PDA

View Full Version : Grand Californian Suites

tinkluver
04-17-2005, 02:55 PM
Was just wondering if anyone of you know if the 2 bedroom Artisan suite at the GCH is concierge or not? Also is there 1 or 2 baths? Thanks for any help!!

04-17-2005, 05:49 PM
This (http://disneyland.disney.go.com/dlm/content?id=ArtisanQQGCHGuestRoomsAndSuitesHMFPage) shows one bathroom. Same story for the Artisan King suite.

I don't know if it's concierge level or not.

Opus1guy
04-17-2005, 06:20 PM
Can't answer your questions without picking up the phone and calling the GCH and asking, but generally it doesn't matter if the Suite is physically on the Concierge Level or not. All that matters is if your Suite comes with Concierge Club privileges. Your room does not have to be on that floor to have access. The ones on that floor do have access, but you can usually pay for Concierge access while residing in any room in the hotel.

TribeFan
04-18-2005, 05:02 AM
All of the hotel suites do not include concierge services. You will need to pay an additional fee. The rate varies between the 3 hotels. Also, a 2 bedroom suite will have 2 bathrooms. This is because all of the suites at GCH are 1 bedroom and you will have a connecting room next door (which has it's onn bathroom. You cannot buy concierge services for any room at the hotel. This causes overcrowding at the lounge. You have to be in a concierge room or a suite (and pay the upgrade). All of the concierge rooms are on the 6th floor. The suites are scattered throughout the hotel. There are very few suites actually on the 6th floor. 3 of the 4 pres/VP suites are there and they take up a great deal of room. I believe that the concierge upgrade at GCH is $150 + tax per night. There are some WDT packages that are for a suite and include the concierge services.

sleepyjeff
04-18-2005, 06:55 AM
Short answer: If you don't have it in writting, you don't have it :)

tinkluver
04-18-2005, 01:26 PM
Thanks- this is a big help :)

momton/o
04-18-2005, 04:40 PM
We were not on the sixth floor (I believe we were on the fifth) and had concierge services. I understand wht the previous post meant about overcrowding in the lounge though. But in our case we were not on the concierge floor, but had the services. Just like if the hotel was full, and not everyone wanted concierge services, I'm sure they'd put someone on the sixth floor but not allow access to the lounge. It's the programming of the card key that let's you in.

Crazy4Mickey
04-18-2005, 04:49 PM
momton/o - Were you in a suite on the fifth floor? Does anyone know if the suites are all on one floor or are they spread around throughout the hotel? Thanks :)

momton/o
04-18-2005, 05:06 PM
No, it was not a suite. I believe that when I asked about suites they said they are spread out all over the hotel and concierge services are not included, but you can add that on.

We just returned from a trip nd stayed at the PPH and WISHED we were GC.
:crying:

Opus1guy
04-18-2005, 05:29 PM
We were not on the sixth floor (I believe we were on the fifth) and had concierge services. I understand wht the previous post meant about overcrowding in the lounge though. But in our case we were not on the concierge floor, but had the services. Just like if the hotel was full, and not everyone wanted concierge services, I'm sure they'd put someone on the sixth floor but not allow access to the lounge. It's the programming of the card key that let's you in.

Ditto. I think they base availability of the add-on for those in other Standard rooms on other floors...on anticipated usage. They likely Yield Manage the thing. If you call and ask, the hotel will generally tell you they only offer the add-on with Suites, but we've asked at check-in or after check-in many times and have often been offered a rate for the add-on. Since a Standard room with a Concierge Service add-on is likely going to be cheaper than a straight Concierge Floor booking, you can imagine why they don't necessarily promote such a deal. It could somewhat undermine their marketing the actual Concierge rooms. But it is often made available. I'm sure they look at it as sorta "Well, if we can get another $80 per night (or whatever they are selling it for at the time) out of them, that's bonus bucks for us."

BTW, I've also negotiated sweet Suite deals right at the Front Desk as well, snagging them for much less than the currently selling rate. But they usually only will do this on 1 or 2 night stays when they know they probably won't be needing the Suite that day or the next. This seems to work best when the hotel is really booked solid. They often have surplus unsold Suites available, but are overbooked in normal room types. And an offer of a relatively small up-charge for a Suite is often not refused, because they get the extra bucks and it frees up your regular room for someone else that's waiting for one of those types.

momton/o
04-18-2005, 05:57 PM
Are the rooms on the sixth floor any different? I've always wondered. When we had concierge service, but were on the fifth floor, we still had robes but they forgot turn down service most night (but I always feel weird about having someone turn down my bed anyway).

We had booked concierge from the start, so I was a bit perplexed by being on the fifth floor. But I think I heard the rooms are all exactly the same. They put us on the fifth floor because they said they could give us a view of the park that way. Once we found the stairs we decided we were actually very close the concierge lounge.

At the time we thought it was nice splurge, not something we'd likely do again soon. But now that we just spent six days at PPH, I realize the GC just may have been worth it :)