PDA

View Full Version : Job Time !!!! HELP !!!!

Believe
01-13-2002, 01:08 AM
Hey,

Whats happening with Jobs at Disneyland cause i really want one but i've heard that they only hire Americans and since i'm Australian, do i have any chances or should i not worry and go to Knotts or something ?

I have had Disney and Theme Park job exp.

Worked at The Disney Store in Sydney for 2 years and Wonderland Sydney (Theme Park) for 1 year doing Shows & Attractions.

I want to do Shows & Attractions at Disneyland.

Any CM's give me any inside help or something ?

Thanks heaps,
:D

Morrigoon
01-13-2002, 01:52 AM
If you've already done work for disney, and have a visa allowing you to work in the US, you shouldn't have a problem, as far as I know.

socabch
01-13-2002, 07:20 AM
Go to this site and get the tips & Tricks for Disney job searching. I don't think it matters if you're not American since it is not a government job.

Good Luck

http://www.mouseplanet.com/kevin/jobs.htm

tjrj
01-13-2002, 08:32 AM
I would think that your nationality would be an advantage. A friend of mine just got off a Disney Cruise and she was one of only a handful of American CM's on board. But maybe it's different at the Parks.

9oldmen
01-13-2002, 09:17 AM
If you think they only hire Americans, you should visit the World Showcase at EPCOT, or the Asia and Africa areas of DAK where they deliberately hire people from the respective countries/continents for authenticity. At least that's how it used to be.

tabacco
01-13-2002, 09:54 AM
Shouldn't be a problem at all, far as I know.

ripplededge
01-13-2002, 01:52 PM
That is one of the lamest things I have ever heard.
There are CMs from Mexico, Scotland, etc. in Security, what foo said you had to be "American"?

Believe
01-13-2002, 02:13 PM
Thats what i heard from Home Base in Sydney and other CM's that they normaly hire there OWN first before they hire international people.

I was only trying to clear some things up !!!!!

I know WDW will hire anyone really cause its an international show case, where Disneyland is really a local thing !

Sorry ! not going to post anymore if every time i post somthing, some one has to come back with a smart relpy ! :mad:

cya
:)

pixiepal
01-13-2002, 04:45 PM
Don't pay any attention, Believe. Your question was a legit one. Please don't let that stop you from posting. Seems some people around here have chips on their shoulders! ;)