PDA

View Full Version : Shoes at Disneyland

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

dlandnut
04-12-2005, 08:36 AM
I couldn't help thinking of something I saw a few years ago at the entrance to Disneyland. I am currently in the process of "breaking in" a new pair of sandals, so that when I go to DL in June they won't cause me any problem.

Anyway, as I was entering the gate a few years ago, a young woman, around 20 years old, was entering at the same time. I remember thinking how pretty she was, possibly of Asian descent, and very striking. Anyway, she had on a pair of 6-inch tiny heeled shoes (at least that tall, maybe taller). I was speechless. Maybe she had them "broke in" like I'm trying to do with my flat sandals, but nevertheless I couldn't help but want to meet her at the end of her fun-filled day at Disneyland, to ask her if her shoes were as comfortable on her way "out" of the gates as they were coming "in" the gates, lol!

Oh well, by June 2nd, I (and my shoes) will be READY FOR ACTION!!! :)

sunfun94
04-12-2005, 08:41 AM
You know its funny... I see many guests I would love to ask that same question...its amazing what shoes people will choose to wear to the parks...do they not realize that they are walking around all day?? I wish them all the comfort in the world...

rentayenta
04-12-2005, 08:43 AM
Speaking of shoes, everyday but one during my March DL trip, I wore a pair of Hurley, 1 inch heel, flip flops. The only day my feet hurt was when I wore my Nike running shoes. :confused:

sunfun94
04-12-2005, 08:46 AM
Its funny, but I can actually understand that... when my dh and I went to epcot, we both wore our Quicksilver flip flops...I was more comfy in those then in my New Balance later that day...my dh on the otherhand had the opposite reaction...he was way more comfy in his shoes..he has flat feet and needs the arch support..

bradk
04-12-2005, 08:47 AM
i wear ecco's which are supposedly some of the most comfortable shoes out there, which i somewhat agree with - only when the shoes are tightly tied, which i seem to have a problem maintaining.

sunfun94
04-12-2005, 08:50 AM
Ecco's are what my husband wears to work (he is on his feet most of the day) and he practically swears by them...they offer him comfort while being light and prvide support for him as well...

tlovesdis
04-12-2005, 08:54 AM
If I wear tennis shoes, no matter how broken in they are, I get blisters. On our last trip I wore my speedo pool flip flop things the whole time (with socks) and my feet never bothered me. Sometimes I wear Teva sandals too.

cstephens
04-12-2005, 09:11 AM
It doesn't surprise me too much when people wear heels and things to Disneyland because there aren't any hills and there is a restaurant or two on property where people might want to dress up. Seeing people wear heels or their Sunday finest at Magic Mountain though, with all the hills there and the thrill rides? Makes no sense to me.

sunfun94
04-12-2005, 09:11 AM
good point

mystycalchyk
04-12-2005, 09:23 AM
I had to finally throw out my beloved Sketchers after our trip in September. I got a HUGE blister that stretched across the entire ball of my foot up against my toes. I was in agony. (And yes I rented a scooter for our last day there because there was no way I could walk on that thing). They were just way too stretched out and rubbed bad. I had bought them and another pair of tennies when we went to WDW in May/June of '03. I wore them the first day we were there and the next day I wore the other ones. I went back to the Sketchers and never wore the other ones ever again. I wore them hard for a little over a year (trip to WDW was in May, the trip where the blister occured was September '04). Once I got home I got out that other pair of tennies I had bought at the same time but never wore and now I wear them all the time.
I live in Berkenstocks but I simply cannot wear them at Disneyland. For some reason they are too slick on the bottom and I cant keep my footing if its wet (and since we normally go in December, its usually wet).

I may try them when we go in May but I dont know, those tennies are way comfy now :) (Although I'd like to go get another pair of those Sketchers)

I see the chicks in their 'clubbing' shoes and I dont get it. :rolleyes: It's an amusement park people.

wishIwasthe_Mouse
04-12-2005, 09:32 AM
hehehe since i work for a sandal company that is normaly what i wear. all the time.....
we make shoes too and depending on the weater i may slipon a pair of them but almost always, always, always.. my Reef sandals

Rhiannon8404
04-12-2005, 09:37 AM
I can't wear my Birkenstocks at DL either. Nor can I wear my Doc Martens. For some strange reason, my feet get super tired in my Birks and I always get blisters in my Docs. I can wear these well broken in favorites anywhere else and be just fine.

