PDA

View Full Version : MAGIC.....With a touch of class.

Rallymonkey23
01-11-2002, 11:46 PM
Hi everyone! I just got back from a day at "the happiest place on earth"(and it's neighbor.hehe) and all I have to say is I am NEVER dissapointed about my visits. I am an annual passholder but live 100 miles away. So obviously I don't make it down there as much as I would like to. Now, before I tell you what happened, I want to let you know that I did not know that The Power Of Blast is not playing on Fridays now. Anyways, we did the usual things when we got there, rides, games, shows,etc.... And then after getting a bite to eat I looked at the park guide to see when the first show of "Blast" was. It said 1:45. So we decided to go catch the show. We arived at the Hyperion theater. And to my surprise I saw alot of people in suit and ties, dresses...you get my drift. So I went over and asked the CM working there what was going on. And she explained to me that Nikkon was having a convention there and there would be no shows of " Blast" today. Well, I was pretty upset at the fact that they have been advertising on T.V. about the show and did not say anything about the days being closed. So I went to Customer Relations and made a complaint about the situation. The lady there was so nice about it and offered me food vouchers worth $30.00! So I accepted the vouchers and had a nice dinner. Was that a classy move on Disney or what?? Sorry about the long post. I just thought all of you would like to heard about it.

Nigel2
01-11-2002, 11:56 PM
That was nice, but rember part of the disney manta is "Subject to change without notice", still a food voucher was nice.

driftwood714
01-12-2002, 12:44 AM
That's why it's always good to CALL before you come down. Why waste a trip if what you want is not showing/open? The Power of Blast plays everyday except Tuesdays. It seems lately there are some special occasions like holidays or special events that mess it up. But thats why you CALL first.

It's just ONE cast working 6, sometimes 7, days a week performing up to 4 shows per day. That's a lot of work.

Rallymonkey23
01-12-2002, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by driftwood714
That's why it's always good to CALL before you come down. Why waste a trip if what you want is not showing/open? The Power of Blast plays everyday except Tuesdays. It seems lately there are some special occasions like holidays or special events that mess it up. But thats why you CALL first.

It's just ONE cast working 6, sometimes 7, days a week performing up to 4 shows per day. That's a lot of work.
Driftwood714,
I did call before comming down. And that was one of the problems. The lady said that the convention was a last minute thing that Disney felt that they had to accomidate. (god knows they need the buisness there.)

driftwood714
01-13-2002, 12:53 AM
Oh ok. Alot of times people never call to find this stuff out. Sorry. I assumed you were one of "those people". :) Maybe next time you go to DCA it'll be playing.