PDA

View Full Version : Regis and Kelly at DL

Pages : [1] 2

Disney Vault
04-14-2005, 11:28 AM
http://tvplex.go.com/buenavista/regisandkelly/showinfo/tickets_parks.html

Anyone going to the parks on May 8th? Regis and Kelly will be there. I will have to tape this.

Christiii
04-14-2005, 11:34 AM
I took my mom when we they were there last year..it was fun...my mom is a huge Reeeeg fan...if you go...line up EEAAARRRLLYYYYY.....we thought we did....but were sitting in the middle (they blocked off Hollywood Blvd in DCA, and had the stage in the back by the Hyperion)...We ended up sitting in the middle, and couldnt see very well..the only good seats are right up front..since there is no elevated seating.....

AmandasDad
04-14-2005, 01:50 PM
Ahh, crud. I'm going to be there on the 8th. I guess that means the crowds will be even bigger than I thought.

sami869
04-14-2005, 01:50 PM
We were in the park about a year ago while they were taping a show. I don't have TV, I didn't watch Regis and whoever that other girl was back when I had TV, I didn't know or care about any of the guests that were on that day. It was super crowded and trying to get to the Aladdin show was hell. :( Also, for those planning to watch and or film this, keep in mind that it's not really live so it won't be airing the same day they are there filming.

Christiii
04-14-2005, 01:53 PM
Ahh, crud. I'm going to be there on the 8th. I guess that means the crowds will be even bigger than I thought.
awww..just go with the flow and write in for tix!! you get free passes into the park with them...dont worry...BE HAPPY! :D

tod
04-14-2005, 02:22 PM
Could be Regis and Kathie Lee.

--t

Disney Vault
04-14-2005, 02:30 PM
We were in the park about a year ago while they were taping a show. I don't have TV, I didn't watch Regis and whoever that other girl was back when I had TV, I didn't know or care about any of the guests that were on that day. It was super crowded and trying to get to the Aladdin show was hell. :( Also, for those planning to watch and or film this, keep in mind that it's not really live so it won't be airing the same day they are there filming.
Does it air the next day then? :confused:

Christiii
04-14-2005, 02:31 PM
yeah..usually its the next day...this taping is for a Sunday...Mothers Day...great Mothers Day gift idea..and the tix are free too!! You better mail for them today tho...

bradk
04-14-2005, 03:34 PM
if i recall correctly, they are doing 2 shows on the 8th which will give them enough time to get to WDW for the 11th which probably will be live.

Christiii
04-14-2005, 03:42 PM
well...they were at DCA for a week or so last year, and all the shows were shown 1 day later...so Im sure its the same way this time..

RStar
04-14-2005, 03:53 PM
I don't think Regis and Kathy will be drawing thousands of extra people. However, it is mother's day and a Sunday so it could be a little extra crowded because of everything together.....

DCACM
04-14-2005, 04:16 PM
Only a handful of park guests will be able to get seats for the taping via a stand-by line (not sure how many).

To guarantee yourself a seat, you have to get tickets from the Regis and Kelly website: http://tvplex.go.com/buenavista/regisandkelly/showinfo/tickets_parks.html

serendipityaey
04-14-2005, 04:31 PM
if i recall correctly, they are doing 2 shows on the 8th which will give them enough time to get to WDW for the 11th which probably will be live.

Yeah, that's probably exactly right. They were filming two shows on the 8th, and i'm sure since WDW is on the east coast they will be able to do it live. :)

I Heart Disneyland!
04-14-2005, 04:44 PM
http://tvplex.go.com/buenavista/regisandkelly/showinfo/tickets_parks.html

Anyone going to the parks on May 8th? Regis and Kelly will be there. I will have to tape this.

I'll be there! Thanks for the heads up!

I Heart Disneyland!
04-14-2005, 04:46 PM
Could be Regis and Kathie Lee.

--t

Hilarious Tod!!!!! I love it! hahaha!

Disneynerd
04-14-2005, 06:16 PM
Does anyone know who the guests will be? Call me cheesey, but Kelly cracks me up. Give 'em a chance!

RStar
04-14-2005, 10:12 PM
Does anyone know who the guests will be? Call me cheesey, but Kelly cracks me up. Give 'em a chance!
Madona and Kathy Lee....

J/K

:)

sdfilmcritic
04-14-2005, 11:07 PM
Haven't they been showing up to DCA every year for the last couple of years?

Opus1guy
04-14-2005, 11:13 PM
Regis and Kelly at DL

Suddenly, fried chicken dinner at Knott's never sounded so good!

sdfilmcritic
04-14-2005, 11:14 PM
Suddenly, fried chicken dinner at Knott's never sounded so good!Can't Kelly at least join us for the chicken dinner? :D

CrazyTrain
04-15-2005, 08:16 AM
Ooh, it's tempting! I love them... I grew up on them (well, Regis and Kathie Lee) back when they were just a cheesy little local show. It'd be fun to go to a taping. Hmm, very tempting!

tod
04-15-2005, 08:19 AM
I just realized something.

They're taping a show called "Live with Regis and Kelly"?

Don't words mean anything any more?

--t

bradk
04-15-2005, 08:36 AM
technically speaking, not really. just call it Taped Live with Regis and Kelly

many talk shows are 'taped live' which just means they're being taped in real time (even with commercial breaks) with the intent of requiring very litle editing.

tod
04-15-2005, 09:01 AM
technically speaking, not really. just call it Taped Live with Regis and Kelly

many talk shows are 'taped live' which just means they're being taped in real time (even with commercial breaks) with the intent of requiring very litle editing.

I know that. I worked in TV for years. The Tonight Show has been "taped live" for decades, going back to Jack Paar.

I just think when the show is called "Live," it should be live. Saturday Night Live is live, although we see it here in the West on a delay instead of at 8:30 in the middle of prime time. "Live with Regis and Kelly" isn't live. Would it have killed them to call it "Morning with Regis and Kelly"?

--t

bradk
04-15-2005, 09:04 AM
isn't 'Live' normally on a delay as well? I was under the impression that possibly with the exception of sporting events, most live programming is delayed by 3 hours on the west coast. I think even certain syndicated radio shows are even delayed out there.