PDA

View Full Version : Weekend before the celebration starts?

ppmuse
04-18-2005, 08:21 AM
Has anybody heard if it's going to be busy the weekend before May 5th? We want to go again before it gets too busy and we were thinking maybe nobody will be there that weekend, so we can have a nice relaxing trip. Maybe the prices for hotels will go down too? If anybody knows, can you please respond, thanks

evrythngwmn
04-18-2005, 08:27 AM
It has been sporadically busy since the holidays. This was the busiest spring break period I have ever seen. I told my manager if this is any indication of what's in store for the 50th we're in trouble.

bradk
04-18-2005, 08:30 AM
weekends are pretty much always busy pending weather.

even if it's the weekend before the 5th, it's the locals that are creating weekend traffic, not tourists, so you can count on them to visit weekend after weekend except if their APs are blocked. if anything, the weekend will be busier from locals who want to get a DLR fix in and avoid the post 5/5 rush.

slanders
04-18-2005, 09:22 AM
I hope it isn't too busy since that is when we will be there, lol. We are coming from Alberta, Canada and plan on being at the park the Friday, Sunday and Monday before the 5th. I hope it isnt' too crazy since this is my families first time there.

Have fun.

Sonja

sediment
04-18-2005, 09:54 AM
I project: the weekend will be busy. Not mid-summer busy, but surely not off-season not-busy.

bradk
04-18-2005, 09:55 AM
so to be more specific, on a scale from busy to busy, you say busy.

DangerMouse
04-18-2005, 10:27 AM
you can just do what I plan on doing next week:

plan for the worst (aka "Ridemax") and hope for the best. ;)

charpaul
04-18-2005, 10:47 AM
Also remember that the last weekend of April is the final days of the 2fer!!
If they have any time left on there 2fer passes they will be able to use them up that weekend.

sediment
04-18-2005, 10:59 AM
Also remember that the last weekend of April is the final days of the 2fer!!
If they have any time left on there 2fer passes they will be able to use them up that weekend.
I think they're only good until Apr 29. Right before the weekend. Maybe it's the 30th.

mkcbunny
04-18-2005, 11:06 AM
Thursday the 28th is also the last day to start using the Adults Play at Kids' Price discount tickets. So there are bound to be some people pushing the outside of that envelope with a multi-day pass through the weekend.

kimbopotamus
04-18-2005, 12:10 PM
"Thursday the 28th is also the last day to start using the Adults Play at Kids' Price discount tickets. So there are bound to be some people pushing the outside of that envelope with a multi-day pass through the weekend."

Yep, that'd be me!! :D :p

MartyLuvsTigger
04-18-2005, 12:12 PM
I am going to be there 4/29! :)

We are going to hope from d-land to DCA. My parents have never been to DCA so we will be spending most of the time there. I can't be bummed because we are having lunch at Club 33!!!!

:D