PDA

View Full Version : Airport Bus Question

denise
04-11-2005, 11:47 AM
Hi again!

Of those of you who have used the Airport Bus, have you ever had a problem with the bus being full when being picked up from your hotel to go BACK to LAX? We are staying at the Best Western Park Place Inn, and we would hate to wait for the bus, only to have it drive on by. We don't want to miss our flight out of LAX. Thanks!

Denise

sediment
04-11-2005, 12:58 PM
#1.

mystycalchyk
04-11-2005, 01:04 PM
#1.

*cracks up*

Ummm no if you schedule them to come they will come for you. You MAY have to wait for them to pick up other people though.

hlbtimes2
04-11-2005, 01:10 PM
In my experience, no the bus wont be full. What they do is pick up people at many hotels, then take them to a transfer area. At the transfer area they will load people on to the buses headed toward the proper airports. In other words, the bus will pick up you and others from your hotel, but you might not all be flying out of the same airport. Personally, I prefer the super shuttle service over the bus.

Captain Carlos
04-11-2005, 02:48 PM
Hi Denise,

We took the Airport Bus at the end of January and I will not use it again for that exact reason. It was not full going from the resort to LAX and it was on time - but the ride from LAX to the hotel was a disaster. The bus was almost an hour late, it was full (we were one of the fortunate ones able to get on) and the washrooms were absolutely disgusting. The family at the next airport stop had waited longer than we had for the bus and had to wait even longer because the bus was full. I understand it's the cheapest route but this is definately an area where you get what you pay for.

-Teresa

Hi again!

Of those of you who have used the Airport Bus, have you ever had a problem with the bus being full when being picked up from your hotel to go BACK to LAX? We are staying at the Best Western Park Place Inn, and we would hate to wait for the bus, only to have it drive on by. We don't want to miss our flight out of LAX. Thanks!

Denise

Hakuna Makarla
04-11-2005, 03:01 PM
1 word Super shuttle
They come for you at the time you need and take you directly there( they do pick up others but you are never late for the airport. they are a good company. Cheaper to. 10.00 one way. to john wayne. Lax I am not sure about.

sediment
04-11-2005, 03:14 PM
*cracks up*

Ahh, mi public...

sleepyjeff
04-11-2005, 08:02 PM
TAXI!....for 3-4 people this is actually cheaper then shuttles or buses and you go direct to your hotel instead of a 2 hour tour of Anaheim area lodging ;)

bradk
04-11-2005, 08:04 PM
not necessarily from LAX. it's roughly $70. a private car would probably be the best way to go for 3 people or more.

sleepyjeff
04-11-2005, 08:12 PM
not necessarily from LAX. it's roughly $70. a private car would probably be the best way to go for 3 people or more.

Yes, you are right. I should have read more carefully as I was referring to Orange Co Airport not LAX. Sorry for the confusion please see Sediments answer for my take on it now :fez: :fez: :fez:

disneyhound
04-12-2005, 06:51 AM
1 word Super shuttle ...
one word? ;)
I totally agree, forget the bus, go with the shuttle!

denise
04-12-2005, 02:52 PM
Thanks for all your advice. I totally agree that I would rather travel by car service, or limo, but there is a possibility that we may be able to check into an earlier flight than the one we have booked. We won't know until the day of travel, though. This means we can't be sure of our arrival time...which of course means we can't book a limo/car service... Are there companies you can call from the airport?

Thanks

mystycalchyk
04-12-2005, 03:20 PM
You can wait till you are standing there on the sidewalk outside the airport looking about aimlessly with your bags in your hand after having freshly picked them up from baggage claim to book with Super Shuttle. They are always ready and available :)