PDA

View Full Version : Disneyland 6-disc CD set tracklist has been posted!

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

Chris Lang
04-12-2005, 03:42 PM
http://www.magicmusic.net/discuss/index.php?board=1;action=display;threadid=1988

(Comes directly from Randy Thornton, the album producer)

Andrew
04-12-2005, 04:05 PM
Wow. I know what I am asking for for my birthday!

What's the "vinyl" included in the special edition?

adriennek
04-12-2005, 04:11 PM
:D :D :D

I did a pretty good job!

:D :D :D

Adrienne

Andrew
04-12-2005, 04:16 PM
Disc 5, track 7: Space Mountain (New Daytime Track)

I think this confirms the "Rockit Mountain" speculation (changing the soundtrack at night). Space has never had separate audio tracks for day and night.

disney jones
04-12-2005, 04:19 PM
Definitely getting one!! :cool:

and i'm glad i bought the separate MSEP disc. for some reason, that wasn't included, but no complaints here.

Niwel
04-12-2005, 04:22 PM
MINE! MINE! MINE!
OMG -- I can just see driving in traffic listening to that. :)

MrsG
04-12-2005, 04:28 PM
Must have this! When does it come out??

AVP
04-12-2005, 04:52 PM
Must have this! When does it come out??Disneyland and Walt Disney World are supposed to release it on May 3rd. Disney Direct is supposed to start taking orders for it on April 24th, to be shipped starting May 3rd. Between the three, they are sharing 5000 Limited Edition copies that will come with the golden vinyl record. After the LE set sells out, they will have the open edition.

National retailers will get the open edition in September.

The 2-disc "Official Album" set will be available through Disneyland, Walt Disney World and Disney Direct at the same time.

National retailers will get a one-disc "official album" in May.

The Mary Poppins and Wishes charity CD will be released through Disneyland, Walt Disney World, Disney Direct and national retailers all at the same time in May.

AVP
- who has spent WAY too much time on the phone with Disney Records this week. :D

KarenW2
04-12-2005, 05:04 PM
Thanks for the info! Do you know which version of Mr. Lincoln will be on this recording - the original, or the recent version with the changed speech and the stuff that sounds like WDW's "Sounds Dangerous" stuff added to it?

Also, do you know if the 20% off PAP discount coupon we received when we renewed can be used towards the purchase of this set? I definitely want one!

experiment626
04-12-2005, 05:07 PM
AWESOME!! I know what my disney dream dollars will be purchasing now :)

Subsonic
04-12-2005, 05:51 PM
Oh man!!! More stuff to get for my station. How can I ever keep up?

I gotta get that!

TikiGeek
04-12-2005, 07:30 PM
What's a vinyl record? ;)

SarahJanet
04-12-2005, 10:47 PM
Does anyone know anything about the two disc set and what's going to be on there? I'd love to have this six disc one but I just don't know if I can manage it.

04-13-2005, 04:45 AM
OMG -- I can just see driving in traffic listening to that.

This is absolutely my first thought, too. Great minds that think alike, Niwel.

Disneynerd
04-13-2005, 05:14 AM
Does it come with a churro?

b52hbuff
04-13-2005, 05:43 AM
Disneyland and Walt Disney World are supposed to release it on May 3rd. Disney Direct is supposed to start taking orders for it on April 24th, to be shipped starting May 3rd. Between the three, they are sharing 5000 Limited Edition copies that will come with the golden vinyl record. After the LE set sells out, they will have the open edition.

Question.. Are you sure 'Disney Direct' and not 'Disney-land Direct'?

Looking here:
http://disney.store.go.com/DSSectionPage.process?Merchant_Id=2&Section_Id=11766&CLK=DS_11776_NAVL2P3_TXT

...it doesnt look like they carry park-specific merchandise.

stan4d_steph
04-13-2005, 06:38 AM
Oooh! I will so have to get this. Major coolness.

AVP
04-13-2005, 06:51 AM
Question.. Are you sure 'Disney Direct' and not 'Disney-land Direct'?

Looking here:
http://disney.store.go.com/DSSectionPage.process?Merchant_Id=2&Section_Id=11766&CLK=DS_11776_NAVL2P3_TXT

...it doesnt look like they carry park-specific merchandise.I'm sure.

AVP

olegc
04-13-2005, 07:13 AM
Wow. I know what I am asking for for my birthday!

What's the "vinyl" included in the special edition?

There is a gold vinyl album (hope you still have your record players at home - I do!) that will be sold with the DIsneyland CD set ONLY at Disneyland. Not available through Disney Direct (according to announcements)

b52hbuff
04-13-2005, 08:53 AM
There is a gold vinyl album (hope you still have your record players at home - I do!) that will be sold with the DIsneyland CD set ONLY at Disneyland. Not available through Disney Direct (according to announcements)

Disneyland and Walt Disney World are supposed to release it on May 3rd. Disney Direct is supposed to start taking orders for it on April 24th, to be shipped starting May 3rd. Between the three, they are sharing 5000 Limited Edition copies that will come with the golden vinyl record. After the LE set sells out, they will have the open edition.

Hmmm... Contradiction. Sounds like Disneydirect _will_ have the LE...

I wonder what time they'll start taking orders? midnight PDT or EDT? :)

Gurgitoy2
04-13-2005, 10:37 AM
and i'm glad i bought the separate MSEP disc. for some reason, that wasn't included, but no complaints here.

Well, it is included in the boxed set, on disc #6. I'm not sure what the track will sound like (which floats, etc.), but it IS included. I really can't wait to get my hands on this set!

The golden vinyl that comes with it, is a reproduction of the first ever "Disneyland Records" release...called "Walt Disney Takes You to Disneyland". It's currently availible on CD from the "Wonderland Music Store" kiosks at Disneyland inside "20th Century Music" on Main Street.

yellowrosedtxn
04-13-2005, 10:41 AM

So, if Disneyland will be the only place they have the gold vinyl album, are they going to have 5,000 of them? I hope they won't be sold out by the time I get there. And is this the set that is going to cost $150.00?

olegc
04-13-2005, 11:56 AM

ok - so either there is conflicting information or ITS ME! Can AVP or someone else clarify? thank you!

Niwel
04-13-2005, 12:01 PM
The Mary Poppins and Wishes charity CD will be released through Disneyland, Walt Disney World, Disney Direct and national retailers all at the same time in May.

What Mary Poppins CD is this?

bradk
04-13-2005, 12:07 PM
what costs $150? i didn't think anything did. from what i gathered, the price is the same with or without the gold vinyl, but the gold vinyl was a theme park exclusive and limited in number.