PDA

View Full Version : How much rain does it take? (Closing down rides)

mickeynminnie
04-18-2005, 11:35 AM
To close down rides like Mad Tea Party? It looks like there will be showers this weekend, and I wanted to get a gauge on how heavy the rain has to be to start closing down rides. :confused:

sdfilmcritic
04-18-2005, 11:36 AM
Tea Cups and Alice in Wonderland are the first to be close down during a rain. They might be one of the few, if not the only ones, to be closed down during a rain. A light drizzle will keep them open, but it has to be a consistent rain to close them down.

Leash81
04-18-2005, 12:12 PM
That's good to know I was going to ask the same question. We will be there this weekend and are brining some "newbies" with us and I want to make sure they have a good trip.

splashmtngurl
04-18-2005, 03:54 PM
does IASW close when its raining?

bradk
04-18-2005, 04:00 PM
not usually. the mad tea party closes first because the surface becomes too slippery. i don't recall why alice closes down, but most rides are kept open until the weather brings safety into question.

fantasmic will also not be performed during rain or like conditions.

DisneyDustin22
04-18-2005, 04:15 PM
alice closes because of the outdoor section of track that brings you back down to ground level from the show building.

sediment
04-18-2005, 04:57 PM
Only a few rides close in the rain. See #11 for a small list.

greenman
04-18-2005, 05:09 PM
tea cups close when you can see foot prints on the ground in the rain. if that makes any sense. it is hard to picture, but when you see it, you know. alice will close shortly after if it keeps raining. that is left up to a lead. i hope that helps.

sdfilmcritic
04-18-2005, 05:13 PM
i don't recall why alice closes down...Well, any electrician would tell you that an exposed electrical track that powers an elecrtically motivated vehicle will need to be turned off it is exposed to water.

tinkluver
04-18-2005, 05:13 PM
fantasmic will also not be performed during rain or like conditions.

When we went last year (or maybe it was the year before)- I remember standing in the rain watching F! And it was the whole show...

SilverStyle
04-18-2005, 08:23 PM
Well, any electrician would tell you that an exposed electrical track that powers an elecrtically motivated vehicle will need to be turned off it is exposed to water.

True, however over at DCA heimlich chew chew train doesnt close for rain. (I wish)

sdfilmcritic
04-19-2005, 03:20 AM
True, however over at DCA heimlich chew chew train doesnt close for rain. (I wish)I was wishing DCA itself would close when it's raining. :eek: Did that slip out of my mouth?

tinkluver
04-19-2005, 03:36 PM
The Electircal Parade doesn't run when it's raining (for obvious reasons) :)

Disney Vault
04-19-2005, 03:38 PM
The Electircal Parade doesn't run when it's raining (for obvious reasons) :)
I have never thought about that but it is pretty funny. Can you imagine.

Hawaiian Cinderella
04-19-2005, 06:15 PM
I was wishing DCA itself would close when it's raining. :eek: Did that slip out of my mouth?

When we were there last month my daughter got to take advantage of the lack of a line in the rain and ride California Screamin' 11 times in a row. That night they cancelled the ELP and Fantasmic and my cousin who is a CM said that they cancel Snow White when it rains.

SilverStyle
04-19-2005, 07:10 PM
I was wishing DCA itself would close when it's raining. :eek: Did that slip out of my mouth?

How I wish this would happen, when the heavy rains were down here. They had to cancel 2 Aladdin shows due to lack of attendance. We thought they would have closed the park early, but upper management said no. :crying:

GrimmGreen
04-20-2005, 02:07 PM
i'm sure this wont help much... but i'll share about the rain...

i was in the land in Jan

and it was raining like CRAZY , rivers down mainstreet type rain , everything stayed open , including cali screamin and big thunder... good times

sdfilmcritic
04-20-2005, 02:09 PM
I love going to the park when it rains because the crowds thin out a bit. The terrible part is getting your feet soaked in the puddles and then having to crank the car heater on at the end of the day just to get them to dry off.

Leash81
04-20-2005, 04:42 PM
I love going to the park when it rains because the crowds thin out a bit. The terrible part is getting your feet soaked in the puddles and then having to crank the car heater on at the end of the day just to get them to dry off.

I totally agree, it's like people are scared of getting a little wet. To solve the wet feet I have a great pair of Nike sandals that I will be wearing this weekend so my feet won't squish around in tennis shoes all day.

GrimmGreen
04-20-2005, 05:18 PM
where did you get that DLR count-down-o-meeter... i want one...

Hawaiian Cinderella
04-20-2005, 05:37 PM
where did you get that DLR count-down-o-meeter... i want one...
http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?p=534200#post534200