PDA

View Full Version : May 21-24 crowds?

itig
04-13-2005, 02:56 PM
Sorry, I know these kind of threads appear all the time, but I'm hoping for a bit of advice. I'll be in LA for a businees trade show May 18-20 and wanted to bring along my family and go to DLR afterwards.

Since it's still pretty close to the 50th kick-off, I'm concerned it's going to be super-packed. Are most schools still in session or do these dates fall in the beginning of summer for most kids?

Any info or advice appreciated :)

Thanks!

DangerMouse
04-13-2005, 03:00 PM
Quite a few of AZ schools are out for the summer by that time. Not sure about CA schools.

itig
04-13-2005, 03:09 PM
Quite a few of AZ schools are out for the summer by that time. Not sure about CA schools.

Darn those AZ folks...I can say that, I grew up in AZ ;)

Any CA folks know when school generally ends here?

Mukta
04-13-2005, 03:12 PM
Most California schools are still in session. I think the park will be busier after May 5th. It is the weekend before Memorial Day so hopefully it won't be too bad. On the bright side, there will be new things for you guys to see and do!

disney jones
04-13-2005, 03:18 PM
Our AZ school in Phoenix gets out May 25 (and when that school bell rings, we are heading straight to DLR).

So i'm not exactly sure about the comment that "AZ schools will be out at that time" - we all seem to be on the same AZ school schedule here.

So think the dates you specified wiill be very good indeed. After May 5th, the earlier you get there, the better.

itig
04-13-2005, 03:29 PM
Cool, thanks for all for the info! It sounds like we might kind of "thread the needle" on the crowds a bit. I'm sure it will be busy...just hoping for a bit of breathing space :)

DangerMouse
04-13-2005, 03:38 PM
Our AZ school in Phoenix gets out May 25 (and when that school bell rings, we are heading straight to DLR).

So i'm not exactly sure about the comment that "AZ schools will be out at that time" - we all seem to be on the same AZ school schedule here.

So think the dates you specified wiill be very good indeed. After May 5th, the earlier you get there, the better.

disneyjones is right. I just checked and most public schools get out May 25 or later. Sorry about answering without double-checking first. . .

itig
04-13-2005, 03:47 PM
disneyjones is right. I just checked and most public schools get out May 25 or later. Sorry about answering without double-checking first. . .

No worries - thanks again!

SarahJanet
04-13-2005, 05:29 PM
Man, I can't believe how early you Americans get out of school! We go until June 25th or so up here in Canada. Crazy! And when I lived in England, we went into July - near the end of July, usually. What do you DO with your kids for more than three months?

itig
04-13-2005, 05:52 PM
What do you DO with your kids for more than three months?

Go to Disneyland, or course! :)

sediment
04-13-2005, 07:54 PM
The weekend dates will be crowded, but the Mon-Tues won't be as bad.
Just a guess.
You should have them go while you're at your convention. Yeah, too bad for you for not going.

SilverStyle
04-13-2005, 08:02 PM
All the weekend to this date have been really packed. So pack the open the parking lot on Clemantine rd. Its going to get even more crowded as we approach the 50th

Brer Tiff
04-13-2005, 08:13 PM
Man, I can't believe how early you Americans get out of school! We go until June 25th or so up here in Canada. Crazy! And when I lived in England, we went into July - near the end of July, usually. What do you DO with your kids for more than three months?

What time do your schools start again?

sediment
04-13-2005, 08:41 PM
In some parts of Arizona, it's considered child endangerment to let them go outdoors when it's over 110 degrees.

In America, we love our kids. We take them to Disneyland in the summer.

Rhiannon8404
04-13-2005, 08:48 PM
What do you DO with your kids for more than three months?

Well, my son gets out June 3 (and we're packing the 4th and heading to DLR on the 5th), but he starts school on Aug 17th. So he really only gets 10 weeks. I wish he had three whole months off, like I did when I was a kid.

bradk
04-13-2005, 09:40 PM
i'll be there, so it'll be fairly crowded once my adoring public gets word.

other than that, it's historically the best time to be there between now and september.

mkcbunny
04-13-2005, 09:51 PM
The weekend dates will be crowded, but the Mon-Tues won't be as bad.
Just a guess.
You should have them go while you're at your convention. Yeah, too bad for you for not going.

I was thinking this same thing. But I think once the 50th gets rolling, after 5/5, the best time to go is anytime after that first weekend but before Memorial Day weekend, with weekdays being best. And if you can only go over a weekend, then so be it.

sunfun94
04-13-2005, 10:20 PM
In America, we love our kids. We take them to Disneyland in the summer.

amen :D

SarahJanet
04-13-2005, 10:55 PM
School traditionally starts first week of September/last week of August.

(And there's plenty of time in those two months to take poor underprivileged Canadian children to Disneyland, don't worry.)