PDA

View Full Version : Ride Capacities...

OregonBoy1963
04-16-2005, 04:25 PM
Recently I saw on another thread a post that Splash Mountain could/was running about 1000 people an hour. Very interesting and got me to wondering about the capacities of other rides in the park. Any number nuts out there have that info? Thanks!

sdfilmcritic
04-16-2005, 04:31 PM
I don't know any numbers off of the top of my head, but if you stop by guest services of any park they are supposed to (by law regulations) give you the information about each ride, including hourly ride capacity, upon your request.

Hakuna Makarla
04-16-2005, 04:33 PM
yes only 3 of me can ride at one time ( it stops running with over load :)

bradk
04-16-2005, 04:43 PM
each operations CM could probably be able to tell you for their own particular attraction. not sure if they do it anymore, but i believe they used to actually have quotas for moving people through the attraction.

Hakuna Makarla
04-16-2005, 04:45 PM
wow so much info for not ever being in the park, impressive

bradk
04-16-2005, 04:50 PM
actually, now it just occurs to me. the unofficial guide tells you how long your wait will be based on the number of people ahead of you on line (i.e., x number of minutes per 100 people). so i guess you could make a rough tally based on any attraction from them, assuming they're correct.

sdfilmcritic
04-16-2005, 04:53 PM
But by the time you have a chance to count the number of people in front of you then most of the line will have disappeared and you will be standing at the front of the line.

SilverStyle
04-16-2005, 11:49 PM
There is maxium rate, cant think of the one for tower. Targets change daily, like ours today was 1400 per hour

DCAWhites
04-17-2005, 02:24 AM
Its really not too hard to figure it out as a guest even. Take for example indiana jones. I believe the interval between jeeps can be as short as 17 seconds when running the maximum number. To get the hourly capacity assuming 17 seconds you'd multiply the dispaches per hour times the capacity of each jeep. This would be (3600 divided by 17 to get dispaches per hour) times 12, totalling 2541 people per hour...making it one of the highest capacity attractions in the park (and such an attraction does NOT need fastpass on moderate or low attendence days). Of course things never work out *perfectly* (aka people who cant fasten their seatbelts or not enough jeeps online).

Peter pan averages what, one pirate ship with an average of say 2.3 people each say, 15 seconds or somewhat, totalling about 550 people an hour which is why the line moves so darn slow!

I know star tours and tower of terror have very similar capacities hovering around 1500. Soarin' from what i've heard from a friend can only get around 1300 on average.

sdfilmcritic
04-17-2005, 08:07 AM
Keep in mind that most all of the rides are broken down into one of two types of attractions: Continuous and Cycle. A ride like Haunted Mansion, Splash Mountain, or Indiana Jones would fall into the Continuous cycle because the ride does not need to be come to a complete stop just to load the next group of passengers. Dumbo or Golden Zephyr (correct title?) would fall into the Cycle rides because the ride must come to a complete stop to switch the previous riders out with a new batch of riders. Cycle rides have a much smaller amount of amount of an hourly capacity than a Continuous ride that can have the ride in constant operation as guests are boarding and leaving simultaneously.