PDA

View Full Version : Ariel's Grotto

db's
04-13-2005, 08:58 PM
Does Ariel appear as a character at the character dining at Ariel's? I read somewhere that she is not appearing.

Niwel
04-13-2005, 09:12 PM
She appears in her grotto at Disneyland -- but not AT the restaurant Ariel's Grotto in DCA (becuase she's always in mermaid garb and can't move around)

sdfilmcritic
04-13-2005, 09:16 PM
She appears in her grotto at Disneyland -- but not AT the restaurant Ariel's Grotto in DCA (becuase she's always in mermaid garb and can't move around)To solve the problem at the DCA restaurant they should have had her in the Land Princess mode so she could greet the guests. But they changed the theme of the restaurant instead to Mickey and Friends.

Mark Goldhaber
04-13-2005, 09:52 PM
To solve the problem at the DCA restaurant they should have had her in the Land Princess mode so she could greet the guests.
That's what they're apparently doing at the Princess Storybook Breakfast at Epcot's Norway pavilion.

Rhiannon8404
04-13-2005, 10:06 PM
We saw Ariel at Ariel's Grotto in DCA both times we ate there (4/03 and 11/04). She was in mermaid mode and they wheeled her around on a seashell or something like that. It was pretty cool.

Have they stopped doing this?

charpaul
04-13-2005, 10:13 PM
Ariel is no longer in residence at Ariel's Grotto (DCA) - It now has Mickey presiding over the events. I think there is even MORE character interaction now than before. They still have Chip & Dale, Goofy, Pluto - but now you MAY even see the rest of the Fab 5 visiting with the dining guests.

Wendi
04-13-2005, 10:42 PM
We saw Ariel at Ariel's Grotto in DCA both times we ate there (4/03 and 11/04). She was in mermaid mode and they wheeled her around on a seashell or something like that. It was pretty cool.

Have they stopped doing this?

Yes, they stopped at the end of last year. We saw her in November 2004, but soon after they changed over to Mickey Mouse and said so long to Ariel. I think they should've kept here there at least until they could afford a new sign and a new name for the place!!! (Maybe she and Mickey don't get along :confused: )