PDA

View Full Version : Disneyland at 50: Walt's wild ride -- Mercury News, 2005-04-17

Andrew
04-17-2005, 11:59 AM
Disneyland at 50: Walt's wild ride (http://www.mercurynews.com/mld/mercurynews/living/travel/11406269.htm) -- Mercury News, 2005-04-17

It was sweltering that day. And crowded. People gathered at the entrance even if they didn't have tickets, that's how eager they were to get inside.

``Hotter than hell'' is how Art Linkletter, the emcee and Walt Disney's longtime friend, remembers it. ``The asphalt had just been rolled and people's shoes got stuck in it. But we carried on. We didn't worry about stuff like that.''

Editor's note: "Related Links" from the Mercury News article include More reader memories, Disney celebrates with new attractions, Disney-related web sites (including MousePlanet), Forum: Your Disney memories, and Disneyland experts: test your knowledge.

ozbeauticn
04-17-2005, 12:57 PM
My story made it! How exciting!!!

PapiBear
04-17-2005, 04:24 PM
You should point out that registration with Mercury News is required in order to read the article.

Andrew
04-17-2005, 10:02 PM
Oops, yes, that's true. I read the Merc every day, so I have a saved cookie in my browser. I've never received spam to the custom email address I set up for this registration, so go ahead and register!