PDA

View Full Version : Happiest Faces on Earth is here

Pages : [1] 2

evrythngwmn
04-16-2005, 08:51 AM
Well at least one of them anyway. I found one of the photo collages up in Toontown between the mens and womens restroom. It was very cool to look at and I spent way too much time trying to figure out if any of my photos were part of it.

Here are my observations:
1- Everyone seems to take a lot of the same types of photos. This collage had a lot of photos of kids posed with Eeyore or Pooh.
2- There were a number of non Disneyland specific photos. I'm guessing that because they had a hard time getting enough photos they just decided to use photos from just about anything Disney. I found pictures of Cinderella castle at the MK. The big ball and Mission Space at Epcot. What appears to be someone's ID photo. Also photos from all over the Disneyland resort (DCA, Downtown Disney, Hotels).
3- Lastly, it was really cool. From afar it looked like what it was, a mural of Mickey slipping under an awning but up close it was all these tiny photos of people enjoying Disney. I think this one example definitely lives up to the name "Happiest Faces on Earth."

goober7011
04-16-2005, 09:01 AM
Any pics of what the mural looks like?
Very exciting.
Thanks for the info.
-Goober

rentayenta
04-16-2005, 09:18 AM
Very cool! I can't wait to see it.

RideMax Mark
04-16-2005, 09:20 AM
I'm going to have to look for this!

Do you have a guess as to how big the mural is overall? How big is each individual picture?

Also, did you notice if they had to artificially "tint" the colors in the photos to make them blend in with the rest of the mural, or did they just use the photos as-is?

SCUBAbe
04-16-2005, 09:29 AM

Do you have a guess as to how big the mural is overall? How big is each individual picture?

Also, did you notice if they had to artificially "tint" the colors in the photos to make them blend in with the rest of the mural, or did they just use the photos as-is?

my guess would be they are tinted if they look like a regular picture form far away. It's very easy to do. I use to have a program that did it. I have a picture of the Matterhorn with all my families pictures making up the larger picture..:)...(they are tinted in my picture, but the program did it automatically.)

evrythngwmn
04-16-2005, 09:35 AM

I'm a horrible guesser at size. The mural took up most of the wall between the mens and womens restrooms. If I had to guess I'd say 5 x 4. Each photo was roughly the size of an adult fingernail. I didn't find any that looked like they had been tinted. Quite a few though looked like they were reduced in size (all photos were the same size though) using the focal point of the picture and cutting out background.

I'm not sure when I'll be in the Toontown area again. I'll try and have a camera with though me to be prepared. That being said if anyone is in the park soon, can you get a picture of it to share?

I think these murals are going to be distracting to me and my work. I had to force myself to stop looking at it. :rolleyes:

goober7011
04-16-2005, 09:42 AM
my guess would be they are tinted if they look like a regular picture form far away. It's very easy to do. I use to have a program that did it. I have a picture of the Matterhorn with all my families pictures making up the larger picture..:)...(they are tinted in my picture, but the program did it automatically.)
What kind of program did you use? That sounds like something interesting that I can do with my family's pics. Was it photoshop or what?
-Goober

SCUBAbe
04-16-2005, 09:47 AM
What kind of program did you use? That sounds like something interesting that I can do with my family's pics. Was it photoshop or what?
-Goober

mosaic creator...

CrazyTrain
04-16-2005, 10:24 AM
YAY!!
They REALLY must not have gotten enough photos because didn't it say somewhere that they were going to make sure that the pics were taken in Disneyland?

Disney Vault
04-16-2005, 10:28 AM
I didn't know they would be putting these up already. How many do they plan on having around the resort. Does anyone know?

ksejr1
04-16-2005, 11:09 AM
oooh, I'm going to DL tonight, I cant wait to see it! :D

sdfilmcritic
04-16-2005, 12:13 PM
Cool. It's great to hear the photos are getting put into place.

ftroop6
04-16-2005, 12:48 PM
YAY!!
They REALLY must not have gotten enough photos because didn't it say somewhere that they were going to make sure that the pics were taken in Disneyland?

We actually asked at City Hall way back in August and we were told that any pictures from DL, DCA, or anywhere through the resort would be accepted.

sami869
04-16-2005, 12:56 PM
oooh, I'm going to DL tonight, I cant wait to see it! :D
Bring your camera. :) I can't wait for someone to post some pictures of it.

Earkid
04-16-2005, 01:03 PM
If I had to guess I'd say 5 x 4. Each photo was roughly the size of an adult fingernail.

:eek: A fingernail size photo? Hardly seems worth it :rolleyes:

Disney Vault
04-16-2005, 01:14 PM
:eek: A fingernail size photo? Hardly seems worth it :rolleyes:
That does seem kind of small but can you imagine how large the overall mural would be if they were larger.

CrazyTrain
04-16-2005, 06:18 PM
We actually asked at City Hall way back in August and we were told that any pictures from DL, DCA, or anywhere through the resort would be accepted.

I didn't realize that "all around the resort" also meant Disney World and its parks as well. :) That's what I was referring to.

sdfilmcritic
04-16-2005, 06:20 PM
Well, as long as it is Disney themed I guess it won't matter. Will it?

CrazyTrain
04-16-2005, 07:28 PM
Well, I did a search on it, just 'cuz I swear that was the rules. I couldn't find the rules, but I did find this from one of the project's coordinators: "One of the team's goals is to place every appropriate picture submitted (i.e., pictures actually taken at Disneyland) somewhere in at least one collage."
Just trying to satisfy my own curiousity! :)

Walt'sbirthdaygirl
04-16-2005, 08:19 PM
I asked before I sent my one and only picture in, a really cute one of my DD and her best friend at Christmas time with Mickey at California adventure, they told me of course it would be okay to submit, any pictures taken at the DL resort were acceptable.

Dream Again
04-16-2005, 09:17 PM
:D

Disney Vault
04-16-2005, 10:17 PM
Here is a picture from Mouseinfo.com

http://www.miboards.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=9088

http://www.miboards.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=9090

You no longer have to be a member to view the pictures! :)

DCAWhites
04-17-2005, 02:28 AM
Its nice to see that the resolution of each individual photo is very nice so everyone should be able to find themselves if they have a general location.

TP2000
04-17-2005, 02:31 AM
Am I the only one who finds it odd that they put this up right next to the bathrooms? Surely there had to be somewhere else in Toontown where this mosaic could have gone.

The bathrooms???

tod
04-17-2005, 02:37 AM
Am I the only one who finds it odd that they put this up right next to the bathrooms? Surely there had to be somewhere else in Toontown where this mosaic could have gone.

The bathrooms???

This doesn't bother me a bit. Look how well the frame fits into the space.

--t