PDA

View Full Version : Everybody go "Awwww"

Pages : [1] 2

HorizonsA
04-14-2005, 06:26 PM
One of our Disneyland ducks is now a mother. She was swimming in the Rivers of America near the Port with her 5+ chicks. They were adorable.

Other news to report:

They finally cleaned out the gum from the Pirates of the Caribbean bridge. I don't know how it's been like that, but that was just digusting to look at, I mean, what if one of those pieces of gum fell. eewwww.

The Haunted Mansion needs a little maintenance. For the second time in a month I have noticed that one of the marble busts is off-que. His mouth moves when the others don't, and vice versa. And some of the audio kept skipping.

The blue and white paint scheme for Tomorrowland looks gorgeous. It feels more "futuristic." Now all they have to do is paint the hand rails surrounding the Astro Orbitor blue (or white) and that will be great. And, you know, I don't think the Astro Orbitor would look bad if they painted it white and the rocket ship could be white with red lights in the front. Just a thought.

And after viewing the Space Mountain sign with my own eyes, "Rockit" is there. Pretty amazing.

Disneynerd
04-14-2005, 06:33 PM
ducks.....awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

MrsG
04-14-2005, 06:43 PM
One of our Disneyland ducks is now a mother. She was swimming in the Rivers of America near the Port with her 5+ chicks. They were adorable.
I saw the little ducklings hanging around the grassy area on the right side of the castle. Custodial whites were keeping the male ducks away while mommy duck taught baby ducks how to be good little Disneyland ducks and eat popcorn.

I also saw 2 different babies with mommy in the waters by entrance to Adventureland.

ILoveChurros
04-14-2005, 06:45 PM
Awwwwwwww

Now, the Pirates news, that was info I needed. I'm so glad they decided to clean off all that yucky ABC gum.

Earkid
04-14-2005, 06:59 PM
They finally cleaned out the gum from the Pirates of the Caribbean bridge. I don't know how it's been like that, but that was just digusting to look at, I mean, what if one of those pieces of gum fell. eewwww.Don't worry, it will be back again soon. :rolleyes:

Viva La Disney
04-14-2005, 07:58 PM
They finally cleaned out the gum from the Pirates of the Caribbean bridge.

YAY!!!!!! :D

Viva La Disney
04-14-2005, 07:59 PM
Don't worry, it will be back again soon. :rolleyes:

I know...it's sad :crying: (and GROSS!!! :eek: )

SarahJanet
04-14-2005, 08:40 PM
Oh, I have pictures of those ducklings. Should I upload them for y'all?

SarahJanet
04-14-2005, 09:45 PM
Here you go. I couldn't quite get all of them - they move fast! Duckies! (http://www.flickr.com/photos/11828546@N00/9455318/)

cstephens
04-14-2005, 09:53 PM
It's springtime, so duckies are everywhere. We saw a bunch of them with mom in the waters around Fantasia Gardens about a month ago, and a couple weeks ago, we saw another mom with her duckies in the lagoon in DCA next to the seating for Lucky Fortune.

RStar
04-14-2005, 09:59 PM
Duckies- Awwwwww!

Great Picture, thanks!

Gum- Ewwwww!

What a bunch of juvinile twits to think it's cool to vandalise with gum.

Opus1guy
04-14-2005, 11:15 PM
Ummmm. Kentucky Fried Chickies.

;)

SoCalDude
04-14-2005, 11:18 PM
I saw LOTS of baby ducks today between DCA and DL - must be that time!

Susan L
04-15-2005, 06:35 AM
AWWWWW I love baby ducks, our neighbors raise ducks.

Good news about Pirates that was disgusting.

I can't wait to see Tomorrowland, and you are right a new paint job for Astro Orbitors is a must.

Thanks for the update.

olegc
04-15-2005, 07:11 AM
The Haunted Mansion needs a little maintenance. For the second time in a month I have noticed that one of the marble busts is off-que. His mouth moves when the others don't, and vice versa. And some of the audio kept skipping.

Not only that - but the scrims are SO dirty already - plenty of spit wads lodged in there during the graveyard scene. It takes so long to clean those that I doubt it will be done before summer. It's a shame, really, because that's a sign of people who don't have respect for others enjoyment or property.

stan4d_steph
04-15-2005, 07:13 AM
Keep your eye out for the night heron. He likes to eat little ducks.

jetkitten
04-15-2005, 07:29 AM
I went to disneyland yesterday (because I had to bug bomb the house) and saw a sad duck. She had a big cut on her her and her left eye was damaged. It was a fairly new injury, looked like she got caught by a boat or some machinery. she has 8 babies that look to be about three or four days old. One of them is a mix (i know alot of ducks there are but this one you can really tell) and it's very dark and fuzzy.

There are so many age groups of ducklings right now and it's just so much fun to watch them grow.

I personelly have two baby turkeys at the moment. Oh are they the sweetest little birds. I love my turkeys.

bradk
04-15-2005, 07:39 AM
One of them is a mix (i know alot of ducks there are but this one you can really tell) and it's very dark and fuzzy.

maybe it'll grow up to be a beautiful swan and inspire a disney movie.

MrsG
04-15-2005, 08:47 AM
Not only that - but the scrims are SO dirty already - plenty of spit wads lodged in there during the graveyard scene. It takes so long to clean those that I doubt it will be done before summer. It's a shame, really, because that's a sign of people who don't have respect for others enjoyment or property.
They'll probably wait until Grad Nites are over to do the major cleaning. :rolleyes:

HorizonsA
04-15-2005, 08:48 AM
maybe it'll grow up to be a beautiful swan and inspire a disney movie.

Or maybe it will get a promotion and will get the honor of swimming in the Sleepin Beauty Castle moat.

mkcbunny
04-15-2005, 09:13 AM
"Oooooh, I get my wings clipped! Yay!"

When we hit Magic Kingdom for the first time last May, not only were there ducklings, there were bunnies intermingled with them. They came out at dusk to hop around the grassy knolls around the castle. Apparently, the "wild bunnies" have found their way into the park. Just tooooo adorable.

MrsG
04-15-2005, 12:10 PM
When we hit Magic Kingdom for the first time last May, not only were there ducklings, there were bunnies intermingled with them. They came out at dusk to hop around the grassy knolls around the castle. Apparently, the "wild bunnies" have found their way into the park. Just tooooo adorable.
Oh, bunnies! Must see! I'm assuming you were at WDW. I'll never make it. :(

AVP
04-15-2005, 12:22 PM
Keep your eye out for the night heron. He likes to eat little ducks.Yep, I got to watch that with my own two eyes. He snagged one out of the Rivers while I was sitting on the Mark Twain in dock. He flew to the tree above a popcorn card out front of Pirates, and had his lunch.

I never bought popcorn in Frontierland again.

AVP

HorizonsA
04-15-2005, 12:31 PM
Yep, I got to watch that with my own two eyes. He snagged one out of the Rivers while I was sitting on the Mark Twain in dock. He flew to the tree above a popcorn card out front of Pirates, and had his lunch.

I never bought popcorn in Frontierland again.

AVP

That's awful :mad: and sad :crying: . Poor baby duckies.

mkcbunny
04-15-2005, 12:43 PM
That's awful :mad: and sad :crying: . Poor baby duckies.

Night herons need to eat, too.