PDA

View Full Version : How long of a Drive from Disneyland to Seaworld

ima_mickeyfan
04-15-2005, 03:00 PM
We are planning on spending a day at seaworld, but wondering how long of a drive it is going to be from DLH? What day would you suggest that we go to SW? we will be in California Tues-Mon (7 days). :)

SCUBAbe
04-15-2005, 03:01 PM
i'm going to guess 2 hours...:)

sunfun94
04-15-2005, 03:31 PM
We are planning on spending a day at seaworld, but wondering how long of a drive it is going to be from DLH? What day would you suggest that we go to SW? we will be in California Tues-Mon (7 days). :)

Actually, it should be about an hour and a halfish....Im here in San Clemente (half way between both places) and it takes us 30-35 minutes to get to DL and 30-40 to get to SW
I would go during the week...on your way down here there shouldnt be much traffic and since ( I am assuming) you will stay till park closes (around 7-8?) you should miss much of the traffic going back.
Saturday and Sunday surprisingly enough brings alot of congestion coming down here and going up for that matter....odd.

Remember* carpool lanes are your best friend! ;)

Have a great time! :D

MammaSilva
04-15-2005, 04:23 PM
Heads up...it's more about "depending on traffic!" and not 'miles' we were at the park on Saturday and had to make an emergency run down to San Diego to retrieve a friends cell phone and it took us FOREVER .....a good 2.5 hours down and 2.5 back, it's approx. 100 miles from the parking structure to the gas light district of San Diego, I'm not sure what the exact milage to Sea World but don't let miles 'fool' you into underestimating drive times.

Walt'sbirthdaygirl
04-15-2005, 04:26 PM
I would go on Thursday or Friday, and take advatage of two of DL's slowest days. Try and get to Sea World early in the am and do plan on staying until closing so that you can see all of the shows.

bradk
04-15-2005, 04:45 PM
also, have you checked the seaworld site to see their scheduled hours? what dates are you in the area? it helps to know to give such advice.

karl
04-15-2005, 05:12 PM
Yes, early morning is good on weekends is good.

Later mornings on weekends can be crushed with beach traffic. Same with late afternoons - wait until the beach crowds have left.

The immigration check northbound on the 5 is a common bottleneck. If going south, you can expect Carlsbad and the further south beaches to be tough going; but it generally moves. Hour and a half from Disneyland is aggressive but makeable.

There is an Amtrak / Surfliner option, from the ballpark or Fullerton area to Old Town relatively near Sea World.

-- Karl

TikiGeek
04-15-2005, 05:17 PM
We live 2 miles from SeaWorld - 1.5 hours from DL w/mild traffic. If there are accidents it could take you 3++ hours. The carpool lanes help but end at SJC. Welcome to SoCal.- Sun, Surf, Disneyland, SeaWorld and parking lots for freeways. ;)

ima_mickeyfan
04-15-2005, 05:56 PM
thanks for the traveling info. I think we are going to plan on staying the entire day there, but definatly come back to our hotel room. for the price we are paying for a suite @ DLH, I am not staying anywhere else!! lol :)