PDA

View Full Version : 25th Birthday

Randi
04-13-2005, 08:11 PM
I am heading to Disneyland for my 25th Birthday - late in May. We have made priority seating arrangements for Blue Bayou, and are planning on seeing Fantasmic (balcony) if possible (not 30 days yet!)

What other things, if any, would do in celebration of your birthday? I have tried to find everything maybe a little "extravagant" even to do - but more things keep coming up.

I've been to Disneyland some 5+ times - and have never once seen the Electrical Light Parade - that is a MUST for me this time - would paying to see it balcony side be worth it? Or just hang out and watch it on the ground side? What are the options for people with bad backs who can't just sit on the ground?

Thanks in advance!
Randi

sediment
04-13-2005, 08:36 PM
I've been to Disneyland some 5+ times - and have never once seen the Electrical Light Parade - that is a MUST for me this time - would paying to see it balcony side be worth it? Or just hang out and watch it on the ground side? What are the options for people with bad backs who can't just sit on the ground?
Randi
You can stand. It's not that long, and you don't have to wait very long (unlike Fantasmic!).
That said, it's hard to see both Fantasmic! and Electric Parade in the same night (unless there's a later Fantasmic! showing).
I generally don't celebrate my birthday. Others do, but I don't.

Deogge's Mom
04-14-2005, 04:47 AM
Get your birthday sticker from City Hall as soon as you get in the park.

If you want to see The Electrical Parade and Fantasmic! on the same night, go to the 10:30 show of Fantasmic! It is almost impossible to get from DCA to the Rivers of America after The Electrical Parade.

Stop on Main Street and enjoy the fireworks, then head to Fantasmic!.

sdfilmcritic
04-14-2005, 04:54 AM
Wear a bright pink shirt and around three laps through both parks screaming It's My Birthday! at the top of your lungs. If that doesn't gain you some positive, quality attention from others then I don't know what will.

jon80flt
04-14-2005, 06:44 AM
... have never once seen the Electrical Light Parade - that is a MUST for me this time - would paying to see it balcony side be worth it? Or just hang out and watch it on the ground side? What are the options for people with bad backs who can't just sit on the ground?

Happy Birthday Randi!

The Electric Light Parade is in Disney's California Adventure Park, while Fantasmic! in deep in Disneyland... like said above... plan on seeing ELP first, then head over to Disneyland for the later show of F!

I'm not aware of any special seating available for ELP... but if you stakeout your spot early, you can snag a couple of chairs infront of the Ice Cream place across from the fountian in DCA... but plan on people standing in front of you 5 minutes before the parade starts.

As for Balcony seats for F!... plan on calling at 8:00am, 30 days before your trip... the seats go fast... put the number on speed-dial and start at 7:45am!

Yes, get the birthday sticker!

Good luck, and have a wonderful birthday!
Jon :D

mmurray54
04-14-2005, 06:56 AM
If you stay at one of the on property hotels, be sure to ask them for a birthday button. The will also give you a signed picture of Mickey and Minnie wishing you a happy birthday.

bradk
04-14-2005, 07:01 AM
an MP article from 2 days ago regarding birthdays in general:
http://www.mouseplanet.com/more/mm050412lp.htm

experiment626
04-14-2005, 07:20 AM
UGH!! Pet Peeve Alert Here!! The name of the Parade is the Electrical Parade, formally Main Street, now Disney's. It is not the Electric Light Parade.

jon80flt
04-14-2005, 08:13 AM
UGH!! Pet Peeve Alert Here!! The name of the Parade is the Electrical Parade, formally Main Street, now Disney's. It is not the Electric Light Parade.

I guess I'm old-school... my parents called it the Electric Light Parade back when I was a kid....back when Electric Lights were a novelty :p

Jon

RemainSeatedPlease
04-14-2005, 08:33 AM
ooo grab a sticker and run on over to California and go to the toritia factory, they'll give you a whole stack of yummy fresh tortia's!...Happy 25th!

cstephens
04-14-2005, 01:02 PM
What other things, if any, would do in celebration of your birthday?

I have a birthday page posted (http://www.colddeadfish.net/dlr/dlrbirthdays.html) that you might find useful.

mkcbunny
04-14-2005, 05:46 PM
For my 40th b-day, my friend bought me a behind-the-scenes tour. But I don't know what the current options are or which, if any, are good.

My husband bought me a DLR brick. I haven't seen it yet, so when I go in May, it'll be like a super, belated birthday. :)

If it were me, I would definitely make reservations at Napa Rose and spring for a fancy meal for my birthday.

CrazyTrain
04-15-2005, 08:28 AM
For my b-day, I got a birthday sticker. It was fun having CMs (and Mickey!) tell me Happy Birthday.
We also "splurged" at Blue Bayou.
And I definately reccomend that you ride what you want to ride and do things the way you want to, since it's your birthday! :D

Micki0624
04-15-2005, 05:14 PM
At the end of Main Street I think at Plaza Inn they have a birthday celebration. You get to decorate your own cake and get pictures with Mickey and Minnie in one spot. There is a fee but I don't know what it is.

Rhiannon8404
04-15-2005, 05:33 PM
We went to DLR last year for our 11th anniversary. We had dinner at the Vineyard Room. In the course of chatting with our very friendly waiter DH mentioned that it was our anniversary. The waiter congratulated us. To my delight, at the end of the meal was a complimentary dessert plate of chocolate dipped strawberries, cookies, and tiny cheesecakes, and on the plate written in chocolate it said "Happy 11th Anniversary". It was such a lovely surprise!

We also timed the reservation to coincide with the MSEP, so we got to watch it from the terrace.

You could try having dinner there and mention that it's your birthday.