PDA

View Full Version : We'll be there on the 5th... will you?

Doodle Duck
04-18-2005, 10:08 AM
Have no idea how the parking structure will handle the morning mob or what time they'll open it but we're planning on being there. Who else from MP is a must 'be there'? :fez:

Doug & Lori

SCUBAbe
04-18-2005, 10:18 AM
only if I win a contest and don't have a new job by then...:)

ksejr1
04-18-2005, 10:18 AM
I of course will be there nice and early. :D

stan4d_steph
04-18-2005, 10:23 AM
Here's another thread from a while ago with some people who will be there: http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?t=39437

charpaul
04-18-2005, 10:41 AM
I will be one of the hoards there on the 5th - got a hotel room for the 4th so I can be there nice and early - LOL

CrazyTrain
04-18-2005, 10:51 AM
I am now thinking about using a floating holiday (or trade day, if I can) to go. Aurgh, darn you, lure of Disney and not wanting to miss anything!

cstephens
04-18-2005, 11:49 AM
Have no idea how the parking structure will handle the morning mob or what time they'll open it but we're planning on being there. Who else from MP is a must 'be there'? :fez:

Doug & Lori

Please say hi to anyone you think might be me! :)

jennia
04-18-2005, 12:06 PM
Minor hijack here, is this a big enough deal that I *ought* to pull DS out of school for the day and go? Is this one of those once-in-a-lifetime opportunities that he'll remember forever? (DS will be 11 in May.) I remember my parents took us down to El Toro when Nixon landed after his impeachment. Disneyland's 50th would be a lot more fun than El Toro! :D

MsYumiBr
04-18-2005, 12:09 PM
Minor hijack here, is this a big enough deal that I *ought* to pull DS out of school for the day and go? Is this one of those once-in-a-lifetime opportunities that he'll remember forever? (DS will be 11 in May.) I remember my parents took us down to El Toro when Nixon landed after his impeachment. Disneyland's 50th would be a lot more fun than El Toro! :D

A letter went out to our schools just a week or so ago regarding taking kids out of school to go to Disneyland (specifically mentioned in the letter) seriously impacts funding for the schools, etc., etc. especially the high school (most kids out doing this). So, I'm not sure we can get away with this one. :(

jennia
04-18-2005, 12:16 PM
It would be an unexcused absence- I won't lie and say he's sick. That's why I haven't been planning on going. I've been planning to go around that time like maybe May 6 after he gets out of school and we drive down there or Sunday AM early. However, ya'll are tempting me with all this talk about the 05-05-05 date!! :D

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
04-18-2005, 01:37 PM
I will be there the 5th and 6th

justlittleoldme
04-18-2005, 01:56 PM
I am going May 5th. I must be a horrid parent, but I don't think its any big deal to pull my kid out of school to spend a day at disneyland. I tell them they are sick. The school could care less, they just want the $$$$.

Photographer
04-18-2005, 02:13 PM
I'll be there with 3 friends, bright and early.

jennia
04-18-2005, 02:30 PM
I must be a horrid parent, but I don't think its any big deal to pull my kid out of school to spend a day at disneyland.

I don't think you are a horrid parent. It is just always *my* luck that if I would tell the school that DS was sick that DS would TELL everyone that he was at Disneyland! :D I've got that Murphy's Law vibe going on at my house!!!

SCUBAbe
04-18-2005, 02:33 PM
I am going May 5th. I must be a horrid parent, but I don't think its any big deal to pull my kid out of school to spend a day at disneyland. I tell them they are sick. The school could care less, they just want the $$$$.

I do the same thing as long as her grades are good..:)