PDA

View Full Version : Merchandise [customer service]

WITron
04-16-2005, 06:08 AM
I was very impreessed with Disney and their merchandise exchange. Last year we went to Disneyland and purchased a sweatshirt for our DD. After a short time we noticed the stitching around the neck starting to come out. Then the other day my DW pointed ot that the stuff to make the D puffy was coming undone at the bottom, so it was no longer puffy. I went to the Disneyland website and sent them an email explaining the situation. I was just expecting a form letter stating that they recieved my letter and they were sorry this had happened without anything really being done. to my surprise I recieved an email which did appologize, but also said to ship the shirt back and they woul dexchange it. This is one of the reasons that I enjoy buying Disney.

There are alot of companies that could look to Disney's examples of making the customer happy and exceeding their expectations. A few weeks ago my DW purchased some clothes on line and just after she recieved the items she noticed the price droped. The company had a price match policy and my DW was within the dates that she should recieve a price match. When she requested it they said no, because the date wasn't in time. She had to jump through hoops to prove that it did indeed meet the requirements and did finaly get the price adjustment.

Sorry for the long rant. Does anyone else have any experiences where Disneyland merchandise exceeded their expectations? I also hope that this is a good sign of things to come in the post Pressler era.

CrazyTrain
04-16-2005, 08:35 AM
Really?
I have a backpack that I bought in Sept. last year. The stiching holding the zipper in came undone, and shortly after that, the piece that holds the zipper pull broke off. I figured I was out of luck, since ut'd been awhile since I bought it and I don't have the reciept or anything. Maybe I'll shoot them an e-mail. Where on the site did you e-mail from?

disney jones
04-16-2005, 09:58 AM
i was quite pleased that a Christmas gift we bought at WOD in December was easily exchanged in March with a receipt. I know some stores have a time limit for exchanges, but then again, DLR should be unique in that some of us can't get there that frequently if an exchange is needed.

And from the March trip, we have a another exchange return planned (with receipt) for the May trip.

And i occassionally forget to use my AP discount - we bought the Bambi DVD in March, then later that night i realized i didn't use my AP discount - i took it back two days later to the Emporium and happily got $1.26 refunded. :)

rentayenta
04-16-2005, 10:25 AM
Last year I bought some things from The Disney Store online (when it was still the Disney Store). The prices had dropped a few weeks later. I called and they credited my account, no problem.

The kids bathroom is all Disney. A couple of years ago, we bought all of the stuff from the World of Disney store. When we got home I really wanted the Mickey shower curtain rings. I called and they were here within days, and they didn't charge me shipping. :D