I like my Dansko sandals or my Ariat mules for wearing around the park all day. If I know I'm going on water rides, I try to wear my Tevas.

Terri
04-12-2005, 09:41 AM
I live in my Teva's in the summer - have 4 pair of sandals, 1 pair of tennies and 1 pair of "dress pant" shoes. So I'll be in Teva's at the park over memorial day! When I do wear the tennies I also wear running socks - they're thick and wick away moisture so I usually don't get blisters. I've had problems when I've worn either my Nike walking shoes or New Balance, but have had no problem with "cheap" tennies from Payless...go figure!

sunfun94
04-12-2005, 09:47 AM
I have my pair of Sketchers that I wear consistantly when i wear tennies...I have a pair of NB that I work out in (though i need a new pair) but i live in my flip flops given that we are at the beach...however my dh just got me a pair of Oakley flip flops that I cant get my feet out of, they are sooo happy in them. :D These are probroly the best sandles I have worn..I cant wait to bring them to WDW!

b52hbuff
04-12-2005, 09:49 AM
http://www.zappos.com/n/p/dp/515650/c/2209.html
http://www.clarksusa.com/product/Detail.aspx?prodId=246&Level1=M&scroll=1372&page=1&Level2=5

Clark's Biofix sandals.

I used to wear cross trainers and then 'running' shoes. Found out that ventilation was more important than 'support'. My feet used to swell after a day of walking because they couldn't cool down. The sandals keep my feet cooler and that keeps them from swelling and getting sore...

MsYumiBr
04-12-2005, 09:58 AM
This is an interesting topic. It has been mentioned that the person wearing heels is asian. It is quite common for women from Japan to wear heels, everywhere, walking long distances in them to the point of really making a mess of their poor feet (and their shoes). They are used to it, that's all. It really is more painful on your calves to go to tennies after you are used to being perched for so long.

averagedork
04-12-2005, 10:17 AM
I am a fan of the wedge heel. I wear them to work, I wear them to Disneyland. I recently have been wearing a pair of moccosasins/loafers. The balls of my feet hurt so much! I was in so much pain. I am not a sneaker fan. I have my workout shoes that I couldn't wear to Disneyland. I couldn't be seen outside the gym with them on.

bradk
04-12-2005, 10:17 AM
i wonder if it's still common for chinese women to keep their feet bandaged to help keep them smaller. or at least that's what my warped mind remembers hearing.

disneyhound
04-12-2005, 10:24 AM
I feel so ashamed, I cannot for the life of me, name my shoes, I guess it's a guy thing... ;)

Disnerd
04-12-2005, 10:25 AM
I work at the Resort and I swear by my shoes. They look like something Inspector Gadget would wear, but they work. You can also get pairs with an enclosed spring. I got them after asking every guest I saw wearing them how they liked their shoes. Not one of them said any thing bad about them. At WDW I had convinced Cast Members that these were Earthquake shoes which allow us to remain up right during a quake. You just wobble, you don't fall down.

http://www.oczs.com

Ask for Cathe she will give a discount to CM's and AP's :D

bradk
04-12-2005, 10:27 AM
whoa.. moon shoes almost. you can use those on stage?

mystycalchyk
04-12-2005, 10:29 AM
I have looked at those ZCoils. I know some poeple swear by them and they are quite comfy. I just havent managed to want them bad enough to shell out the bucks for them.

Disnerd
04-12-2005, 10:31 AM
Yes, The costume guide dosen't say anything about the heel. Just that they be black leather and polishable. Plus you can get them with an enclosed heel cup. I've had mine for over two years and they have been seen by DL last two presidents and everybody else. The best part is that when the heel pad wears down you can replace it with a screw driver.

bradk
04-12-2005, 10:33 AM
yeah i realized that's what you meant by the enclosure after. that's wild.

Disnerd
04-12-2005, 10:34 AM
I have looked at those ZCoils. I know some poeple swear by them and they are quite comfy. I just havent managed to want them bad enough to shell out the bucks for them.
Trust me when your on your feet all day long they are worth every penny. And I don't buy shoes as often as I use to. Plus as and added bonus when a guest hits you, you just bounce back up like a punching bag clown :fez: