PDA

View Full Version : DLR bench warmers

sdfilmcritic
04-12-2005, 02:47 AM
So, I have a question to those of us who are DLR Bench Warmers. Where in the park is your favorite spot to sit down and people watch or just to zone out?

04-12-2005, 05:08 AM
New Orleans Square at a café table by the sparkly shop.

PumbaaMan
04-12-2005, 06:25 AM
Just outside the French Quarter. Near the jazz stage. Nothing better than sipping on a mint jullip, muching on popcorn, listening to some really good jazz, and watching folks as they get off the train and come into the area.

Susan L
04-12-2005, 06:40 AM
The Hub!

itig
04-12-2005, 07:06 AM
A couple of times, we have headed back behind the corn dog truck near the first aid center and relaxed on the benches. You see a lot of CM's coming and going and we also have seen many characters. I think I read here that sometimes it smells less than pleasant in this area, but we never had that experience. It's shaded and sheltered a bit from the sounds - a good place for kids napping in strollers.

wishIwasthe_Mouse
04-12-2005, 07:19 AM
i actually like to people watch between the parks. I wil sit and lean against the "N" in califonia. the faces on the kids and adaults alike is great. you can tell the opnes who have not been there in a wile they look almost lost.

Doodle Duck
04-12-2005, 07:24 AM
Favorite spot after dark is the benches at the Hub, Castle background...thousands of people LEAVING...freeing up space elsewhere. :fez:

Rhiannon8404
04-12-2005, 07:26 AM
A couple of times, we have headed back behind the corn dog truck <snip> You see a lot of CM's coming and going and we also have seen many characters.

We like this area for breaks as well. I've never noticed it smelling bad at all. The best part is you do see a lot of characters heading in and out. They are usually happy to stop and take pics since they aren't surrounded by lots of people.

tod
04-12-2005, 08:01 AM
The porch in front of the China Closet
Café Orleans
The benches in the middle of Tomorrowland

--t

Andrew
04-12-2005, 09:10 AM
New Orleans Square at a café table by the sparkly shop.
I like that spot too! Also, Hungry Bear top deck, near the back.

cstephens
04-12-2005, 09:19 AM
I like that spot too!

You hang out...Jen shops...

Also, Hungry Bear top deck, near the back.

It's a great place for planning to kill farmers.

justlittleoldme
04-12-2005, 09:49 AM
The hub is nice and the benches by toontown in the shade are nice too. It's funny to watch people try to hike up and down that hill.

ksejr1
04-12-2005, 12:34 PM
I enjoy watching people dance and have a great time while a band in playing in tommorrowland. Also riding the train a few times around, watching people go by.

Crazy4DL
04-12-2005, 12:39 PM
The hub is nice and the benches by toontown in the shade are nice too. It's funny to watch people try to hike up and down that hill.

Oh so you are one of those laughing at me huffing and puffing up that hill, huh? well :p

;)

vampireanneke
04-12-2005, 12:41 PM
I enjoy watching people dance and have a great time while a band in playing in tommorrowland. Also riding the train a few times around, watching people go by.

Riding the train around is my favorite people watching. We try to sit near where the attendant stands on the train, and talk to them, and everyone else that is coming and going. some of the best conversations at the park.

Anneke

mystycalchyk
04-12-2005, 12:42 PM
On the front porch wicker sofa on Main Street

disney jones
04-12-2005, 01:31 PM
i'the one between the Plaza Gardens stage and Frontierland is nice - shady and quiet.

MrsG
04-12-2005, 04:31 PM
On the bench outside Tomorrowland with views of the castle, or the bench that faces Frontierland/Adventureland.

ILoveChurros
04-12-2005, 07:06 PM
oh people watching, my favorite hobby!

Disneyland: Anywhere on Main St. where I can see people coming in happy and people leaving tired and annoyed. :p

DCA: I know its dark here, but the Animation place is my favorite place to watch people, and to talk (those couched are too darn comfy after a day of walking). The best place to sit is on the floor sometimes because you can get a broader view of the screens and watch kids get excited to see characters and see people singing and dancing along with the music.

Dream Again
04-12-2005, 08:48 PM
The little "park" in Toontown.

The area by Tower of Terror in DCA.

The bench area in front of the railroad stop in New Orleans, next to HM.

Main Street, next to the candy shop for as long as I can stand the smell.

mkcbunny
04-12-2005, 08:50 PM
One January trip, we got soaked on Grizzly and needed to warm up and rest. We headed to the benches in the round area just before the bridge to Paradise Pier [the one that goes to Ariel's Grotto]. There, we both stretched out in the sun and napped, rotating until we dried. I was surprised at how peaceful it was, right there in the middle of the park. I nearly fell asleep.

figmentspark
04-12-2005, 09:10 PM
-In Disneyland the porch on Main Street that's covered and has the chairs (the place that mystycalchyk talked about)
-In DCA I like to sit over by where California Screamin' launches the people and watch them go.

kristen
04-12-2005, 10:32 PM
triple for the porch on mainstreet! also, the hub area outside of the hotdog lunch place--forgot what it's called--next to the piano with a nice ice cream cone. It's wonderful! Lots of music, good food and fun people watching, in the cool way, not the creepy way, lol....

sdfilmcritic
04-13-2005, 01:55 AM
I like the Frontierland walkway behind BTMRR that takes you back to Fantasyland. I guess I like this area because it reminds me of visiting the mountains, which is a very relaxing place to go visit.

Another great place I constantly sit down to drink my coffee is the tables in front of the Main Street Lockers. It's always busy in this area, but it's the closest seating area to the Market House where I get my coffee.

MrVisible
04-13-2005, 02:14 AM
I'm glad this thread is here; I'm really looking forward to finding a good bench on which to do some sketching/watercolors this June. Oddly, that's the one thing I'm looking forward to the most right now. That, and Tower of Terror.