PDA

View Full Version : Found at Disneyland

SeansMom
04-16-2005, 03:12 PM
Did YOU lose it???

Fouind mostly our 12 year old, who I think had his eye out for money, kept finding things, including:
1) A picture of two young girls (gave it to a CM)
2) Invalid and valid Fastpasses (threw away the invalid, used the valid)
3) A card for taking an online survey for Disneyland (kept it.)
4) Hat (turned in to CM)
5) A small change purse sitting on a bench (it was empty; turned in to nearest CM)
6) At our hotel, on the floor, I found eight, yes count them EIGHT unused tickets to Disneyland. (Turned in to the desk when we registered. Later we were told they found the family/group they belonged to.)
7) Found near the FastPass machines at GRR one AP ticket/card (I think, as it was like a credit card). Sat there surrounded by everyone else's stuff, thinking how fun it would be to come back by myself sometime this year, then looked up to see a man frantically searching the ground and asked him if he was looking for the card I was holding. He said yes with much relief. There goes my "alone trip...lol")
8) A pair of shorts on main street. My son picked them up and we looked around, thinking, okay, either someone near here is naked or somone just dropped them. Located the family it belonged to.
9) Not one, but three families from our area. Very weird to be walking through Disneyland and hear someone calling your name :) !!!
10) A pressed penny by the Buzz Lightyear machines (he kept it...I figured it wasn't worth enough to turn it in.)

What have YOU found at DIsneyland?

tod
04-16-2005, 03:16 PM
Did YOU lose it???

Fouind mostly our 12 year old, who I think had his eye out for money, kept finding things, including:

9) Not one, but three families from our area. Very weird to be walking through Disneyland and hear someone calling your name :)

How far away do you live?

--t

momton/o
04-16-2005, 03:17 PM
Did he happen to find a gold Grizzly Peak pin and a Minnie having tea pin? They fell off my daughters lanyard last week. :)

SeansMom
04-16-2005, 03:26 PM
How far away do you live?

--t

We live in Washington state, the western half, in a very tiny town. I knew two of the families through work, and the other family was, believe it or not, the family of my son's latest crush! We had no idea any of those folks would be there, but it was fun to see somebody from "home"!

SeansMom
04-16-2005, 03:28 PM
Did he happen to find a gold Grizzly Peak pin and a Minnie having tea pin? They fell off my daughters lanyard last week. :)
lol...no, just the things listed. Actually, now that you mention it, with all the finding going on I'm surprised he didn't find some pins. I saw so many people wearing them. Maybe someone turned them in, though...did you check with lost and found?

momton/o
04-16-2005, 03:32 PM
Hey, we're from WA too! And we saw a really good friend of my daughters while we were there. Hung out with them for a day (which was a nice treat because my husband was there for a convention)

I didn't check lost and found. I should call. One of them she lost leaving Pirates. We heard it drop, but with the stampede we couldn't see it. :mad:

Maus
04-16-2005, 03:43 PM
9) Not one, but three families from our area. Very weird to be walking through Disneyland and hear someone calling your name :) !!!

That's fun isn't it? One summer on vacation in Hawaii we ran into four people we knew (and none of them were together)!

CoasterChickie
04-16-2005, 04:26 PM
Sean'smom....I really hope something very good comes your way for all the good deeds you and your family did while you were there!! :D

SeansMom
04-16-2005, 04:41 PM
Sean'smom....I really hope something very good comes your way for all the good deeds you and your family did while you were there!! :D
Believe me, when I was holding those eight unused tickets there was a little devil on my shoulder...but I remembered reading here that Disneyland won't replace lost tickets and thought how heartbroken I'd be if it was me....so the angel won out. I DO think the man who checked us in upgraded our room at the Sheraton. It was HUGE, and I mean HUGE. When I asked he said it was a "deluxe" room, and we'd only booked a regular room. It also faced into the little courtyard area and had a very pretty view (not that we were in the room long enough to enjoy it, but still :~D ).

MammaSilva
04-16-2005, 04:53 PM
The karma will bring all that we do back to us 10 fold so I'm sure the family whose vacation you saved by being you as oppposed to someone less considerate (I won't say less honest cuz there is NO rule that SAYS you have to turn in 'found' anything....the saying finders keepers losers weepers is around for a reason) The upgraded room was just a little perk along the way :)

sdfilmcritic
04-16-2005, 04:57 PM
2) Invalid and valid Fastpasses (threw away the invalid, used the valid)This one is my favorite one to find around the park. It's like getting a free Get Out Of Jail card.

WITron
04-18-2005, 11:54 PM
In the summer of 1989 while working as a CM at Tomorrowland Terrace I found my first GF. :)

sdfilmcritic
04-19-2005, 03:08 AM
In the summer of 1989 while working as a CM at Tomorrowland Terrace I found my first GF. :){collective "ahh"}

outlaw8
04-19-2005, 10:27 AM
AHHHHHHHH.....
You know with all the discarded Fastpasses how come none of those people don't FIND a trashcan???lol
I ALWAYS find a smile on my face at Disneyland :) ...Even when I know when I get back to "reality" it will just be wiped away..:(

maryxmas
04-19-2005, 03:29 PM
AHHHHHHHH.....
You know with all the discarded Fastpasses how come none of those people don't FIND a trashcan???lol :(

Whenever we decide not to use fast passes we give them away to (grateful) random strangers. But I have seen people just leave them on top of a garbage can or somewhere where they think they'll be found and used by someone. Not everyone is brave enough to walk up to a stranger and say "you want these?".

The old man
04-19-2005, 03:35 PM
That's an amazing list. My daughter found 8 cents and we saw someone find a dollar.
David

CrazyTrain
04-29-2005, 10:27 AM
I finally found something - a hat in the Tiki Room. It was damp... I hope it was wate not sweat! :eek:

But I also lost something - the sunglasses that attach to my glasses. I lost them in GCH and they haven't been found :(

Photographer
04-29-2005, 02:14 PM
Found a brand new Indiana Jones action figure in the bag, upstairs at Golden Horseshoe. I'd been picking up (I'm not a CM) after a family who threw condiments and fries all over the floor and saw the bag a few tables away, on the floor. Turned it in to City Hall.