PDA

View Full Version : Attention CMs: Ball Gate closed to walking traffic!?!?!?

ripplededge
01-12-2002, 06:54 PM
Bad news for all you CMs that use Ball Gate as your entry to your location, it seems that around the 16th of this month, Security is not letting anyone walk through Ball Gate. You will have to take a side trip through TDA, through the big gray gate and walk through that way.
If any of you work parades, or show support, or anything in the area of the service garage (the place where you get gas) park at BCML and walk through Winston gate. There you can get a ride from the tram.
See folks when you get to be higher than a regular manager you get to make stupid decisions like this.

I don’t think this is going to blow over good with anyone. This is one of the lamest things I have ever seen Security do... it's not really high tech either. Just a bunch of ropes making you think you are inside the park waiting for an attraction.

Nigel2
01-12-2002, 09:15 PM
Hmmmmm, I am going to say that is too bad, but is that a very popular gate?

tabacco
01-12-2002, 09:42 PM
What an odd gate to close. I mean, it's the hardest to get to of any of the gates.

Mouse
01-14-2002, 12:37 PM
That better not hold for weekends too because getting security to open that gate on weekends is like pulling teeth. Once I wanted to go to the team center during a break (I was working in toontown) and they told me that even though I have my ID, I was currently on the "inside" of the gate they could not let me through...

What about the clock in by ball gate? And parking in TDA on weekends? I would have to agree with you, ripplededge, about the lameness thing security has done recently by far.

ripplededge
01-14-2002, 01:49 PM
Mouse:
"What about the clock in by ball gate? And parking in TDA on weekends?"

There is a clock in right by the TDA security office. As for parking in the TDA parking structure on the weekends, it is open now. The arm is usually up before 6am.

But now I here that they are going to try this new way for a week and see what happens. That's what a fellow security CM said, because he read it in the line.

You know what is also lame... the new hang tags that will replace the '99 sticker on your car. CMs will only get either a KCML, Simba, or BCML hang tag... not all of them. So it is going to create problems if you have a shift somewhere else... however it won't matter for security, we can park where ever... see where I am getting at? All these new, stupid changes are lame. And it is going to t-off the parade CMs the most.

Morrigoon
01-14-2002, 05:46 PM
LOL, for some reason at first glance I read the title as Bill Gates ;)

tabacco
01-14-2002, 07:07 PM
Originally posted by ripplededge
You know what is also lame... the new hang tags that will replace the '99 sticker on your car. CMs will only get either a KCML, Simba, or BCML hang tag... not all of them. So it is going to create problems if you have a shift somewhere else... however it won't matter for security, we can park where ever... see where I am getting at? All these new, stupid changes are lame. And it is going to t-off the parade CMs the most.

That really does bite... why the move to hang tags?