PDA

View Full Version : Park Hopper question

db's
04-15-2005, 12:57 PM
This is our first trip to Disneyland in June and we are wondering about the hopper tickets. I see the highest number of days is 5 days. I know this is a dumb question, but what if you want to go more days? Do you buy additional hoppers or buy by the day? Ususally we go back to the parks at Disneyworld many days in a row and usually have longer ticket options. Please advise.

Thanks

SarahJanet
04-15-2005, 01:00 PM
I think, actually, that at that point you might want to look into annual passes. Which sounds totally ridiculous, but it's $169 for five day hoppers and $209 for the basic annual pass.

Keep in mind, though, that there isn't as much to do in the DL parks as DW. I happily spent five days there and could have spent another two or three, but you don't need as much time to see everything.

mkcbunny
04-15-2005, 01:12 PM
Also, if you care about Early Entry, the AP doesn't have it. You can buy the 5-day pass [or any hopper pass] and upgrade at the park to the AP for a longer stay if you decide you want it. That would give you a few days to take advantage of Early Entry days first. But you also need to check the blackout dates for the park, as Saturdays in busier seasons are generally out for the lower level APs. A hopper would not only get you in on a Saturday, but in for Early Entry on Saturday, as well.

Depending on your schedule, I'm sure there's a way to plan your visit and ticket purchasing/upgrade to the best advantage.

Darkbeer
04-15-2005, 01:18 PM
ANother benefit of getting the 5 day ParkHopper first, if you decided you had enough, you could go visit other places, such as Universal Studios, Knott's, SeaWorld, or the beach, shopping, etc...

But if you want to, you could upgrade to an AP on the 5th day if you want to spend more time at the resort....

A nice way to keep your options open...

mkcbunny
04-15-2005, 01:23 PM
ANother benefit of getting the 5 day ParkHopper first, if you decided you had enough, you could go visit other places, such as Universal Studios, Knott's, SeaWorld, or the beach, shopping, etc...

Excellent idea!! There's also that special ticket that gets you into Disneyland/DLR, Sea World, and the SD Zoo, plus whatever else [the details escape me]. But I have never looked into that, as we don't take a car to Anaheim. [City Pass? Is that what it's called?]

Anyway, I second Darkbeer's suggestion, as it's the most flexible.

bradk
04-15-2005, 01:49 PM
yes, the southern california citypass - 3 day hopper bonus to DL, san diego zoo OR wild animal park, knotts berry farm and sea world

mkcbunny
04-15-2005, 01:58 PM
yes, the southern california citypass - 3 day hopper bonus to DL, san diego zoo OR wild animal park, knotts berry farm and sea world

You could cover half of your countdown list with that ticket, bradk. :)

bradk
04-15-2005, 02:00 PM
what do you think i was referencing when i wrote that? :) it's my most valued asset. bought it for $165 from costco. not even going to use the knotts admission and i still saved myself a lot of money.

mkcbunny
04-15-2005, 02:03 PM
what do you think i was referencing when i wrote that? :) it's my most valued asset. bought it for $165 from costco. not even going to use the knotts admission and i still saved myself a lot of money.
figured as much. you must be ready to burst by now.

pisces
04-15-2005, 02:10 PM
There do exist 6 and 7 day park hoppers. I got one on my last visit. They just aren't advertised as much, because the 2-5 are the most popular.

Last year, I got 7 days for the price of 6. That was the special last year. I don't know about this year. I think there is some sort of advance purchase discount.

Both AAA and Disney have 6 and 7 day park hoppers available, but they may differ as to any discounts available at the time of purchase. And, different AAA offices may differ in their discounts depending on what specials each individual AAA office is running.

I would say shop around and call different AAA offices and see if you can price match and compare and contrast prices.

