PDA

View Full Version : Disney Adults at Kid's Price - Battle for SoCal Begins

coronamouseman
01-11-2002, 06:26 AM
Disney's offer of admission to DL or DCA for kid's price was in first section of LA Times today - this makes the lineup for the "Winter Offseason" in SoCal as follows:

Disney - SoCal $33 for DL or DCA through June; $99 SoCal 2P AP
Knott's - Coupon via Carl's Jr for $21 (not sure of end date)
Universal - Buy one day at $43 get whole year (to end of Feb)

Will be interesting to see if "interim markdowns" will occur between now and summer..........

Wonder what hotel/ticket packages Disney is offering for out-of-towners - they would have to be pretty good to get any traffic going during this period of extreme depression of the air travel industry ..........

Item of very little interest: Disney is now offering packages for multiple Mighty Ducks games at a hefty per game discounted price and then throwing in tickets to DCA as a bonus - talk about a two-pronged marketing assault with a blunt instrument .........

Let the war for customers begin!

justagrrl
01-11-2002, 06:38 AM
I heard you can get in to Knott's for $12.95 with canned food donation.

Here's a link about it:

http://www.myoc.com/community/buenapark/news/bpcalendar.shtml

TerryTiger
01-11-2002, 03:35 PM
and just read an ad in today's Orange County Register about Sea World in SD offering a similar deal to Universal - 1 day admission and come back as many times as you'd like the rest of the year.

Flubber
01-11-2002, 03:52 PM
Originally posted by TerryTiger
and just read an ad in today's Orange County Register about Sea World in SD offering a similar deal to Universal - 1 day admission and come back as many times as you'd like the rest of the year.

Sea World's just down the street. I think I'll take advantage of this. Thanks for the info.

Is that TerryTiger as in Toad? "Yeah--ah--let me have a Three Musketeers, ah, and a ball point pen there, a comb, a pint of Old Harper, couple of flashlight batteries and some of this beef jerky..."

I digress. Back to the battle for SoCal!

Flub

Morrigoon
01-11-2002, 11:43 PM
I hear Sea World treats their APs VERY well.