PDA

View Full Version : Yay! Thanksgiving Week trip booked!

Rhiannon8404
04-17-2005, 12:55 PM
With it being the 50th and all, I figured I'd better book our annual TG week trip now. We are staying 11/20-11/25 at DLH. We booked a standard room for 5 nights. We were originally quoted a rate of $236/night. But when I mentioned my AP, the CM said $212. No mention of "Holiday Rates" that are posted on the website, thank goodness. If the holiday rates were in effect during that week, we should have been charged higher the rates of $345 for the last several nights.

It's too early to book the Thanksgiving Buffet, though, so we'll have to call back for that. Has anyone else done the buffet? It's a tradition for us.

I'm so excited even though we haven't even gone on our June trip yet. Going during the Christmas season is just so different from going in the spring/summer.

MrsG
04-17-2005, 02:43 PM
Congrats! Thanksgiving is one of my favorite times in the park.

We do the buffet at Storytellers. Is that the buffet you are talking about?

Rhiannon8404
04-17-2005, 03:12 PM
I was talking about the big buffet at the DLH in the main ballroom. It's only held on Thanksgiving Day. It's really cool. All the traditional foods, plus pasta, desserts and even a kids buffet table. Plus there are three different stations set up at one end of the room where you can meet and take pics with charachers. Last year we saw Chip and Dale, Snow White and Doc, Pluto and
Minnie, Pochahontas and her racoon friend, the Brother Bear bears (don't know their names), and Woody and Jesse. At most we only had to wait behind 3-4 other kids and all the characters spend lots of time with the kids. It's not cheap, but the food was good and the character interaction awesome.

Link to MousePad article on Thanksgiving Buffett (http://www.mouseplanet.com/parkupdates/dlr/dlr041109.htm). Scroll down.

MrsG
04-17-2005, 04:22 PM
The chocolate fountain looks delish!