PDA

View Full Version : Block Party Cone in Esplanade

Disney Vault
04-14-2005, 12:42 PM
http://www.miboards.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24171

Here (http://img95.echo.cx/my.php?image=bpbcone0xh.jpg) is a picture for those who don't have an account for that website. It was taken by MintCrocodile at MIBoard.com

It has a video screen in the cone that informs people about the upcoming parade.

tod
04-14-2005, 02:24 PM
Is there one on the other "A" as well?

--t

Disney Vault
04-14-2005, 02:30 PM
Nope, there is only one. Has anyone here seen it? I was wondering what the video they show is. Is this (http://www.putfile.com/media.php?n=117) it?

Earkid
04-14-2005, 05:22 PM
Ugh, if that was anymore of an eyesore they could call it modern art.

Disney Vault
04-14-2005, 05:26 PM
Ugh, if that was anymore of an eyesore they could call it modern art.
I think it fits in with the entrance of DCA. There is already so much clutter and randomness there :p

On a side note I like DCA but the one thing I can't stand is the entrance.

garcialouie
04-14-2005, 08:43 PM
Saw it this evening and the video is of the new parade at DCA. It is much of the video they showed at the Cast Blast.

SoCalDude
04-14-2005, 11:15 PM
I HAAAAAAAAATE this!!!!!! I saw it today and my jaw DROPPED when I saw it :mad:

WHY did they have to cover up THAT letter A for it? argggggggg

Ok - my reason for this is my Daughter's (see avatar) name is Cali - and we often take pics of her in various poses with the "CALI" part of the "CALIFORNIA" in the background. This is really a tradition with us (not one we do everytime, but still lol).

I really hope they take it down SOON. Our pictures will not look right with a "C(CONE)LI"

tod
04-15-2005, 08:16 AM
I HAAAAAAAAATE this!!!!!! I saw it today and my jaw DROPPED when I saw it :mad:

WHY did they have to cover up THAT letter A for it? argggggggg

Ok - my reason for this is my Daughter's (see avatar) name is Cali - and we often take pics of her in various poses with the "CALI" part of the "CALIFORNIA" in the background. This is really a tradition with us (not one we do everytime, but still lol).

I really hope they take it down SOON. Our pictures will not look right with a "C(CONE)LI"

Gee, I like the anomalies myself, like when they installed red panels and halos on both A's when the Angels were in the World Series. You can get a regular picture any time.

--t
proud owner of a family picture in front of the wrapped castle

CrazyTrain
04-15-2005, 08:22 AM
That picture's not working :(

SCUBAbe
04-15-2005, 08:25 AM
I like it...but then again I like change...:)

Darkbeer
04-15-2005, 12:27 PM
FYI, it is the "Main Entry Plaza", not the esplanade.

DCACM
04-15-2005, 04:11 PM
I guess they're transitioning to a new name for the area. The average person doesn't know what an "esplanade" is. Both terms are appropriate, in fact, most CMs call it the "Esplanade".

FYI, it is the "Main Entry Plaza", not the esplanade.

Deogge's Mom
04-15-2005, 09:11 PM
Nope, there is only one. Has anyone here seen it? I was wondering what the video they show is. Is this (http://www.putfile.com/media.php?n=117) it?

That's it. The same big cone is in the tram loading area at the Mickey & Friends Parking structure.

Darkbeer
04-15-2005, 10:22 PM
I guess they're transitioning to a new name for the area. The average person doesn't know what an "esplanade" is. Both terms are appropriate, in fact, most CMs call it the "Esplanade".

But Disney stopped calling it the "Esplanade" in late 2001, and went to the expense of changing ALL the maps to reflect the new name, "Main Entry Plaza"...

The same folks that can't change the DtD maps when a new store opens, went to major expense over 3 years ago because the name did not connect with most guests...

Officially, to Disney, there is no "esplanade" for over 3 years...

AaronInCal
04-15-2005, 11:59 PM
As recently as our last rains we had, there were new "Cation! Wet Floor" pylon things in the Entry Plaza (near the ticket booths and on the compass in the center), and written on them along the bottom said "Esplanade." So it is still used by some CMs, even if it is no longer officially used. So some people may just be used to calling it Esplanade still.

evrythngwmn
04-16-2005, 09:06 AM
But Disney stopped calling it the "Esplanade" in late 2001, and went to the expense of changing ALL the maps to reflect the new name, "Main Entry Plaza"...

The same folks that can't change the DtD maps when a new store opens, went to major expense over 3 years ago because the name did not connect with most guests...

Officially, to Disney, there is no "esplanade" for over 3 years...

I think it takes longer for things to die amongst CMs (especially when they keep teaching and using old terms). There is no longer a Central First Aid (CFA) or a blue channel (primary radio channel) but many people still use the terms. They were both gone before I came to work for DLR three and half years ago. They're so commonplace though, that they're still brought up in training.

SoCalDude
04-16-2005, 04:05 PM
Gee, I like the anomalies myself, like when they installed red panels and halos on both A's when the Angels were in the World Series. You can get a regular picture any time.

--t
proud owner of a family picture in front of the wrapped castle

well glad you see it that way. I do not. The Angels A's were still an 'A' - this is a big ugly cone. And as far as getting a picture anytime kids grow and it is nice to get a little timeline of her in front of her name. So ya, sorry if you do not agree but I am not happy about this in any way.

tod
04-16-2005, 04:26 PM
well glad you see it that way. I do not. The Angels A's were still an 'A' - this is a big ugly cone. And as far as getting a picture anytime kids grow and it is nice to get a little timeline of her in front of her name. So ya, sorry if you do not agree but I am not happy about this in any way.

I like the anomalies, you don't. This is why they have so many flavors at the ice cream store.

I hope you can get a good picture while you're here.

--t

evrythngwmn
04-17-2005, 08:04 AM
First of all it's loud. Thank God they had the sound off last night. Also, it's so flipping bright. I was working out on the "esplanade" :~D last night and I kept seeing flashes of light. I looked several times to see what was wrong and/or causing it and it was that stupid cone. It's visible on the inside entry plaza of Disneyland. Again, I think it must go soon.