PDA

View Full Version : Thursday - Cali here we come!

Hi-Ho
04-11-2005, 11:36 AM
We leave this Thursday for a roadtrip from Seattle to Cali. I am so darn excited that I can hardly focus on work...had to tell "someone" since no one here would understand - including my husband.

We will visit friends in the Bay area for a couple days, then head to San Luis Obispo to see friends for a few more days and then we arrive in Anaheim on April 19th - 7 nights at the Candy Cane Inn. Yay! The last few days of waiting are real killers...want to hit the road now! (oh, and after Anaheim, we go to Palm Desert to lay by the pool and cure my Disney hangover) for 4 days.

:fez:

Mommy2NicknMax
04-11-2005, 11:48 AM
Have a wonderful and safe time!!!!

Hi-Ho
04-11-2005, 11:49 AM
Thanks - you too! I see you live close to me. You will be heading to DL around the time we come home. Enjoy, enjoy!

smjoseph
04-11-2005, 12:19 PM
Sounds like a great vacation! Enjoy yourself. My 5th wheel is calling out to me in a big way. That road trip is just around the corner for myself as well.

Hi-Ho
04-11-2005, 12:22 PM
Wish we could be there in May this year - we were there last May 5th for opening of TOT. Can't wait to read everyone's trip reports about the 50th. Will have to live vicariously through those so be sure you fill us in on all the gory details!

Hi-Ho
04-14-2005, 09:39 AM
Only 4 hours left until our 2.5 week roadtrip - which includes a week at Candy Cane Inn and Disneyland!!! The weather shows some rain in Anaheim the weekend after this one - which falls in the middle of our stay there - hope they are wrong!

I am at work this morning trying to focus and not having much luck! :p Any last minute words of advice???

yellowrosedtxn
04-14-2005, 09:41 AM
Yep, HAVE FUN!!!! (I am so jealous, I still have over 2 months before we go!!!) Can't wait to hear about your trip!

sediment
04-14-2005, 09:43 AM
"Cali"? Sorry, LL, the new version is "Caleefourneeyah" with an Arnold accent.

Hi-Ho
04-14-2005, 09:44 AM
"Cali"? Sorry, LL, the new version is "Caleefourneeyah" with an Arnold accent.
And I thought I was so "hip" saying "Cali". Thanks for clearing that up sediment!

Rhiannon8404
04-14-2005, 10:15 AM
And I thought I was so "hip" saying "Cali".

I always get a bit of a giggle when people refer to California as "Cali". No one here does. At least you don't refer to San Francisco as "Frisco". ;)

Have a safe drive down!

bradk
04-14-2005, 10:16 AM
SanFran is much more fun to say in my opinion

Hi-Ho
04-14-2005, 10:19 AM
So any more advice other than how "not" to say California? :-)

SCUBAbe
04-14-2005, 10:24 AM

LOL..I abbreviate California as cali. sometimes, but I don't say it that way. I always just say the whole long word. My mother calls San Francisco frisco. For the longest time i had no idea what she was talking about...LOL

Rhiannon8404
04-14-2005, 10:27 AM
Anyone familiar with the commedian Eddie Izzard? He does a great bit on refering to San Francisco as "SanFran" or "Frisco".

D-lander 1956
04-14-2005, 11:03 AM
Well, our wonderful TV newscasters call us "SoCal" or "The Southland" :rolleyes:, but you can just call us "cool"! :cool:

Sorry, I couldn't resist. :p

Have a great time on your trip.

Hi-Ho
04-14-2005, 11:31 AM
Well, our wonderful TV newscasters call us "SoCal" or "The Southland" :rolleyes:, but you can just call us "cool"! :cool:

Sorry, I couldn't resist. :p

Have a great time on your trip.
Cool it is!!!

Going to head out earlier than planned...about an hour (and ticking....). Can't wait to hear that music when I walk through the gates!!!

Monte Cristo
04-14-2005, 11:34 AM
We leave this Thursday for a roadtrip from Seattle to Cali. I am so darn excited that I can hardly focus on work...had to tell "someone" since no one here would understand - including my husband.

We will visit friends in the Bay area for a couple days, then head to San Luis Obispo to see friends for a few more days and then we arrive in Anaheim on April 19th - 7 nights at the Candy Cane Inn. Yay! The last few days of waiting are real killers...want to hit the road now! (oh, and after Anaheim, we go to Palm Desert to lay by the pool and cure my Disney hangover) for 4 days.

:fez:

WOW - that is some road trip. Have fun...stay safe!

sediment
04-14-2005, 01:52 PM
Nah. But there are some other important notes.
First, I-5 in Oregon becomes The 5 in CA.
You'll be staying in the Bay Area (would that be "The City" or Oaktown? Or perhaps Berzerkely?) Got your Peninsula, Marin, East Bay, CoCoCo, etc.
You'll go through NoCal (the NoCal's like to call it NorCal, but that's one more letter, and that's just wrong), on The 101 toward SLO. I think SLO has an In-N-Out Burger, so it qualifies as SoCal (that one in San Ramon or Dublin doesn't count, yet). Yeah, I think we'll take SLO as part of SoCal, even if it don't want us.
You'll follow the coast through Santa Barbara and The 'Nard, and I would recommend The Pacific Coast Highway instead of going through The Valley (near guaranteed traffic, and not so great site-seeing). More great viewing with the coast and the mansions where The Rich And Famous live, even if there is traffic, at least you're near the beach. Take The 10 in Santa Monica toward Disneyland. You're on your own after that.

mkcbunny
04-14-2005, 05:29 PM
See above for proper Bay Area nicknames. Call it SanFran or Frisco and you'll get a big laugh. "The City" will slide on by with the locals. :)