PDA

View Full Version : Space Mountain Soundtrack

Pages : [1] 2

TerryTiger
01-12-2002, 10:58 PM
Does anyone know when (or if) they are going to fix the soundtrack on Space Mountain? Over the summer and throughout the fall it was hit or miss for getting a working sound system. Since the middle of December or so, it hasn't worked a single time so I'm assuming they've shut it down in ALL vehicles...

Space Mountain just isn't as good without the music!!!

Nigel2
01-12-2002, 11:00 PM
Oh, god not again. Ok, it is rumored that there are going to be new vehicles with techno music on them, that is why the soundtrack isn't being fixed.

WizKidRyan
01-12-2002, 11:37 PM
Actually, apparently there has been confirmation via castmember that the new rockets exist, in the purple and gold style...Read more here:
http://www.intercotwest.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic&f=1&t=001640

If you aren't regulars to that board, Bleen and S Clubber are both highly reliable sources (Bleen works Screamin' and I forget what S Clubber does...)

Now, I'm neither saying it's true or not, just passing along what other CMs have said :)

Nigel2
01-12-2002, 11:41 PM
Well sorry we do believe in shooting the messanger on these boards, so stand still.:D

innerSpaceman
01-13-2002, 08:36 AM
It's amazing how you can't go back, ain't it? For decades, Space Mountain was one of my favorite experiences on earth, and with no music whatsoever, and none even contemplated in the "vacuum" of space. Now that we've tasted the improvement that music brings, we can't live without it.

Better never to giveth, than to giveth and then taketh away.

BTW - the soundtrack on Screamin' is hit and miss, too. More miss than hit as time goes by and the system deteriorates with no meaningful maintenance or fix-it solution.

WizKidRyan
01-13-2002, 10:12 AM
Originally posted by Nigel2
Well sorry we do believe in shooting the messanger on these boards, so stand still.:D

But...That'd be doing me a favor...I couldnt goto DCA anymore!

Ace
01-13-2002, 12:24 PM
yes, that ride is only good with the music. look how spoiled we are. we should end this thread with the little red blinkling light explination... someone else do it, I don't know all the facts.

blusilva
01-13-2002, 01:13 PM
I can live just fine without the music. I think the ride is much more chilling without it. Just the whoosh of the cars and the screaming!

The music makes it more....I dunno....rollercoastery to me. I mean, the music is OK, it just takes me out of the illusion of being in space.

MickeyD
01-13-2002, 01:29 PM
I've read/heard about the new rockets from a lot of different sources, so it's probably more than a rumor, but when the heck are they going to put them in?

Squinky- the red light doesn't blink, (to my recollection, it HAS been a long time since I've seen it on. :( ) and it was getting to be unreliable, but anyhoo, if there is a red light on the back of the rocket then the soundtrack is working.

What I do (if possible) when it's not working is ride with Napsto. He hums the soundtrack for me so I don't miss it. Well, at least until we start talking about supplemental insurance.

Ace
01-13-2002, 04:14 PM
I've seen it blink. I could've explained it but, as you said, it's getting to be unreliable, but I wasn't sure if that was just me. Last time I was there it only worked one out of 3 times.

zapppop
01-13-2002, 06:09 PM
I went on SM for the first time with the audio system working and loved it so I'm used to the music. To me, it adds to the attraction the same way the music in the foyer adds to the Haunted Mansion. Sure, you could go without it, but why ? The music gives the ride an extra effect to play with your senses and make it seem more magical and exciting.

The new rockets are supposed to go in this year when SM goes down for a rehab but who knows when that will be or if they're gonna make us wait until they put in the new track for the park's 50th anniversary.

Whenver it happens, we'll know.

WizKidRyan
01-13-2002, 08:06 PM
I would put down 10 bucks we will see new rockets after the Space refurb currently listed as:
02/25/2002-03/22/2002 Space Mountain & Photo Capture

JoeCanadian
01-14-2002, 02:27 PM
I was there Dec 18 - 21/01 and must've rode SM at least 20 to 30 times. I got a working sound system on every ride. Must've been a fluke I guess, considering what I've heard.

Sad thing is, I've got the song on my hard drive and actually listen to it every now and again.

Ace
01-14-2002, 03:04 PM
hey, I have the song on my computer and I think it's good by itself. it's a good song.

Nigel2
01-14-2002, 09:55 PM
Originally posted by WizKidRyan

But...That'd be doing me a favor...I couldnt goto DCA anymore!

Ok, now we are going to shoot you...out of a cannon into an air matress in DCA.:D

Now where was I? Oh yes, I am also one of the people that have that song in my head so even if its not on I can hear it in my mind (along with about 20 other people:D ) so I am over it, but if you ride with me on anything your odds of an unexpected random shutdown go up.

Davideo
01-15-2002, 03:11 PM
I love the idea of music on both SM and CS, but don't especially like the music they play. My bf and I have an MP3 player and we've been testing out music. (We have a split jack so we can fit up to 3 headphones in it). The best so far has been the main theme from the movie Run Lola Run for SM. We also used some of the music from the Nighmare Before Christmas soundtrack on the Haunted Mansion Holiday....so much better!!

I would highly suggest the MP3 at Disneyland idea. We've listened to some great music in Pirates too. It really adds a whole new dimension to a ride that you may have been on a thousand times.

dghosthost
01-15-2002, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by Squinky
hey, I have the song on my computer and I think it's good by itself. it's a good song.

First CD I ever burned. My sister adores that tune, and will close her eyes to 'ride' the attraction in her head. She's not even a DisneyFreak

mrfantasmic
01-15-2002, 07:38 PM
Originally posted by MickeyD
Well, at least until we start talking about supplemental insurance.

Supplemental insurance? What's that?

MickeyD
01-15-2002, 10:21 PM
Originally posted by mrfantasmic

Supplemental insurance? What's that?

AFLAC

Uncle Dick
02-03-2002, 10:06 AM
I like Space Mountain without the music. You can hear the eerie "whooshing" sounds as you climb the lift hill. The music also broadcasts every turn and drop just before it happens. I prefer to be surprised. Don't get me wrong, I do like the ride with the music, but I don't complain if it's broken. The two experiences are rather different in a fun way. Take it or leave it, I say. :)

Techie7
02-03-2002, 11:34 AM
I for one miss the music. I love the music and the way it syncs with the drops and turns. Guess I really rember starting to ride it when they put in the soundtrack. But... I would rather have an attraction and no soundtrack then a soundtrack and no attraction.

mrfantasmic
02-03-2002, 12:08 PM
It covers things like lost pay, and other expenses.

mrfantasmic
02-03-2002, 12:09 PM
Did we ever figure out if they are going to put in new rockets at this rehab?

tabacco
02-03-2002, 01:17 PM
Originally posted by mrfantasmic
Did we ever figure out if they are going to put in new rockets at this rehab?

I have this bridge you might be interested in purchasing...

DisneyFiend
02-03-2002, 08:03 PM
Does anyone have the MP3 of the song from SM? I love it, and would love to get it. Thanks!