PDA

View Full Version : Haunted Mansion: What's Upstairs?

Davideo
01-11-2002, 08:15 AM
Hey everyone!

I'm sure this question has been dealt with before, but since I'm new to the board and have always wanted to know, I'll ask the question....

In the Haunted Mansion, I know that the elevator takes you down to a lower level, so what is upstairs in the building that we all know and love?

I was just at DL last night and it was said to see it closed up. There's a big green covering over it. It looks like it is being fumigated.

David

zapppop
01-11-2002, 02:59 PM
I dont' think there IS anything upstairs. I would guess it's empty but I'm not sure.
Right now the Haunted Mansion is closed so they can take down the NMBC overlay and possibly do a little bit of repair work.
The Haunted Mansion will re-open February 8th.

Ace
01-11-2002, 04:17 PM
ghosts are upstairs. it's their break room.

Lost Boy
01-11-2002, 08:08 PM
From what I have heard there are some offices up there for various people that do things around the New Orleans/Critter Country area. Just what they do, I have no idea. But in most of the buildings around the Park, including Main Street, the 2nd floors, if they are not used for public things, are offices.

Did you know that the Alice In Wonderland ride is on top of Mr. Toad's Wild Ride. That's why it climbs up so much. Most of the inside of that ride is over Mr. Toad. I thought that was a neat solution to give us a new Dark Ride (back then) and use some unused space up above another ride. They just didn't have the space to expand outward, so they went up.

Nigel2
01-11-2002, 09:49 PM
Hmmmm Alice on Mr. Toad for a wild ride....:D Oh wah, what was I going to say. Yes, now I remember, someone also said there is a small room/wall that the CMs sign, kind of like a history of the workers.

Morrigoon
01-11-2002, 10:06 PM
That's true. I have a friend who was hired for mansion (something about having red hair, I guess). During her training they took her up into some room to sign the wall. She said it's almost black with signatures.

mrfantasmic
01-15-2002, 07:33 PM
Wouldn't it be cool to actually live upstairs in the Haunted Mansion. Don't think Disney would be too happy, unless they got bo coo money of of it! ;)

Kayoss
01-16-2002, 02:14 AM
The hanging dude area (or Jack in the NBC version) that you see above you after the stretching sequence is through is located in the actual mansion building. There is also some cast member break space, and some other little passegeways in there, but that's it. ;)

Ace
01-16-2002, 08:18 PM
my theory:

anything Disney can be bought, if you know who to talk to and who to pay.