PDA

View Full Version : Turtle talk coming to DCA

Disney Vault
04-14-2005, 11:30 AM
http://www.miceage.com/allutz/al041205c.htm

During the media frenzy on May 5th they'll also be hyping the addition of the popular Turtle Talk show to the Disney Animation pavilion in the small theater that the One Man's Dream Walt Disney film had been playing in until recently. Turtle Talk is planned to open on July 16th during the smaller weekend media event that will surround the actual 50th Anniversary on Sunday, July 17th.
Al from Miceage says turlte talk will be coming to the animation building in DCA.

Andrew
04-14-2005, 12:07 PM
It's a fun and very popular attraction at Epcot's Living Seas. I wonder how it will play in the Animation exhibit at DCA? Seems like it would be more likely to go in...
in...
okay, I can't think of anywhere in DCA or Disneyland where it would really fit.

Disney Vault
04-14-2005, 12:20 PM
I think it would fit in the wharf. And there were plans for a while to put it into ariel's grotto.

lauras5boys
04-14-2005, 12:47 PM
Oh how fun! I know my boys will be looking forward to that.

bradk
04-14-2005, 12:50 PM
it'd probably fit well enough anywhere in PixarWorld.

oops, i mean DCA.

bassett1976
04-14-2005, 01:58 PM
My wife and I got to visit Crush at WDW last December. It's so much fun. I can't wait to check it out in DCA. Did I just say that? (wondering if he's ever said he wanted to check something out in DCA before)

MsYumiBr
04-14-2005, 02:19 PM
Oh this is great! I can't wait. My husband sounds just like Crush. All of his sisters thinks so too. Hence, we are all big Crush fans. It'll be so fun to compare. lol.

DCADude
04-22-2005, 08:28 PM
I think turtle talk, block party bash and monsters inc. are capable of boosting the attendace to over 6 million next year.

mraw
04-22-2005, 08:35 PM
Oh this is great! I can't wait. My husband sounds just like Crush. All of his sisters thinks so too. Hence, we are all big Crush fans. It'll be so fun to compare. lol.

If your husband sounds just like Crush, you might want to keep your ears open for possible voice auditions for Crush. I think they chose 7 guys initally at Epcot. It's kind of funny to me, because in one show I went to, the guy started off sounding like Crush, but by the end of the show, he pretty much spoke in a regular voice...

DCADude
04-22-2005, 08:37 PM
I dont blame him lol. its probably alot of work all day lol.

Disney Vault
04-22-2005, 09:12 PM
I think turtle talk, block party bash and monsters inc. are capable of boosting the attendace to over 6 million next year.
I think it will too. I think just in general with the 50th and all the people who go to the esort for Disneyland will really help DCA.

DCADude
04-23-2005, 07:48 AM
especially on the 5th. DL will prob have so many people that they will have to make people go to DCA.

MsYumiBr
04-23-2005, 08:17 AM
If your husband sounds just like Crush, you might want to keep your ears open for possible voice auditions for Crush. I think they chose 7 guys initally at Epcot. It's kind of funny to me, because in one show I went to, the guy started off sounding like Crush, but by the end of the show, he pretty much spoke in a regular voice...

Well, my husband retires from the Navy in a little over a year. Maybe if he can't find a job. I could just see my husband working at DCA. I thought *sounding* like Crush was funny enough. But working there? hahahahahaha! Maybe I should call up his friends who also sound like Crush. They live in OC. (Oh and I just read this post to him and he said, "Well I can't help it!) LOL.

DCADude
04-23-2005, 09:23 AM
lol thats so funny. he might have fun with it though u never know.

got2travel
04-23-2005, 09:53 AM
This is cool. We talked to Crush in Dec at WDW, my son actually got called on twice to ask questions. I probably enjoyed it as much as my son. Its not that Crush just talks to you. But he looks at you and makes the appropriate facial expressions too. Its a really well put together attraction.

MsYumiBr
04-23-2005, 10:03 AM
I'll suggest it to him when it gets closer to the time. He always has fun with characters. You should have seen him as Santa one year with that accent. His co-worker was laughing so hard (between the accent and another co-worker as his elf with bells on his elf shoes) he had to hide behind the coke machine while he had a hysterical fit. DH used to be in the Drama Club in High School so he'd probably make a great Crush. He is not shy by any means when it comes to an audience and he's loud. I remember when he was 22 and came to my parents' house and had this beat up Huckleberry Finn hat with bermuda shorts and a hawaiian shirt over a t-shirt. Talk about classic. All he'd have to do is dress the way he normally dresses and walk into the audition. Now if he can only grow his hair long again. lol. I've never seen the show so what would he need to do other than the *script*?

mraw
04-23-2005, 01:37 PM
This is cool. We talked to Crush in Dec at WDW, my son actually got called on twice to ask questions. I probably enjoyed it as much as my son. Its not that Crush just talks to you. But he looks at you and makes the appropriate facial expressions too. Its a really well put together attraction.

I was able to see how they work the attraction, and (without spoling it) it's VERY simple yet fun! I've also heard of Crush getting tongue tied as well- it happens.

evrythngwmn
04-25-2005, 09:43 AM
So what exactly is this attraction? How does it work? I'm trying to envision it in the Animation space and just not wrapping my brain around it.

bradk
04-25-2005, 09:48 AM
http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/wdw/entertainment/entertainmentDetail?id=TurtleTalkwithCrushEntertai nmentPage

it's a lot like stitch from what i understand, but it's an interactive show

bassett1976
04-25-2005, 10:14 AM
So what exactly is this attraction? How does it work? I'm trying to envision it in the Animation space and just not wrapping my brain around it.

First, you sit in a small room. The smaller kids are encouraged to come down and sit in the front on the floor.

When the show starts, Crush swims onto the screen (They give a technical term for it though). He starts talking to everyone in the room. Then he goes around and asks questions of specific people (he calls them by shell colors, aka shirt colors). The time my wife and I went was a blast. Crush has a really good sense of humor and his facial expressions actually move. It was a lot of fun and I can't wait to see it again!

Disney Vault
04-25-2005, 02:15 PM
laughingplace.com has a great video of turtle talk but I can't seem to find it.

Viva La Disney
04-25-2005, 02:57 PM
I this going to replace anything (like Drawn to Animation)?And if so,is it permanent,or only for the 50th :confused:

evrythngwmn
04-26-2005, 08:09 AM
It's replacing "One Man's Dream" in the Screening room. Since they've totally demoed that room I'm going to say the change is permanent (as permanent as anything can be at a Disney park).