It seems like the park hoppers are not all priced the same, in regards to different AAA offices, but they all should have 6 and 7 day ones.

bradk
04-15-2005, 03:41 PM
figured as much. you must be ready to burst by now.

beyond that. i have something else in the works right now that has me so excited, i don't even know what to do. but can't really talk about it now as much as i'd love to. :|

mkcbunny
04-15-2005, 03:45 PM
beyond that. i have something else in the works right now that has me so excited, i don't even know what to do. but can't really talk about it now as much as i'd love to. :|

Oh, you know we're all waiting now ... :)

And you KNOW you MUST file an extensive trip report when you get back. We're all sitting here like, "What WILL bradk's trip to DLR be like?"

Well, some of us anyway. ;)

sunnyca
04-16-2005, 08:22 AM
Costco is selling the Southern California City Pass for a cheaper price, and I know that they are also selling DL passes for cheaper too. I think 5 1-park entrances for $89. So you can't hop on one ticket. You'll have to use two tickets. But if you're planning on doing other things while you're here, besides DL, then it might save you some money. Enjoy your first trip to Disneyland!!!

SCUBAbe
04-16-2005, 08:31 AM
Costco is selling the Southern California City Pass for a cheaper price, and I know that they are also selling DL passes for cheaper too. I think 5 1-park entrances for $89. So you can't hop on one ticket. You'll have to use two tickets. But if you're planning on doing other things while you're here, besides DL, then it might save you some money. Enjoy your first trip to Disneyland!!!

I think the $89.00 price just covered 4 entrances to DL/DCA...:)

bradk
04-16-2005, 10:29 AM
the play 4 from costco has to be purchased in person from a store that sells them which i'm sure is limited to socal ones and it's meant for socal residents only.

sunnyca
04-17-2005, 10:00 PM
the play 4 from costco has to be purchased in person from a store that sells them which i'm sure is limited to socal ones and it's meant for socal residents only.

There's a Costco about 5-10 minutes away from Disneyland. Can't hurt to check it out and see if they have tickets left. Yes, it is probably meant for So Cal residents, but I don't think they'll check! :D

missm
05-11-2005, 02:59 PM
Last year, I got 7 days for the price of 6. That was the special last year. I don't know about this year. I think there is some sort of advance purchase discount.

Both AAA and Disney have 6 and 7 day park hoppers available, but they may differ as to any discounts available at the time of purchase. And, different AAA offices may differ in their discounts depending on what specials each individual AAA office is running.

Hey pisces, what state are you in? I am trying to get 6 or 7 day park hoppers for my next visit. Washington doesn't have the 6/7 day passes. Does anyone know if I can buy my passes from a different states AAA office or do I have to stick with WA? Also how do you buy them direct through Disney. Thanks for any info.

Mark Mywords
05-11-2005, 03:08 PM
So, when you upgrade a hopper to an AP, what's the discount? Do they subtract the full cost of the hopper towards the purchase, or what?

pisces
05-11-2005, 03:12 PM
You should call Disneyland.

I'm in Southern California, and my card says specifically "AAA of Southern California", so I've not had reason to go out of State, nor ever tried it.

However, there is an AAA Kiosk inside the original Park, right off Main Street near the Fire Station and City Hall. That AAA Kiosk has wonderful specials, and might be applicable to any State's AAA.

I don't know the number to that AAA Kiosk inside the Park, but someone, here, must have it.

SUMMARY: So, to get 6-7 day park hoppers, in general, call Disney Vacations. I don't have the number, but it must be on this, here, site somewhere.

But, to see if you can get in on some of the various AAA specials, being out of State and all......call the AAA Kiosk inside the Park.

That's my advice. Hope it helps.

bradk
05-11-2005, 03:25 PM
So, when you upgrade a hopper to an AP, what's the discount? Do they subtract the full cost of the hopper towards the purchase, or what?

yes. whatever you paid for the hopper is applied to the cost of the AP.

Mark Mywords
05-12-2005, 12:21 PM
Eeesh. I messed on tickets this year, then. We could have gotten early entry with the hoppers in our package, but I opted to just opt out on the tickets and purchase APs seperatedly, instead (giving up early entry in doing so).

(slaps forehead)
:(