PDA

View Full Version : Electrical Parade Priority Seating?

Poster_SF
04-11-2005, 12:34 PM
Has anyone shelled out the $50 for this? Is it any good?? (Assortment of meats and cheeses and a glass of wine)

Suburban Plankton
04-13-2005, 05:39 PM
We didn't do that, but we did have 7:30 dinner reservations at the Vineyard Room. The Parade passes right by the restaurant, so we got to see the whole thing from our table while we ate dessert. If you don't want to spend the money for the Vineyard Room, you could try the Wine Country Trattoria instead (The Trattoria is downstairs in the Winery building, the Vineyard Room is upstairs).

Spazz
04-13-2005, 07:52 PM
My husband and I did the priority seating for MSEP about a year and a half ago and we really enjoyed it. They served us each a generous portion of meats, cheeses and fruits and they kept refilling our wine glasses. You have the choice of several wines. We were only one of three tables of people and the view of the parade was wonderful. The only downside is you don't get any interaction with the parade performers because you are seated up on the patio outside of the wine tasting bar. I don't know how great this is if you have kids. I think kids would rather be down on the parade route.

I enjoyed this every bit as much as the Fantasmic buffet (We've done both balcony and riverside seating). After the parade was over we would've like to have hung out there longer, but the park was closing. It was very romantic and I thought it was worth the money for the food and wine that they served. Hope this helps!

Karen

SCUBAbe
04-13-2005, 08:25 PM
unlike fantasmic it is not difficult to get a good viewing of the electrical parade. You can literally walk right up to it even after it starts and have front row seats. :)

bradk
04-13-2005, 09:37 PM
wow.. i didn't even know this opportunity existed... i feel so ashamed

not that i plan on doing it anyway, fantasmic is enough.

tjaa
04-13-2005, 10:47 PM
We didn't do that, but we did have 7:30 dinner reservations at the Vineyard Room. The Parade passes right by the restaurant, so we got to see the whole thing from our table while we ate dessert. If you don't want to spend the money for the Vineyard Room, you could try the Wine Country Trattoria instead (The Trattoria is downstairs in the Winery building, the Vineyard Room is upstairs).

Ditto, dinner for the Wife's B-day last Jan., great food (although $$$), lots of wine, they suggested we stay for the ELP, nice view sipping on after dinner liqueurs :D Note: not good for night photos...

Wendi
04-13-2005, 10:48 PM
I had no idea there was a Priority Seating for the Electrical Parade... where is it? Is it really $50? And I take it they serve wine, cheese, fruit and meat? Interesting... do they also serve desserts like the Fantasmic buffet? I don't know that I'd pay $50 for it, unless I wanted to drink LOTS of wine... mainly because we can sit right at the edge of the Electrical Parade with no problems at all.

Walt'sbirthdaygirl
04-14-2005, 01:55 PM
who do I call for this?

does anyone have the number or email for vacation planning?

bradk
04-14-2005, 01:57 PM
try ticketing: (714) 781-4400

Pureevents
04-15-2005, 10:43 AM
Think it would be worth it on the 4th? I think DCA will be quite busy that day.

bradk
04-15-2005, 11:05 AM
if you're willing to line up for the parade up to an hour before, probably not. fantasmic priority seating has the appeal because sometimes you need to wait half a day for a good spot.