PDA

View Full Version : Which Souplantation near Disneyland?

disneyberry
04-12-2005, 11:31 AM
Since there's no Souplantation or Sweet Tomatoes here in the Northeast, we must :p stop by one on our next trip to Disneyland. Yes, it's a must. :geek: I know... we're nuts. :rolleyes:

Anyway, we're not familiar w/ the area/neighborhoods, so not sure which one of these Souplantations is in a good or bad neighborhood.

We're leaning towards NOT renting a car, which means we'll have to go on an OCTA adventure or else take a taxi.

Souplantation #1
5939 West Chapman Ave. @ Valley View St.
Garden Grove, CA

Souplantation #2
1901 West Malvern Avenue @ W. Bastonchury Rd.
Fullerton, CA

Is anyone familiar with either of these locations? Or is there another Souplantation location that's better for a car-less Disneyland visitor?

sediment
04-12-2005, 11:38 AM
I'm familiar with SouPlantation. I don't consider it worthy of an extra trip. Yes, you're nuts.

I don't think there will be that great of a difference in the neighborhoods. Both are in high-density areas of Orange County.

rentayenta
04-12-2005, 11:40 AM
Since there's no Souplantation or Sweet Tomatoes here in the Northeast, we must :p stop by one on our next trip to Disneyland. Yes, it's a must. :geek: I know... we're nuts. :rolleyes:

Anyway, we're not familiar w/ the area/neighborhoods, so not sure which one of these Souplantations is in a good or bad neighborhood.

We're leaning towards NOT renting a car, which means we'll have to go on an OCTA adventure or else take a taxi.

Souplantation #1
Garden Grove, CA

Souplantation #2
Fullerton, CA

Is anyone familiar with either of these locations? Or is there another Souplantation location that's better for a car-less Disneyland visitor?

I am very familiar with the one in Garden Grove......I am not familiar with the bus routes however. Go straight up Katella, turn left on Valley View. It's about 2 miles up on the your rt. hand side.

mystycalchyk
04-12-2005, 11:42 AM
What is SouPlantation? :confused:

I mean I assume its an eatery of some sort...but I have never heard of it.

edited:

nevermind. Google has enlightened me. I had heard of Sweet Tomatoes before just never the other. *shrugs* Never been to Sweet Tomatoes either

disneyberry
04-12-2005, 11:46 AM
Thanks for the replies, everyone. So, sediment, by "high-density" you mean they are well populated?

Are both in mainly commercial areas? What else is around in those locations?

The only thing I noticed when I Google Mapped them was that the Garden Grove one seems to be next to a giant Navy Base of some sort.

As far as bus routes, I was thinking that if we end up staying near the Chapman & S. Harbor Blvd cluster of hotels, there's a route that goes east-west on Chapman. I don't remember the route#, I have to look it up again on the OCTA website.

sunfun94
04-12-2005, 11:50 AM
Souplantation is a wonderful place to eat when you love salads...its a buffet that centered around salads, soups and a touch of other foods (breads, pastas etc.) . It has a great variety though and some of the locations are better than others.

DCAWhites
04-12-2005, 11:53 AM
The fullerton one is in a semi upscale shopping center, about 8 miles away from disneyland...very good. Take the 5 north to the 91 east exit euclid, go north, then left on malvern. I'd guess the garden grove one is about 6 miles away (but street driving) since valley view is a couple miles west.

sunfun94
04-12-2005, 11:55 AM
The fullerton one is in a semi upscale shopping center, about 8 miles away from disneyland...very good. Take the 5 north to the 91 east exit euclid, go north, then left on malvern. I'd guess the garden grove one is about 6 miles away (but street driving) since valley view is a couple miles west.

Is that the one that is over by Harbor and I think orangethorpe? Is that one closed?

sediment
04-12-2005, 01:31 PM
Thanks for the replies, everyone. So, sediment, by "high-density" you mean they are well populated?

Yes. But then, most of SoCal is. With high-density comes the stress of living in high-density, and then the stress-relieving that some feel compelled to do follows. Lots of traffic, mostly, which creates localized air pollution, which causes stress as well.

All that said, I bet people here have a number of other off-site, locally-owned restaurants to recommend, if you have to venture off-property.

bradk
04-12-2005, 01:43 PM
http://www.mta.net will give you door to door directions using the mass transit system (if that's what you were planning on doing).

edit: nevermind, i see you were.

Rhiannon8404
04-12-2005, 02:30 PM
Souplantation is a wonderful place to eat when you love salads...its a buffet that centered around salads, soups and a touch of other foods (breads, pastas etc.) . It has a great variety though and some of the locations are better than others.

It's like Fresh Choice then? I've never heard of it.

kbanmen
04-12-2005, 03:39 PM

Souplantation #1
Garden Grove, CA

Souplantation #2
Fullerton, CA

We alwasy go to the one on Malvern because we live in FUllerton.. I LOVE THIS PLACE.. great food :)