PDA

View Full Version : 2 days at Disneyland - best plan of action?

atalmi
04-19-2005, 08:03 AM
Hi all. We will be driving down to DL tomorrow evening and going to the parks early on Thu and Fri. We usually go for a week at a time, but this is one of those last minute deals... a surprise for the kids (8, 5, 2). What would be your ideal plan for 2 days at DL and CA? I don't want to run the kids ragged, but I'd also like to hit lots of rides and avoid some of the longer lines late in the day.. All comments appreciated.

MsYumiBr
04-19-2005, 08:19 AM
We usually go to DL the first day, CA the next morning and DL for the rest of the day. DH usually messes up any sort of planning that I may have spent literally hours putting together so we end up doing the "let's go here next" thing using my plan as a "not to miss" thing. We start from Adventureland and work clockwise around the park. Kids are bigger now so no need for Fantasyland anymore and only parts of Toontown is appealing to them. However, when they were smaller, we spent most of the time there and were zonked by 2:00, would take in a show or go back to the hotel and nap, then back to the lines. With this plan, you aren't tied to a schedule and able to take in that second ride on California Screamin' and TOT. Don't forget the kid swap thing! Thats very important with a 2 year old. I hope this helps.

atalmi
04-19-2005, 08:25 AM
Thanks MsYumiBr...

That was sort of my plan.. hit DL all day Thu, CA Fri morning, break for a couple of hours, and then back to DL for the afternoon/evening activities.
Only thing for sure is to hit the Horseshoe for lunch on Thu and catch the show.. I don't know why, but the whole family loves it (me inlcuded) :)

MsYumiBr
04-19-2005, 08:38 AM
Thanks MsYumiBr...

That was sort of my plan.. hit DL all day Thu, CA Fri morning, break for a couple of hours, and then back to DL for the afternoon/evening activities.
Only thing for sure is to hit the Horseshoe for lunch on Thu and catch the show.. I don't know why, but the whole family loves it (me inlcuded) :)

Horseshoe for lunch was usually my little one's nap time when we had APs and would hit the park on my days off work. It works great, but she was, and still is, a heavy sleeper.