PDA

View Full Version : Jealous

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
04-19-2005, 12:16 PM
We got our WDW vacation planning DVD in the mail and my kids have watched it several times. They love it.
While I know WDW is bigger than DLR, I have been there one time when I was about 12, I am jealous about all the new stuff THEY are getting at WDW for Disneyland's 50th birthday! It doesn't seem fair. All we get is Buzz and a redone Space Mountain.
But, it is making me want to plan our WDW trip earlier than planned. I was thinking late 2006, just so I can see all their 50th celebration!
I guess when WDW turns 50 DLR will get a ton of new things, right? WRONG!

ima_mickeyfan
04-19-2005, 01:19 PM
It doesn't seem fair. it's like telling my oldest, sorry honey it's your birthday, but your little brother is getting all the gifts! what's up with that? I think alot of it has to do with Disneyland being such a small park, but that is no excuse for DL not to have every ride up and running with out refurbishment during the celebration, not to mention the new logs on SP that can't even be used to the full potential because they jam up, who was the tard that thought of burning or disposing the old logs before they were absolutly sure that the new ones were going to be perfect for the ride? personally I like the old ones better! JMO!
the only thing we can do is keep our fingers crossed and see what DL gets for WDW's birthday.

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
04-19-2005, 01:34 PM
I agree. On the video it shows a program with all the princesses, I believe it is from Tokyo DL, couldn't they have brought that to DL?

itig
04-19-2005, 01:48 PM
Do you have a quick list of the new things at WDW? Just curious so I can be jealous too :)

TP2000
04-19-2005, 02:01 PM
Magic Kingdom Park gets;
-Cinderellabration (already open and getting very tepid reviews as it's considerably budget cutted from it's original, bigger Tokyo version)
-Castle overlay with gold decorations

Epcot Center gets;
-Soarin' at The Land pavilion (getting good reviews from East Coast preview audiences)
-Hong Kong Disneyland Preview Center at the China pavilion (interesting, but small exhibit)

MGM Studios gets;
-Auto stunt show from Disneyland Paris (already open, getting good reviews, and almost a direct lift from the Paris version)

Animal Kingdom gets;
-Expedition Everest E Ticket roller coaster (still under construction, opens Spring 2006, looks very promising)

On the other hand, during the same time period, Disneyland Resort will get

Disneyland Park gets;
-Walt Disney's Parade of Dreams
-Remember.... Dreams Come True fireworks
-Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters
-Space Mountain version 2.0
-Disneyland history exhibit and new film with Steve Martin and Donald Duck in the Main Street Opera House

DCA gets;
-Block Party Bash
-Monsters Inc. dark ride (under construction, to be annonced May 5th and open in early 2006)

While the marketing department definitely hijacked Disneyland's 50th and sent a bunch of the hype out to the Florida swamps, Disneyland isn't exactly getting the shaft in comparison. And we've had Soarin' for four years anyway.

ima_mickeyfan
04-19-2005, 02:18 PM
:p your right, but it's our birthday not theirs! lol :~D

Rouxe1688
04-19-2005, 02:37 PM
don't forget DL is getting a new ride in the lagoon - wdw doesn't even have their lagoon anymore.

jennia
04-19-2005, 03:20 PM
I read an article online (my apologies that I don't remember which site) that theorized WDW is getting these new attractions to help it spring back from 9/11 and because Disney owns so many hotel properties at WDW that it is very important to Disney that the properties be kept full of guests. I'm a relatively new Disney geek but that all sounded plausible to me.

I'm still excited to see what suprises we'll find at our 50th celebration!!!

Animalia
04-19-2005, 06:10 PM
This is a little off topic but I'm curious MommyTo2Boys. How long did it take for the DVD to arrive. Back in 2003 I was planning a trip to WDW and ordered one through the website but it never arrived. This year I sent an order card torn out of a Disney Magazine the week of Valentine's and so far there's no sign of it.
Thanks

SoCalDude
04-19-2005, 07:20 PM
-snip-

-Walt Disney's Parade of Dreams
-Remember.... Dreams Come True fireworks

For the life of me I can not see these as having a big "wheee" feature. I mean - a parade at DL is a given during the summertime. The same can be said for fireworks. I do not really see these as "special" - nice, but not special.

And I still hope they forget about the castle overlay :eek: But really - I do not see this as "e-ticket special".

mkcbunny
04-19-2005, 07:24 PM
WDW needs all the extras because DL [and especially Fantasyland] is better. :) Did I say that? Why, yes. Yes I did.

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
04-19-2005, 09:36 PM
I ordered my DVD online and it came within 2 weeks. I would reorder if you haven't gotten it.

WDW is getting a parade and fireworks, so mark those off the list of Disneyland exclusive extras. And while we do have a list of things we are getting the "E" ticket factor on them is low. Still very cool but low.

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
04-19-2005, 09:56 PM
This is a little off topic but I'm curious MommyTo2Boys. How long did it take for the DVD to arrive. Back in 2003 I was planning a trip to WDW and ordered one through the website but it never arrived. This year I sent an order card torn out of a Disney Magazine the week of Valentine's and so far there's no sign of it.
Thanks

Here is the website that you can order one from:
https://secure.disney.go.com/wdw/myVacation/vpk?id=VPKPage&sourcecode=9967&CMP=BAC-AFA1001

Animalia
04-20-2005, 05:01 AM
Here is the website that you can order one from:
https://secure.disney.go.com/wdw/myVacation/vpk?id=VPKPage&sourcecode=9967&CMP=BAC-AFA1001

Thank you. I'll give that a try. :)

Wfoxx
04-20-2005, 05:54 AM
You can blame previous management for the lack of new attractions for the 50th. Paul Pressler and Cynthia Harris did nothing but, cut funding for attractions and add shopping space. It's really a shame. When Jay & Matt took over Disneyland it was too late to really plan a cool 50th party. Maybe they can do something special for DL 55th birthday.