PDA

View Full Version : Blue Bayou reservations

Rhiannon8404
04-12-2005, 09:49 AM
Does anyone know if, when you make reservations at BB, you can reserve a waterside table? We've eaten there many times, but would like to sit by the water next time we go.

stan4d_steph
04-12-2005, 09:50 AM
You can't reserve a specific table, but you can request one when you check in for your PS time. You may have to wait longer to get one of these tables.

bradk
04-12-2005, 09:52 AM
you can't request it when you make priority seating arrangements (well, you can, but it won't do you any good). you need to tell the CM when you arrive that you would like a waterside table. you will probably be told it will be an extra wait, at which point you should let the CM know you're willing to wait.

also, it's best to arrive 15-20 minutes prior to your scheduled seating time as they don't hold tables per se and multiple people are offered the same times, so it becomes a case of first come, first serve (which is still far better than being a walk-in).

edit: also, for blue bayou, you may make arrangements up to 60 days in advance, although if you do it first thing in the morning when you get into the park, you should be okay in most cases.

Rhiannon8404
04-12-2005, 09:53 AM
Thanks for the quick answers!

(And what on earth is going on with the counters?)

wishIwasthe_Mouse
04-12-2005, 10:18 AM
Does anyone know if, when you make reservations at BB, you can reserve a waterside table? We've eaten there many times, but would like to sit by the water next time we go.
I just made my reservations this morning for Thursday night. Honeymoon dinner) I asked about wter side seating and they said to just get there about 15 to 20 minutes early and they could probably accomidate it.

Leash81
04-12-2005, 10:25 AM
Blue Bayou still opens at 11:30 right? I swear if my memory is this bad at my age I won't know my own name in a few years.

wishIwasthe_Mouse
04-12-2005, 10:29 AM
? Im not sure our reservations are for dinner (5:20) so what time they open i dont know. I do know they serve lunch so i would think around 10:30 to 11:00

dlandnut
04-12-2005, 11:14 AM
I made our reservations for 12 last week. We're going in June. I requested waterside seats, was told they don't do that anymore, but that I could check in early and make that request (as Brad posted previously). Have fun! :)

thekirk
04-12-2005, 11:24 AM
I think that everytime our family has requested a table by the water we got one by the water. The wait was probably slightly longer than if we waited for a standard table, but it wasn't like we waited an hour or something. There is really no need to make a reservation so early (like a month in advance) just make sure you make a reservation the morning of the day you want to dine there. My mom always goes straight to the BB when entering the park to make our reservation. Not sure if you can make reservations at a info kiosk now or not.

CrazyTrain
04-12-2005, 04:58 PM
If you go to the earliest seating, you won't have to wait. We checked in about 5 minutes early... there were about 6? parties already waiting and maybe 4 who hadn't checked in yet. I requested waterside and the CM said that everyone would get waterside, or one row in at the worst. We ended up with GREAT seats - waterside, under the tree, by the bushes. We could glimpse at the boats going by, but we weren't out in the open being stared at. It helped the atmosphere tons.

Hakuna Makarla
04-12-2005, 05:14 PM
If you go to the earliest seating, you won't have to wait. We checked in about 5 minutes early... there were about 6? parties already waiting and maybe 4 who hadn't checked in yet. I requested waterside and the CM said that everyone would get waterside, or one row in at the worst. We ended up with GREAT seats - waterside, under the tree, by the bushes. We could glimpse at the boats going by, but we weren't out in the open being stared at. It helped the atmosphere tons.

Did you get the monte cristo?? if so what did you think? man I want one again!!!

bradk
04-12-2005, 05:16 PM
you should be able to use the kiosk to make priority seating arrangements. in addition, *86 from any DLR payphone should get you to dining reservations.

CrazyTrain
04-14-2005, 09:50 AM
Karla, I did! It was WONDERFUL!! I split it with a friend, and was stuffed!!! It was so, so good! mmmm.