PDA

View Full Version : Doing my Ridemax plans... what rides do people commonly want to go on twice?

slanders
04-17-2005, 04:30 PM
I know everyone is different but I am trying to make a few different plans....so, what rides seem to be the ultimate favorites and that I should make room for going on twice in 3 days???

Remember...I have a 7 yr old and a 4 yr old.

Thanks..

Sonja

SCUBAbe
04-17-2005, 04:33 PM
The only rides I pan to go on twice are splash and TOT...:)

DangerMouse
04-17-2005, 04:36 PM
These are the rides we try to do twice with our 7 and 5 yo:

PoC (we do this one as many times as possible)
BTMRR
Splash Mtn
Matterhorn
Peter Pan

and I'm guessing Buzz will be a new favorite as well.

:D

SeansMom
04-17-2005, 04:37 PM
Autopia (Kids that age LOVE to drive :) )
Buzz Lightyear
Peter Pan
Possibly Dumbo (depends on your kids)
Jungle Cruise
Pirates
IF your kids are the brave sort I would add Splash Mountain and Indiana Jones, maybe Matterhorn

In DCA
Catch two showings of Alladin...it's wonderful!
Grizzly River Run if they are into "big rides"
Soarin'

When our youngest was 8 we did Autopia about 5 times, GRR about 15 times (seriously!), and Peter Pan 3 or 4 times. Plus, the park just wasn't crowded so we did all the other multiple times too, but those were his favorites.
Hope that helps!

FantasmicFanatic
04-17-2005, 05:22 PM
Buzz many times! Gotta beat that personal high score!

FF

bradk
04-17-2005, 05:27 PM
over 3 days with RideMax, the multiples I have are:

IJA - 3x
POTC - 2x
Mulholland Madness - 2x
TOT - 2x
GRR - 2x
JC - 2x
HM - 3x
BTMRR - 2x

I also hope to hit Matterhorn twice during early entry.

you should also consult with the online calendar and set aside time for any shows and parades you wish to see.

rentayenta
04-17-2005, 05:29 PM
Don't forget Gadget's Go Coaster in ToonTown, my kids love that ride.

They also enjoy:
POTC
Splash
IASW
The Matterhorn
Star Tours
Autopia
HM
Peter Pan
Dumbo
Alice
Teacups
The DL Railroad
Jungle Cruise
Indiana Jones...

I think I just named about everything ;)

mkcbunny
04-17-2005, 05:48 PM
Also, go with the flow. If you ride something once and love it, and there's no wait, do it again! Be spontaneous.

stinkerbell
04-17-2005, 07:11 PM
Thinking only of my own 4 and 7 year olds:

Matterhorn
Splash
Pirates
Mansion
Big Thunder
Tea Cups
Small World
Star Tours
Autopia

My seven year old could also go on Indiana Jones ALL day long.

My ten year is sitting here with me and she agrees with the list. :)

SarahJanet
04-17-2005, 10:42 PM
Brad, are you not doubling Splash? You really should.

And I wouldn't triple on HM - I'd do another of BTMRR. (But I'm kind of obsessive about that ride.) Also, I would DEFINITELY double (or triple!) Soarin. That ride is so great.

sunfun94
04-17-2005, 11:15 PM
I agree... gotta add to soarin!! :)

bradk
04-18-2005, 01:23 AM
the problem is that the minimum wait for BTMRR in the morning according to RideMax is 20+ mins, which I'm hoping is a bit high, but it makes it hard to accomodate for it more.

SOC's best wait time is 60 mins for non-single rider which i was hoping to do to better my chance of getting front row, but then i realized if i'm only doing it x amount of times, it's not worth waiting 40 mins more just for the chance. i really only have one day scheduled at DCA (don't want to go back and forth too much) and my day has to end by 4 or so because i want to include the parades (block party, DEP), fireworks, fantasmic, aladdin, all that day as well.

I'm also hoping I can get into SOC at 9:30, which would put it on the schedule at 2x.

it's a good point about Splash tho, not sure why I neglected it. there will be time for it though, but it's in an area i'm not leaving to ridemax.

Crazy4DL
04-18-2005, 02:26 AM
I agree... gotta add to soarin!! :)

Oh, I have to pop in here. I love Soarin. It is awesome, bradk. I would try to fit it in at least twice. I haven't done the TOT in DCA yet but of the rest of the rides in that park, Soarin, is the absolute best, IMHO. Of course, ride perferences, vary and I am not as crazy over roller coasters, and such, so if you are then you may be more taken by Screamin. Have a ball either way. :)