PDA

View Full Version : Parking Lot Trams

wotruba-disney
04-14-2005, 05:44 PM
When we stay at the Days Inn on Ball Road starting Sunday 4-17, may we use the parking garage tram? Is it hard to find from the street? Please don't ask if I'm excited. I'm almost 63 years old and might need adult Pampers tomorrow or Saturday. I hope we get to fly on the new Alaska Airlines Tinkerbell jet!!

HorizonsA
04-14-2005, 06:30 PM
I would think that they would have shuttles from the hotel to Disneyland. But if not, I'm not sure how you would access the tram from the street. I think you'd have to walk to the Downtown Disney entrance, walk into the Pinocchio Parking Lot, cross the crosswalk to get into the tram stop, and voila. That's still quite a bit of walking though.

Disney4ever
04-16-2005, 06:14 PM
I remember seeing a previous post on this and someone mentionned that you could walk across the parking lot of the Days Inn into the Mickey parking lot and then get on the tram. Can someone confirm this, as we too will be at the same Days Inn.

Mermaid
04-16-2005, 10:07 PM
I stayed at this Days Inn a few years back and I thought I'd be able to cross the lot. Unless I was clueless, there was no way to do this. You also could not walk the 1/2 block to the structure b/c that is where the on ramp to the freeway is. You had to go down to the light, cross the street, walk down to the light where Pinnochio is, cross back and walk over to the tram. It was a LONG walk, especially to go 1/2 block!!! It was the same distance to just walk to Downtown Disney. All in all it was about a 10-15 minute walk which felt way way longer at the end of the day! I would drive to the lot or take ART. Just my two cents!!

Disney4ever
04-17-2005, 07:42 AM
That wasn't the answer I wanted to hear! :( . When we first arrive in the afternoon, I wanted to just head on over to Downtown Disney to walk around - don't think it is worth paying the parking fee for a couple of hours. ART is the city transportation right? Any idea of cost? Any chance I could park at the Wilderness Lodge and pretend I was visiting someone?

MsYumiBr
04-17-2005, 07:46 AM
Park at DTD and eat there or something. You can get parking validated for 4 hours (as I recall).

jon80flt
04-17-2005, 07:49 AM
That wasn't the answer I wanted to hear! :( . When we first arrive in the afternoon, I wanted to just head on over to Downtown Disney to walk around - don't think it is worth paying the parking fee for a couple of hours. ART is the city transportation right? Any idea of cost? Any chance I could park at the Wilderness Lodge and pretend I was visiting someone?

You can park at DTD for 2 hours, for free. Plus more time with validation from certain restaurants.

Have a fun time!
Jon

evrythngwmn
04-17-2005, 08:19 AM
Funny I was just thinking about this scenario last night as I exited the Ball Cast Member Lot and almost ran over guests that stepped in front of me. ;) Leaving the Days Inn you would walk toward the Budget Inn and Courtesy Inn which are next to it. You will come to West Place which is the entrance to the Ball Cast Member Lot. Enter the lot and go to the structure. There will be stairs in the corner as you approach it. Go up to the second floor, walk the length of the structure heading South. When you reach the other end take the escalator or elevator (not the stairs again) to the tram loading area.

Also, Downtown Disney gives you three free hours of parking with two additional hours with validation for a max of five hours free.

Disney4ever
04-17-2005, 08:42 AM
Bless you evrythngwmn! Great directions - most appreciated! Plus, I completely forgot about the free parking in DTD - we usually stay along Harbor Blvd and just walk over...never been to the "west side" of the park so it is a learning process....4 more sleeps!!!!

evrythngwmn
04-17-2005, 08:43 AM
Bless you evrythngwmn! Great directions - most appreciated! Plus, I completely forgot about the free parking in DTD - we usually stay along Harbor Blvd and just walk over...never been to the "west side" of the park so it is a learning process....4 more sleeps!!!!

Glad to help. Hope you have a great trip.