PDA

View Full Version : Need Help - Best Time To Go Late in Late April/Early May

Monte Cristo
04-16-2005, 06:32 PM
Okay - the good news: my fiancee and I might be able to squeeze in a quickie visit before our big post-wedding holiday trip in December.

The bad news: if it's gonna happen, it's gotta happen either late this month or early in May. Now I know the 50th is the first week of May, so obviously I'm not looking at that. How about mid or late May (prior to Memorial day)?

Suggestions/help/advice would be greatly appreciated.

bradk
04-16-2005, 06:46 PM
late may is the best time, last couple of weeks prior to memorial day weekend

Walt'sbirthdaygirl
04-16-2005, 06:52 PM
It seems there are quite a few of us going around the 22nd of May.

Personally I am hedging my bets that it will be busy but not unbearable so.

Monte Cristo
04-16-2005, 06:53 PM
late may is the best time, last couple of weeks prior to memorial day weekend

I was thinking the same...however both the Tropicana and Carasel are SOLD OUT for that time period. Methinks we may not be able to squeeze this one in.

bradk
04-16-2005, 06:55 PM
well, i just planned out my ridemax schedule for the 22-24 allowing for lunch @ BB and most of the shows and parades and i'm pretty happy with the results. could be better i imagine, but could be so much worse. plus ridemax is supposed to error on the side of longer wait times, so i should be good to go with plenty of shopping time to spare.

bradk
04-16-2005, 06:57 PM
I was thinking the same...however both the Tropicana and Carasel are SOLD OUT for that time period. Methinks we may not be able to squeeze this one in.

last time i checked, hojo was still available at around $109 a night.

BWPPI also seemed to have very reasonable rates except for 5/21 which had soared to like $700 (but the rest of the week is like $70-something?)

i have reservations at both hojo and carousel, one of which i'm going to have to cancel obviously. i prefer carousel for the proximity but they have a bad habit of overbooking and redirecting people, so i have to wait to see if they keep me.

Monte Cristo
04-16-2005, 06:58 PM
last time i checked, hojo was still available at around $109 a night.

i have reservations at both hojo and carousel, one of which i'm going to have to cancel obviously. i prefer carousel for the proximity but they have a bad habit of overbooking and redirecting people, so i have to wait to see if they keep me.

I've heard that about carousel. I've got my family booked there for our big december trip. Should I consider changing those reservations to Tropicana?

bradk
04-16-2005, 07:04 PM
well, i'm an advocate of having a backup plan. i guess the ethics are questionable but since you aren't paying the hotel for the reservation and there are usually cancel policies that let you cancel within a certain period of time without penalty, it doesn't hurt to take advantage of it. in the case of tropicana vs carousel, the two are close enough to eachother that the only reason why you should keep both reservations is if you have a strong affinity for carousel and hope you don't have to switch to tropicana.