PDA

View Full Version : Fantasmic Fireworks - Dumb Question

topmouse
04-15-2005, 07:16 AM
I understand that you need to be over by the Rivers of America to watch the show -- where is that located? Alternatively, is there a better place to see the show? Surprising a 7 yr old in June and NEED to see the show.

stan4d_steph
04-15-2005, 07:19 AM
Rivers of America is the water that surrounds Tom Sawyer Island. There are viewing areas for Fantasmic! all around the edge of ROA.

The best location to see the show is near the middle light tower, which is in the vicinity of the POTC entrance. This area gives you the best view of the action on the island.

bradk
04-15-2005, 07:29 AM
forgive me for this, but here's a map of disneyland:

http://www.mouseforless.com/tripplanning/images/resortmaps/DL_DL.gif

you can see the rivers of america quite clearly on the left side of the park, in the frontierland/new orleans area. fantasmic plays to the new orleans square side (tom sawyer's island is part of the 'stage').

if you have only one night there, i highly recommend that you attend the second fantasmic show at 10:30 assuming there is one and view the fireworks from the hub in the area in front of sleeping beauty castle.

also, if you want to make the surprise that more special, you can arrange for viewing from the balcony of the disney gallery (i believe it's currently $54pp). you can do that up to 30 days out, although you want to arrange for balcony exactly 30 days out since they limit it to ~20 people and it sells out fast (moreso for the first show than the second i imagine). the balcony viewing is dead center. there's also reserved riverside seating which i believe is by the haunted mansion and there it should be $10 less for a child than adult. in either case, you have a dessert buffet offered to you (although the riverside one has been plated, if that makes a difference).

you should also be aware that if you don't want to do the buffet, for the first show, people start staking out their spots up to 4 hours before showtime. obviously this is easier for the second show which i would again recommend, or consider the buffet and worry only about getting there as early as you want.

topmouse
04-15-2005, 07:43 AM
forgive me for this, but here's a map of disneyland:

http://www.mouseforless.com/tripplanning/images/resortmaps/DL_DL.gif

you can see the rivers of america quite clearly on the left side of the park, in the frontierland/new orleans area. fantasmic plays to the new orleans square side (tom sawyer's island is part of the 'stage').

if you have only one night there, i highly recommend that you attend the second fantasmic show at 10:30 assuming there is one and view the fireworks from the hub in the area in front of sleeping beauty castle.

also, if you want to make the surprise that more special, you can arrange for viewing from the balcony of the disney gallery (i believe it's currently $54pp). you can do that up to 30 days out, although you want to arrange for balcony exactly 30 days out since they limit it to ~20 people and it sells out fast (moreso for the first show than the second i imagine). the balcony viewing is dead center. there's also reserved riverside seating which i believe is by the haunted mansion and there it should be $10 less for a child than adult. in either case, you have a dessert buffet offered to you (although the riverside one has been plated, if that makes a difference).

you should also be aware that if you don't want to do the buffet, for the first show, people start staking out their spots up to 4 hours before showtime. obviously this is easier for the second show which i would again recommend, or consider the buffet and worry only about getting there as early as you want.

I figured that big area of water on the map was "Rivers of America" but just wanted to be sure. Thanks for everyone's responses.