PDA

View Full Version : What are people wearing lately?

Hi-Ho
04-11-2005, 12:52 PM
Heading to DL end of this week (will be in parks next week). I have been watching the weather - looks like it has been in low 70's. Does it get warm enough for shorts in the afternoon or are most people wearing pants? Thanks!!

wishIwasthe_Mouse
04-11-2005, 12:55 PM
I will be going to DLR on Thursday and i will be wearing shorts and a T-shirt. But i think it has to do with what kind of weather you are used to. it does get warm in the sun though.

Hi-Ho
04-11-2005, 12:56 PM
Do you find that you need a sweatshirt or coat in the morning?

jennia
04-11-2005, 12:58 PM
Jeans and a T-shirt with light layers to add for the evening so far this season for us. I do see some shorts but it hasn't been *quite* warm enough for me to break out the shorts for a park visit yet.

Hi-Ho
04-11-2005, 01:04 PM
It seems to be that tricky time of year where we are on the cusp of being able to bust out our pale white legs in shorts but you never know (especially if we go on Splash or GRR and get wet!).

wishIwasthe_Mouse
04-11-2005, 01:06 PM
I some times wear a sweatshirt but I normaly take it off after the first ride or before depending on the sun and if it getts windy or not. you will definatly want a sweatshirt for the night time when the wind pics up and the sun is gone.

Hi-Ho
04-11-2005, 01:07 PM
I some times wear a sweatshirt but I normaly take it off after the first ride or before depending on the sun and if it getts windy or not. you will definatly want a sweatshirt for the night time when the wind pics up and the sun is gone.
Do you wear shorts or pants?

wishIwasthe_Mouse
04-11-2005, 01:11 PM
I almost allways wear shorts. :)

Hi-Ho
04-11-2005, 01:13 PM
Thanks much for the input!! Going to start packing tonight!

MammaSilva
04-11-2005, 01:20 PM
We're from the bay area and we were there from April 1-3 and wore shorts all day long, I did have jeans handy for my daughter but she never 'needed' to change, we had sweatshirts and didn't need them either except for the one night we stayed late enough to watch the light parade and fireworks. Layers are the key for this time of year tho.

Hi-Ho
04-11-2005, 01:22 PM
Layers it is!! Just keeping my fingers crossed that it doesn't rain! :-)

wishIwasthe_Mouse
04-11-2005, 01:25 PM
Rain??? it dosnt rain in southern california...... well okay it did a little this year. by the way did you happen to see which direction my house floated off in??????

Hi-Ho
04-11-2005, 01:29 PM
When you live in Seattle and go to Cali, you always pray that you get some sunshine!

SCUBAbe
04-11-2005, 01:31 PM
I was there on Sunday and I was hot in jeans and a t-shirt. When I first gpot there at about 9:30am it was cold. I was wearing a sweatshirt. Then it got hot and i had the sweat shirt tied around my waist all day. The previous sunday it was cold when I got there, it warmed up and then got cold again around 3:00pm....

Tyuasd
04-12-2005, 09:15 AM
I was at the park on Saturday. When we got there (at 8:00) it was cool. I wore a light sweatshirt. About 9:30 it warmed up. I wore a t-shirt and jeans all day, but probably could have managed with shorts as well. After senset it cooled down enough that we got the sweatshirts out of the lockers.

I definitely recommend using the lockers. That way you can be prepared for shorts, long pants, and sweatshirts. The smaller lockers (which you can stuff quite a bit into) cost $5.00 for the entire day (i.e., you can go back to them as many times without having to repay).

I wouldn't worry about rain. We are pretty much done with the rainy season now in So. Calif. If it does rain it will be very spotty, and not much more than a drizzle.

justlittleoldme
04-12-2005, 10:00 AM
Ok, I went Friday night and stayed until closing, and it was freezing! I would be prepared for it being cold and hot. It seems once the sun sets, it cools off bigtime.

Hi-Ho
04-12-2005, 11:47 AM
Thanks all! I guess I will just bring a little bit of everything!

Susan L
04-12-2005, 12:02 PM
I wear shorts anytime of year at DL but then I live in the mountains so SoCA weather is quite balmy for me.