupt. But, nevertheless, I would want the absolutely, positively closest place to the Maingate.