PDA

View Full Version : Plaza Inn? (a question about the parades)

yellowrosedtxn
04-18-2005, 04:45 AM
I am fixing to make my reservations for our Character meals and things like that, I can't remember though, is the Plaza Inn the place to eat outside during the summer to watch the parades? Also, if that is the case, what time should I make the reservation for? This is what I have planned so far:

Goofy's Kitchen (dinner) 22 Jun
Ariel's Grotto (lunch) 23 Jun
Princess Breakfast (breakfast) 24 Jun
Chip N Dale (breakfast) 27 Jun
Lilo N Stitch (breakfast) 29 Jun
Blue Bayou (dinner?) 1 Jul

Thanks for your help!!!!

MammaSilva
04-18-2005, 05:17 AM
While I like the food at the Plaza, even outside you won't have a great view of anything. They have shrubs set along the outside of the outside area but even above that the crowds lining the sidewalks would block the view for more than just the "tops" of the assorted floats. You wouldn't see the cast that are on the street level at all.

04-18-2005, 05:22 AM
Personally, I'd change that Blue Bayou reservation to lunch. The prices are lower but the food is much the same and the experience is exactly the same.

yellowrosedtxn
04-18-2005, 05:33 AM
Ok, we can do Blue Bayou at lunch time, that isn't a problem. I was trying to remember who sat at some restaurant and watched the parade from there. I just can't remember who or what restaurant. Not like I can't spend time waiting outside, but I thought it would be cool to sit down and eat while we watched.

Rhiannon8404
04-18-2005, 06:11 AM
I was trying to remember who sat at some restaurant and watched the parade from there. I just can't remember who or what restaurant.

I don't know if you mean us, but DH and I watched the MSEP while having dinner from the Vineyard Room in DCA. You can also see if from the Tratoria. We booked a 7:30 seating.

yellowrosedtxn
04-18-2005, 06:28 AM
That could be it. I just thought someone had said something about the Plaza Inn as well. Sitting outside and watching.... I know people, but I wasn't sure if it included a parade. Thanks for the information though, I am so excited to be able to make my priority seating arrangements today!!!

stan4d_steph
04-18-2005, 06:46 AM
I believe someone stated that you can see the parade from Carnation Cafe. I've never done it, but the seating is outdoors and the food is good.

MammaSilva
04-18-2005, 06:49 AM
Steph, the problem there is the same as the Plaza, while the food is excellent, the view sucks because of people...if it were just the folks sitting on the curb it wouldn't be a problem but there are always those guests walking to/from on the sidewalk that block the view :( the only GOOD place to Sit and watch the parades is that lovely Porch bench that I never manage to find empty when we go ...other than that it's the curb for the best views of any of the street parades :(

Edited to add...now we HAVE sat on the 'upper' terraced area by Coke corner and you could see the parade 'somewhat' better than either from Coke corner or Carnation or Plaza but still not a great one .....

hlbtimes2
04-18-2005, 07:50 AM
We like to watch the fire works from the plaza. If you get a good table you can see the castle and fire works really well.

sunfun94
04-18-2005, 07:53 AM
thats an interesting idea for the fireworks! I cant belive in all the times we have gone in my liftetime, we have never thought of that! lol... :)

yellowrosedtxn
04-18-2005, 07:54 AM
The Plaza? Meaning the Plaza Inn? Help, I am really stupid with all of this stuff.

sunfun94
04-18-2005, 07:55 AM
exactly! :)

hlbtimes2
04-18-2005, 07:58 AM
The Plaza? Meaning the Plaza Inn? Help, I am really stupid with all of this stuff.

Yes, the Plaza Inn. We had a late dinner, then hung around and watched the fire works from our table. It was perfect.

yellowrosedtxn
04-18-2005, 08:02 AM
Cool, then maybe we will change our Blue Bayou from dinner to lunch for another day; and then we can do The Plaza Inn on Friday night and hope we get a good table. That will be our last night there. And my middle daughter's birthday is the 6th, which we won't be there, but maybe I can get her a bucket there and "celebrate" her birthday with the family. Of course I will get my other two buckets so they don't feel left out.... but that sounds like a wonderful thing to do for our last night there.

THANKS for EVERYTHING on this board!!! You guys and gals are soooo wonderful!!!!

sunfun94
04-18-2005, 08:08 AM
Awww, thanks! I hope you and your family have a wonderful time!

** heres a question, what about from the other side of the Plaza Inn?? Do you think the view would be just as good?

evrythngwmn
04-18-2005, 08:39 AM
I think the best spot for parade watching is from town square, especially when watching a parade with show stops. We watched the Lion King parade repeatedly from there and it's the one spot where you got the full circle effect of all the floats during the show stop. The new Parade of Dreams will have show stops.

As for celebrating a birthday you should inquire about the with Disneyland dining about the "My Disneyland Birthday". It takes place at Plaza Inn and costs about $10 per person and each person gets their own cake to decorate and punch in a Mickey cup that they get to keep.

yellowrosedtxn
04-18-2005, 08:43 AM
I'll look into that then... doing the parade at the townsquare and then doing a birthday celebration at the Plaza Inn with the $10.00 per person thing. Thanks!